I've been denied entry to Thailand - Now What ! ?

On 7/3/2024 at 3:51 PM, Tod Daniels said:

Never been one single confirmed case of someone getting denied entry flying direct into Chiang Mai, and I looked and looked but couldn't find even a single one. IF people need a "user friendly airport" that is the one (other than those b/s tiny ones in the south that are okay too)

It complicates things and you've to spend more money. Also, not all cities have direct flights to CM.

BTW, I hoped until the last moment that the new 60 days exemption will become effective, but on July 2 I got 30 days... (can't find a truly crying emoji)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/3/2024 at 4:58 PM, MMCHKG said:

So I believe for example either Krabi or Hat Yai would also be ok?

We have fewer reports from the smaller airports, so a smaller sample-size, which makes it hard to know for sure.  I recall bad reports on Phuket, so skip that one - likely have an "agent assisted entry" program (like the Bangkok airports and Aranya have) - primarily serving the prolific Russian visitor market to that area. 

Once that incentive is in-place, it is bad news for Thai owners and employees in the local tourist-sector, and their frequent-visitor foreign clientele.

On 7/3/2024 at 3:51 PM, Tod Daniels said:

Never been one single confirmed case of someone getting denied entry flying direct into Chiang Mai, and I looked and looked but couldn't find even a single one. IF people need a "user friendly airport" that is the one (other than those b/s tiny ones in the south that are okay too)

However, during a recent arrival they did take a farang to the side, sat him down at a table on the left side, and asked him some questions about either his Non-ED visa history or a fresh one he had just acquired in Laos. Don't know whether they ended up admitting him or not. 

On 7/3/2024 at 10:55 AM, farangbuffalo said:

Anyone ever been pulled aside and gently suggested to the IO maybe they could pay a 'fine' to be let in? 😅

Approximately a year ago, a friend arrived at Phuket, with a long history of various types of extensions trying to reenter on an agent assisted Non-ED with reentry permit. He was taken aside, grilled and when they couldn't reach his agent to discuss matters, the consensus was reached to deny him entry. They presented him the famous Denied Entry form, but he politely kept asking for help or a solution.

At some point an entrepreneurial officer offered to stamp him in in exchange for a contribution discreetly slipped into the passport. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1