Older Diesel Cars to Undergo Stricter Inspections to Curb Pollution

webfact

Would it be possible to get trucks like the 'smoker' in the OP's pic off the roads, or will tighter inspections simply include a note that the vehicle is smoking and let the driver do what he wants to about it? Or will a small bribe simply take away the problem. In the UK the MOT scares drivers half to death, whereas here in Thailand the MOT is nothing to fear. 

15 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

And make the poor people walk, nice. 

You are kidding me aren't you ?

There is no justification for those busses. I have travelled in the depths of Africa, and not a single bus there emits black smoke like the ones they have here. 

They've turned alot of the busses into electric, and some are clearly much cleaner, but the big dangerous red ones are brutal if you get stuck behind one. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

You are kidding me aren't you ?

There is no justification for those busses. I have travelled in the depths of Africa, and not a single bus there emits black smoke like the ones they have here. 

They've turned alot of the busses into electric, and some are clearly much cleaner, but the big dangerous red ones are brutal if you get stuck behind one. 

No, I'm not kidding.

I've been plenty of other places with smoking busses, and I get stuck behind them now and then.