Community Outrage as News Agency Airs Monk Sex Scandal Videos

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Phra Ajarn O has denied the allegations, suggesting the victims turned against him due to a business dispute involving over 10 million baht from amulet sales. The monk had amassed assets worth over 100 million baht, which authorities plan to seize amid ongoing investigations.

So, he denies allegation that is perfectly visible on videos. Wonder if that is what he learned in his studies. They have far too many of his kind and other negatives like drinking and violence in the temples. The organization have to stand up and clean up their mess. It´s time to have criminal check ups and unusually rich tests before being allowed to enter the hood.

• Thanks 1

A post breaking community rules has been removed.

Rule 17. The ASEAN NOW news team collects news articles from various recognised and reputable news sources. The articles  may be consolidated from different sources and rewritten with AI assistance These news items are shared in our forums for members to stay informed and engaged. Our dedicated news team puts in the effort to deliver quality content, and we ask for your respect in return. Any disrespectful comments about our news articles or the content itself, such as calling it "clickbait" or “slow news day”, criticizing grammatical errors, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken. Please note that republished articles may contain errors or opinions that do not reflect the views of ASEAN NOW.

If you'd like to help us, and you see an error with an article then please use the report function so that we can attend to it promptly.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So, he denies allegation that is perfectly visible on videos. Wonder if that is what he learned in his studies. They have far too many of his kind and other negatives like drinking and violence in the temples. The organization have to stand up and clean up their mess. It´s time to have criminal check ups and unusually rich tests before being allowed to enter the hood.

Sheesh ... talk about Augean Stables ... 🤮

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

On June 13, they were set to file a formal police complaint against the ex-monk. However, before they could do so, a news agency aired explicit videos showing the victims in sexual acts with Phra Ajarn O, significantly intensifying their distress.

Surely they can be prosecuted for airing explicit material?

• Agree 1

And when the reporter asked the tv station to comment, what did they say? Oh wait. Thais are taught from first day at school never to ask awkward questions, Not great training for a journalist. And when one tried it with the previous PM the PM threatened to have his mouth taped shut.

• Thumbs Up 1

A post against forum rules has been removed.

Here is another reminder, rule 17 

17. The ASEAN NOW news team collects news articles from various recognised and reputable news sources. The articles  may be consolidated from different sources and rewritten with AI assistance These news items are shared in our forums for members to stay informed and engaged. Our dedicated news team puts in the effort to deliver quality content, and we ask for your respect in return. Any disrespectful comments about our news articles or the content itself, such as calling it "clickbait" or “slow news day”, criticizing grammatical errors, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken. Please note that republished articles may contain errors or opinions that do not reflect the views of ASEAN NOW.

If you'd like to help us, and you see an error with an article then please use the report function so that we can attend to it promptly.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

a police officer serving as his chauffeur, adding another dimension to the investigation

Which dimension? The "business as usual" dimension, the "why am I not surprised" dimension, or the "this was to be expected dimension"?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I was contacted by a mod and threatened with expulsion from the site following my frequent comments about the poor quality of the news content. Basically, I was told the site is free, AN can't afford anything better, so put up and shut up. So now you know the reason we get what we get.

did you also get a post 'vacation' ...  sad world if you cannot comment your opinion, why even have a comment section..ah yes, more ads to be shown and good for google statistics...

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I was contacted by a mod and threatened with expulsion from the site following my frequent comments about the poor quality of the news content. Basically, I was told the site is free, AN can't afford anything better, so put up and shut up. So now you know the reason we get what we get.

Quite so Bazza.

A mod admonished me for posting "rubber Jonny" yet I've subsequently seen posts with p*ss and *ank in the text.

No consistency.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thanks Barry. Like all these sites the revenue comes from advertising. The more members the greater the revenue. The problem is that they are now alienating members who will probably leave once a better site is found. We have only had these problems since the Thaiger took over

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, john donson said:

did you also get a post 'vacation' ...  sad world if you cannot comment your opinion, why even have a comment section..ah yes, more ads to be shown and good for google statistics...

He said it was a polite warning.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've never forgotten the six words a Korean tv producer said to me many years ago when we worked together for a weekend. The standards here are so low. Summed up Thailand perfectly, and I'll just leave it there so I'm not banned for exercising free speech.

Strange how things keep repeating, it's been 40 years since 1984.  However I am not sure that the Thaiger is Thai owned in one recent article about SinSod the author was based in Manilla according to his bio profile

• Like 1