Thailand’s carbon tax: Battling climate change, but at what cost?

webfact

2 hours ago, Peabody said:

Carbon is a solid. When scientists talk about "carbon" in the atmosphere, they are referring to CH4, CO and CO2.

Go back to school, then try to rejoin a science-based topic.

You're really condescending and jeery, in what is supposed to be a civil discussion, but you're wrong nonetheless. It's still impossible to create carbon that doesn't exist by increasing its mass. A scientist should be more specific by stating the details. Atmospheric carbon dioxide is correct. Carbon is incorrect. 

• Confused 1

On 6/22/2024 at 9:36 AM, redwood1 said:

Carbon tax

The biggest scam since..

Global cooling.....err I mean

Global warming....err I mean

Climate Change

You are clearly not well educated in the sciences. 

However, the proposed carbon tax may well be a scam.

Edited by Danderman123

On 6/23/2024 at 11:16 AM, digger70 said:

I am not confused ,one can't get more carbon out of 1 Litre then what's in there that's impossible .

To me it sounds like the ultimate scam. trying to tell us  (Make us Believe ) that it is possible .

What they've written is wrong as you can't get more weight of carbon out than there is weight in the first place. If you correct 'carbon' to 'carbon dioxide' then it is correct as the weight comes from the carbon plus the oxygen it combines with which isn't part of the original fuel weight. 

The figures that are quoted are correct they've just misquoted carbon dioxide for carbon. I wouldn't let their misquote distract from the valid figures.