Biden to Grant Legal Status to Undocumented Spouses of US Citizens

Social Media

1 hour ago, impulse said:

A little correction here.  The Bad Orange Man referred to the murderer of Laken Riley as an animal.

That's not accurate. Although it came in a speech where he did indeed reference Laken Riley, he referred to immigrants in general as animals.

He didn't say, "The murderer of Laken Riley is an animal," he said: 

'No, they're not humans, they're not humans, they're animals'

United States Trump calls migrants 'animals'

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

'No, they're not humans, they're not humans, they're animals'

He is one frisky mother****, but 

many many years ago my cousin won a chance to learn the maintenance of photo-prining combains somewhere at West Coast, USA for about half of the year. Big machines, very costly so they [his bosses] didn't "save money" on his first hand education & accomodation. 

All went just fine for few weeks until him and his friend met local gang. They gave them whatever they had including passports. He told me he never been that scared. Sh1tlessly!

Next days they filed reports to police about passports, got some temp. papers, canceled everything and flew back home on the first flight available.

He dropped very promising job, and no, I knew him, he wouldn't chicken out that easy. 

So "animals" he said?

Peaceful and lovely, political victims, members of opposition, LGBTQ+- prosecuted, eager to get any job, pay taxes and breath the fresh air of freedom and democracy! My a$$! 

Edited by NativeBob

1 hour ago, NativeBob said:

He is one frisky mother****, but 

many many years ago my cousin won a chance to learn the maintenance of photo-prining combains somewhere at West Coast, USA for about half of the year. Big machines, very costly so they [his bosses] didn't "save money" on his first hand education & accomodation. 

All went just fine for few weeks until him and his friend met local gang. They gave them whatever they had including passports. He told me he never been that scared. Sh1tlessly!

Next days they filed reports to police about passports, got some temp. papers, canceled everything and flew back home on the first flight available.

He dropped very promising job, and no, I knew him, he wouldn't chicken out that easy. 

So "animals" he said?

Peaceful and lovely, political victims, members of opposition, LGBTQ+- prosecuted, eager to get any job, pay taxes and breath the fresh air of freedom and democracy! My a$$! 

OK, I'm sorry your cousin was robbed and intimidated by a 'local gang' in the US. But while this was taking place, did they also vouchsafe to him their immigration status?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, riclag said:

Breaking: A Common sense argument !

my only concern is what sort of message does this send to those who went through the legal pathway. years of their lives spent trying to achieve something that is now just being given to some lucky few. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Purdey said:

Well, this is strange. People complaining about something America does that they would love to see happen in Thailand. 

Green card for a Thai wife in America? 

Why no permanent residence for the husband of a Thai in Thailand?

except most of the complaining here comes from people who are legally in thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

my only concern is what sort of message does this send to those who went through the legal pathway. years of their lives spent trying to achieve something that is now just being given to some lucky few. 

@impulse said

“First, Congress should be granting the amnesty (and tested by the Supreme Court).  Second, if he did have the power, why didn't he do it 3-1/2 years ago?  Why wait until he's getting excoriated in the polls”?

Me: Common sense argument 

Edited by riclag
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, riclag said:

@impulse said

“First, Congress should be granting the amnesty (and tested by the Supreme Court).  Second, if he did have the power, why didn't he do it 3-1/2 years ago?  Why wait until he's getting excoriated in the polls”?

Me: Common sense argument 

Watch for minimum wages, gun laws and reparations coming up...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Trump is going one better than Biden. He's offering green cards to every non-citizen who graduates from a college, including two year colleges. Any degree. Yep, Trump is not even waiting until elected to betray his own base. I took a look into the Trump sites and Trump influencers on Twitter/X. They're denying he said it, even though there is a video of the podcast, which I would post here, but I'm not sure it's allowed. Trump making Biden look like a piker when it comes to opening the immigration floodgates.  

Former President Donald Trump suggested in a podcast released Thursday that noncitizens in the U.S. should "automatically" get green cards when they graduate from college.

"What I want to do and what I will do is you graduate from a college, I think you should get automatically as part of your diploma, a green card to be able to stay in this country," Trump said. "And that includes junior colleges, too."    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-floats-green-cards-non-citizen-college-graduates-rcna158211

What Biden is doing is reading his party base wrong.  Latest polling shows that a majority of Americans favour mass deportation of illegal immigrants. Even a majority of Hispanics support it. I guess they don't like their kids going to schools crowded with illegals, don't like rape and murder and assault, and don't like imported gangbangers terrorizing their neighbourhoods. Who'd have thought? 

Even the good citizens of NYC have had enough;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13542819/Pictured-sexual-assault-suspect-new-york-city-park.html

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Here is a source for the video. It's really very funny. Trump has shafted his voters on the one issue he had a clear cut advantage over Biden with. What an absolute idiot.

8 hours ago, John Drake said:

Here is a source for the video. It's really very funny. Trump has shafted his voters on the one issue he had a clear cut advantage over Biden with. What an absolute idiot.

If you want open borders, bigger government, stagnant wages, more crime, more government subsidies, more expensive food, energy and housing, vote for Biden. It’s really an easy choice

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

If you want open borders, bigger government, stagnant wages, more crime, more government subsidies, more expensive food, energy and housing, vote for Biden. It’s really an easy choice

Are you saying, well, vote for Trump, because Biden is even worse? There is no disputing the fact that Trump is doing a 180 on his promised immigration crackdown. (He did this last election, too, btw, when he promised to cancel DACA on "day one" but instead on "day one" came out of a plane with his daughter and actually proposed expanding DACA.) The reason this time? It might just be this: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/republican-mega-donor-adelson-back-major-pro-trump-spending-group-2024-05-30/ . Miriam Adelson is the widow of Sheldon Adelson who always conditioned his funding of Republicans on their support of expanded immigration.  Basically, Trump is for sale. No matter the issue. Same as with Tik Tok, where he went against his own policy of banning Tik Tok just to get money from a billionaire invested heavily into Tik Tok.  Don't be a chump. Vote for RFKjr. Trump has no core beliefs. And Biden's beliefs are bad. Not to mention that Herman Munster displays more agility and alertness than Biden. Only RFKjr can save the country.

Edited by John Drake

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Are you saying, well, vote for Trump, because Biden is even worse? There is no disputing the fact that Trump is doing a 180 on his promised immigration crackdown. (He did this last election, too, btw, when he promised to cancel DACA on "day one" but instead on "day one" came out of a plane with his daughter and actually proposed expanding DACA.) The reason this time? It might just be this: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/republican-mega-donor-adelson-back-major-pro-trump-spending-group-2024-05-30/ . Miriam Adelson is the widow of Sheldon Adelson who always conditioned his funding of Republicans on their support of expanded immigration.  Basically, Trump is for sale. No matter the issue. Same as with Tik Tok, where he went against his own policy of banning Tik Tok just to get money from a billionaire invested heavily into Tik Tok.  Don't be a chump. Vote for RFKjr. Trump has no core beliefs. And Biden's beliefs are bad. Not to mention that Herman Munster displays more agility and alertness than Biden. Only RFKjr can save the country.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. You say Trump "proposed" extending DACA, meanwhile, Biden want to make them citizens. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/21/2024 at 1:30 PM, John Drake said:

Trump is going one better than Biden. He's offering green cards to every non-citizen who graduates from a college, including two year colleges. Any degree. Yep, Trump is not even waiting until elected to betray his own base. I took a look into the Trump sites and Trump influencers on Twitter/X. They're denying he said it, even though there is a video of the podcast, which I would post here, but I'm not sure it's allowed. Trump making Biden look like a piker when it comes to opening the immigration floodgates.  

What better way to vett someone !

once they do a two or four year program in the USA !

They will have papers and a history !

Then they can be further vetted .

methinks

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. You say Trump "proposed" extending DACA, meanwhile, Biden want to make them citizens. 

Good points

1 minute ago, riclag said:

What better way to vett someone !

once they do a two or four year program in the USA !

They will have papers and a history !

Then they can be further vetted .

methinks

Meanwhile, Biden wants to continue letting millions in. 

If you want open borders, bigger government, stagnant wages, more crime, more government subsidies, more expensive food, energy and housing, vote for Biden. It’s really an easy choice. 

1 minute ago, riclag said:

Good points

The left loves open boarders, it helps the rich (mostly them) and hurts the working poor and middle class who that hate. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The left loves open boarders, it helps the rich (mostly them) and hurts the working poor and middle class who that hate. 

No argument from me on that !

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Meanwhile, Biden wants to continue letting millions in. 

There are over one million foreign students enrolled at american colleges. Trump is proposing giving them a green card and the right to displace american workers from high paying jobs. BTW, the 9/11 hijackers were attending flight school. Great vetting, eh?

8 minutes ago, John Drake said:

There are over one million foreign students enrolled at american colleges. Trump is proposing giving them a green card and the right to displace american workers from high paying jobs. BTW, the 9/11 hijackers were attending flight school. Great vetting, eh?

Meanwhile, Biden let in ten million that are mostly on welfare of some sort. 

Did you have a link to Trump's proposal? I thought not. 

If you want open borders, bigger government, stagnant wages, more crime, more government subsidies, more expensive food, energy and housing, vote for Biden. It’s really an easy choice.