Career Networking While in Thailand

I would like to do some networking in Thailand to possibly get hired by an off-shore company to work remotely.  I do not really want to be paid in Thai baht nor do I want to work with the Thai government for a permit, etc.

I am interested in IT, particularly Cyber Security and Software Development.  I remember when I lived in Thailand around 2013 there were a ton of Tech Meetups with companies like Amazon hosting them.  Does Bangkok still have that?

Are there still a lot of Digital Nomads in Thailand?  I love the country so much.

I have a portfolio at https://chrisfoose.github.io/devportfolio/ and a blog at https://chrisfoose.party.

• Haha 1

Seems like the replies above are the level of help and encouragment you can expect from this community.

Have you looked at the various chambers of commerce? They hold a lot of interesting events which could provide the opportunity to open doors with some people. Although if you want to work offshore perhaps you should be targeting to network in the jurisdictions that host the potential employers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

You don't have enough experience and certificates to be interesting.

Your CV doesn't look professional. 

Seems you have no clue what you are talking about, he could easily make 4-5K USD a month just doing small gigs with Python, PHP and SQL, his main skills. I do the exact same thing and not even work fulltime.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Best chance would simply be by going out a lot in Bangkok at the expat bars or other places where you get to talk. Then you usually will meet people who know already 1-2 people, and then from there you easily get to know people. There is usually always work awaiting to be done, due to the shortage in being able to find programmers.

33 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

he could easily make 4-5K USD a month just doing small gigs with Python, PHP and SQL, his main skills. I do the exact same thing and not even work fulltime.

Sure with 4-month work experience as an intern, good luck with that.

On 6/24/2024 at 7:43 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

Seems you have no clue what you are talking about, he could easily make 4-5K USD a month just doing small gigs with Python, PHP and SQL, his main skills. I do the exact same thing and not even work fulltime.

Hey, thanks!

On 6/24/2024 at 2:56 PM, MRtommyR said:

Seems like the replies above are the level of help and encouragment you can expect from this community.

Have you looked at the various chambers of commerce? They hold a lot of interesting events which could provide the opportunity to open doors with some people. Although if you want to work offshore perhaps you should be targeting to network in the jurisdictions that host the potential employers.

Yes, Hawaii Chamber of Commerce but so far there have been major roadblocks due to bureaucracy. 

24 minutes ago, kingofallasians said:

Does this IT experience include software development, system admin, or cybersecurity?

Operations analyst, Software engineer, Security and compliance, Project and Program management, Product management, Vendor management.