Thaivisa Programming

Dustoff

I know that this is probably ridiculous since I have asked about it before and was ignored but..

Is it possible to make avatars and signature lines 'sticky'? As in when we change either, they carry forward from that time and not alter every post we have ever made? Or are these forums simply locked into a particular format and not adjustable?

No complaint as I think that, for the most part, the programming functions quite well.

Hi, thanks for your suggestion.

The avatars are there to represent a person in an image form, it makes it easier for someone to identify a poster at a glance. If it were changed for just posts from the time following, then it would get confusing for people looking at previous posts.

Aside from that, technically I wouldn't think it's feasible, or at least not easy to do... certainly not something that would be messed about with to keep one poster happy :o ... priorities and all that.. :D

Totster :D

Hi, thanks for your suggestion.

The avatars are there to represent a person in an image form, it makes it easier for someone to identify a poster at a glance. If it were changed for just posts from the time following, then it would get confusing for people looking at previous posts.

Aside from that, technically I wouldn't think it's feasible, or at least not easy to do... certainly not something that would be messed about with to keep one poster happy :o ... priorities and all that.. :D

Totster :D

I've wondered about that as well. As some people seem to change their avatars slightly more often than their underwear, as well as their signature lines, sometimes it would be nice to be able to go "back in time" to see what they had before.

Same for the post count. It would be nice if each post number was "locked in" so that the number didn't change. For example, I've made posts about things like Cost of Living in Pattaya, or Things to do in Pattaya (without going to bars/clubs). Now if I want to find those posts again, I've got a lengthy search to do (with only a vague idea of the date I made the post).

If I knew the post number was 2,342 it might be easier to search out (or at least keep track of various posts).

It would also be nice when making a "significant" post (i.e. post #1,000, 5,000, 10,000 etc) for posterity's sake.

To do that though, would probably require significant changes in the core Invision software.