Question re TM 30 and overnight trip from Pattaya to BKK

Soon I may need to spend a night or two at a BKK hospital,

I live in Pattaya and that is where I am registered for TM 30. 

Will I need to do a new TM 30 after my trip to BKK from Pattaya or no need?

Thx any advice.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

Quite probably yes.

Probably yes but not definitely. I intend staying at a hotel near to the hospital as its out patient treatment,

So does anyone know for sure if a night or more away from Pattaya requires a new TM 30?

If you stay at a ligit hotel, the hotel DOES a TM-30.  Check with your LOCAL office for their policy.  From what I understand, from other peoples, your local office is pretty strict when it comes to TM-30's

20 hours ago, zombie nights said:

Probably yes but not definitely. I intend staying at a hotel near to the hospital as its out patient treatment,

So does anyone know for sure if a night or more away from Pattaya requires a new TM 30?

So your original post has nothing to do with staying in the hospital... "Soon I may need to spend a night or two at a BKK hospital"... spending a night or two in a hotel near a hospital is not the same thing... Bangkok Hospitals policy is to issue a TM30... the hotel who knows what they will do.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

So your original post has nothing to do with staying in the hospital... "Soon I may need to spend a night or two at a BKK hospital"... spending a night or two in a hotel near a hospital is not the same thing... Bangkok Hospitals policy is to issue a TM30... the hotel who knows what they will do.

You are quite right. I meant to say I need to be treated at a BKK hospital. The treatment is out patient (cataract) and I may need to return to the hospital  the next day hence stay at a hotel overnight.

7 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

The up to date regulations on this are absolutely clear. It is not necessary if you are returning to the previous TM 30 registered address. The absence can be a night or several months............

It's true that it can be a night away but where did you read several months? That's not in the Thai version and I don't think I've seen that in any of the English translations mentioned in this Visa forum.

Definition from the Thai version:
https://www.thai2english.com/?q=พักแรมที่อื่นเป็นครั้งคราว

[to] stay overnight ; spend the night
elsewhere ; somewhere else ; some other place
occasionally ; sometimes ; now and then

7 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

...as we all know some Immigration Offices, even officers within the same Office, make their own rules including insisting on a new TM30 for every absence from the same address of which they are aware or become aware, refusing any service until done. Showing the regulations to them will make no difference because highlighting that they are out of date = loss of face for them.

I get a kick out of it when forum members, who don't even understand the regulation (in Thai), suggest showing the regulation to a Thai IO and telling them they are not up to date. Not a loss of face for the Thai I'm sure.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1