Ex-Soapy King Chuwit Kamolvisit in Palliative Care Abroad

webfact

11 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

His demolition of the Soi 10 bar area without warning cost many hundreds of people, both Thai and foreign, their livelihoods. 

That's what can happen to those who ignore eviction notices from the owner of private land.

Saddening news, he was a breath of fresh air when he entered the political arena. Thailand needs more politicians like him (but fewer dodgy businessmen like him lol).

3 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Good palliative care in the UK because the Brit families are “too busy” to look after their parents so they just shove them in a hospital to die alone.

Edited by freedomnow

13 hours ago, connda said:

I've known quite a few people who have died of cancer in our village.  They are basically sent home with a bottle of acetaminophen/paracetamol and a hearty "good luck, sucks to be you."  Yes, the family cares for them but they don't have access to opiates unless they check into a hospital, and they pretty much can't be checked into a hospital unless they are on the verge of death.  So they suffer in agony at home.  It's egregious and unconscionable.
The attitude of Thai doctors and legislators:  "We give you opiates for your terminal cancer, you become addict.  Addicts are bad people, so we make sure you not bad person, so no opiates for you.   And you probably sell opiates we give you to Thai kids too because you addict and bad person.  Must protect Thai kids from bad addicts."
These heartless freaks actually think this way as well as discounting a person's terminal agony to "their karma."
And the last I heard from Sheryl Thailand ended prescribing fentanyl patches for home use - so now it's "Tylenol" and "good luck, sucks to be you." So there are no options for pain relief at home other than suffering or "checking out" on your own. 

My wife knows an old Thai women who is looking into ending her life in Switzerland at a euthanasia clinic.  $10K and goodbye.  And she know she has to do it while she can still board an airplane under her own power.  That sucks to have to contemplate euthanasia because there is literally no palliative care or hospices in your country where people profess to be "Compassionate Buddhist."  "Compassionate" is doing everything in your power to mitigate pain from a terminal illness. It's a needless horror and the epitome of uncompassionate thinking and behavior on the part of health authorities and "experts." And as for wealthy MPs and other in government?  If they come down with terminal cancer?  Off to the US or the UK for palliative and hospice care.  For the rest of Thailand?  "Sucks to be you commoner Thais dying of cancer - here's a bottle of paracetamol, good luck."

I agree 100%.

What you describe here is absolutely correct. 

Thai cancer patients die in agony, without efficient pain killers.

Thai friends have asked me more than once how to help a relative who is in pain. All they get is paracetamol. In the villages,  not even Ultracet or Tramadol. It's a shame. 

There is a little bit of progress,  some hospitals offer palliative inpatient care nowadays. Sheryl sometimes gives good updates. But that's not in the villages, and even in Bangkok very,  very little.

Edited by Lorry

4 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Good palliative care in the UK because the Brit families are “too busy” to look after their parents so they just shove them in a hospital to die alone.

I get the impression that you're just out to either up your post score or troll with all your controversial comments.  Seems a bit bitter and twisted either way.

BTW, UK palliative care is pretty crap if you do manage to get it.