Outrage as Manhattan DA Drops Charges Against Columbia University Anti-Israel Protesters

Social Media

Just now, placeholder said:

Their arrest by the police is not evidence of guilt. If the police had useful videos those would be evidence.

Guilt would be decided by a court, however you claimed 

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Just because this tape provides evidence that some people were trespassing, that doesn't mean that this tape provides evidence of exactly who they were. And, as far as I can tell, it doesn't. No matter how many times you show it. 

You are clearly wrong. Do you admit that? You also admit the tape provides evidence some people were trespassing.

41 were taken, arrested, charged, the DA later decided to drop charges on most. 13 still have charges over them. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Guilt would be decided by a court, however you claimed 

You are clearly wrong. Do you admit that? You also admit the tape provides evidence some people were trespassing.

41 were taken, arrested, charged, the DA later decided to drop charges on most. 13 still have charges over them. 

And where have I questioned that the DA's office feels it has sufficient evidence to prosecute the 13? It's the fact that so many of those arrested have had charges dismissed that has generated the outrage. Did you read the headline? 

Outrage as Manhattan DA Drops Charges Against Columbia University Anti-Israel Protesters

And where have I questioned that the DA's office feels it has sufficient evidence to prosecute the 13? It's the fact that so many of those arrested have had charges dismissed that has generated the outrage. Did you read the headline? 

More deflection and dishonest debating.

You also forgot that bit that 13 are still charged, 13 who were in Hamilton Hall, the video I supplied for you to view and who you claimed they  "doesn't mean that this tape provides evidence of exactly who they were"

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

More deflection and dishonest debating.

You also forgot that bit that 13 are still charged, 13 who were in Hamilton Hall, the video I supplied for you to view and who you claimed they  "doesn't mean that this tape provides evidence of exactly who they were"

Was that video used to identify who was in Hamilton Hall? I didn't see any identifiable faces from it. Was there no evidence from other videos or other sources used to identify the 13?

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Was that video used to identify who was in Hamilton Hall? I didn't see any identifiable faces from it. Was there no evidence from other videos or other sources used to identify the 13?

Bye F1 is starting in 10 mins, watching it with my daughter, oh just because you didn't see any identifiable faces it does not mean the police didn't when they were brought to the police station. Any more questions research yourself, I made myself clear in the my previous post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Bye F1 is starting in 10 mins, watching it with my daughter, oh just because you didn't see any identifiable faces it does not mean the police didn't when they were brought to the police station. Any more questions research yourself, I made myself clear in the my previous post.

"However, the DA's office dismissed cases against 31 of these individuals, citing insufficient evidence, such as security footage, to tie them directly to the building's takeover."

What is so hard to understand about that?

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

"However, the DA's office dismissed cases against 31 of these individuals, citing insufficient evidence, such as security footage, to tie them directly to the building's takeover."

What is so hard to understand about that?

We can all take more quotes. What do you fail to understand about that?

None of the arrested students had any previous criminal history, and all were facing disciplinary proceedings, including suspensions and expulsions, by Columbia.
All 46 protesters, who were arrested on the night of April 30, were initially charged with trespass in the third degree, a misdemeanour.
Manhattan district attorney's office told a court on Thursday that they would drop the charges against 31 protesters citing "prosecutorial discretion and lack of evidence".
Prosecutors also told 14 others that their cases would be dropped if they avoided being arrested in the next six months. The defendants rejected the offer and are all due back in court on 25 July.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cp66d9lg60ro

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

I suppose it's because you like sweeping generalisations that have no basis in facts.

"generalisations"? You mean like Trump supporters are stupid? 

In any event, I'm sorry, I should have said: It is interesting that most of the left in the US seems to absolutely hate Christians and Jews, but most of them love them some Muslims, why do you suppose that is? 

Is that better?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO from watching the VDO of brutal police tactics against non violent protestors, it is the cops that should be charged with crimes.

Seems they learned nothing since Vietnam protests, eg Kent State.

IMO the DA did the right thing.

You would, it's in your genes............:coffee1:

On 6/23/2024 at 10:09 PM, Bkk Brian said:

We can all take more quotes. What do you fail to understand about that?

None of the arrested students had any previous criminal history, and all were facing disciplinary proceedings, including suspensions and expulsions, by Columbia.
All 46 protesters, who were arrested on the night of April 30, were initially charged with trespass in the third degree, a misdemeanour.
Manhattan district attorney's office told a court on Thursday that they would drop the charges against 31 protesters citing "prosecutorial discretion and lack of evidence".
Prosecutors also told 14 others that their cases would be dropped if they avoided being arrested in the next six months. The defendants rejected the offer and are all due back in court on 25 July.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cp66d9lg60ro

"Manhattan district attorney's office told a court on Thursday that they would drop the charges against 31 protesters citing "prosecutorial discretion and lack of evidence".

Apparently the Manhattan DA.s office, unlike you,  understands that the fact that someone gets arrested does not, in itself, count as evidence.

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

"Manhattan district attorney's office told a court on Thursday that they would drop the charges against 31 protesters citing "prosecutorial discretion and lack of evidence".

Apparently the Manhattan DA.s office, unlike you,  understands that the fact that someone gets arrested does not, in itself, count as evidence.

Yawn, why are you ignoring. "Prosecutors also told 14 others that their cases would be dropped if they avoided being arrested in the next six months. The defendants rejected the offer and are all due back in court on 25 July."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yawn, why are you ignoring. "Prosecutors also told 14 others that their cases would be dropped if they avoided being arrested in the next six months. ThIe defendants rejected the offer and are all due back in court on 25 July."

I never claimed that there was no valid evidence against all those people. You're the one who claimed that the police arrest is evidence that all of those arrested committed crimes. And you claimed to be ablle to show videos that proved that these people had committed crimes despite the fact that the DA's office said that the video evidence was poor. And the videos you linked to clearly supported the DA's office characterization.

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I never claimed that there was no valid evidence against all those people. You're the one who claimed that the police arrest is evidence that all of those arrested committed crimes. And you claimed to be ablle to show videos that proved that these people had committed crimes despite the fact that the DA's office said that the video evidence was poor. And the videos you linked to clearly supported the DA's office characterization.

You are all over the place, I will leave you with this and the answer as last time is yes. Now enough of the baiting on repetitive questions that have already been addressed.

image.png.e6edc26cc191f5fa375da3287c859602.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You are all over the place, I will leave you with this and the answer as last time is yes. Now enough of the baiting on repetitive questions that have already been addressed.

image.png.e6edc26cc191f5fa375da3287c859602.png

I specifically noted "identifiable students"? I didn't see any that were identifiable from the that video. And you repeatedly claimed that being arrested by the police constituted evidence that these people committed crimes.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I specifically noted "identifiable students"? I didn't see any that were identifiable from the that video. And you repeatedly claimed that being arrested by the police constituted evidence that these people committed crimes.

I think you will find that even though you can't identify them the police could and did as they are still charged and appear in court on the 25th July.....:saai:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The video was of the arrests at Hamilton Hall where they had broken into and were all trespassing, so what do you think?

Take it up with the DA's office.

And what happened to your promise to stop replying? I guess it went the way of your promise to keep on producing videos every time I posted a reply to you. 

• Confused 1

Take it up with the DA's office.

And what happened to your promise to stop replying? I guess it went the way of your promise to keep on producing videos every time I posted a reply to you. 

I have nothing to take up with the DA, they are at court on the 25th, that's all I need to know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

Interesting opinion but without evidence to support your theories they are just that.

Woke liberal thinking means your cognitive bias demands absolute proof that anything against your believed narrative is wrong.

And yet you quote dubious sources like NPR as 'proof' of your own beliefs - which I easily debunked in your last post with 2 mins research.

Musk has done all that I stated - facts - research is the open mind's best method to find the truth - try it beyond NPR and CNN etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1