Non-O Retirement Extension Trip Report @ Chaengwattana

23 hours ago, mokwit said:

CW will accept bank letter up to 7 days prior - useful for SCB account holders, who also can't update their passbook at CW - ATM only under the stairs - you would have thought they would provide one of the multiple use machines after having a large branch there.

For reentry permit they now do show your number at the time of the appointment, which now means you can't walk up and get seen earlier if they are free.

This @n@l tying you down to your address with documents that need to be supplied by a third party is irksome, especially in light of all the people on TR and Russians on 90 day stamps staying at unregistered apartments.

I've always heard the "bank letter" has to be dated from the same day , is this something new?

10 minutes ago, khlongtoey said:

I've always heard the "bank letter" has to be dated from the same day , is this something new?

Not unless they have brought in a new rule that it has to be same day. Historically CW has always been up to 7 days and I did mine earlier this year with I think 5 or 6 days prior. Whether or not that is an exception for SCB account holders as there is no branch at CW now I don't know, but I doubt as it didn't matter which bank.

Many provincial offices demand same day, however.

On 6/25/2024 at 9:31 AM, Lorry said:

As DrJack said, if you have an appointment queue numbers aren't called. 

Actually, you don't need a queue number.  You go in at L thirtysomething, the one that says "appointments", in between others. Better too early than too late. 

Yes, never been asked for this

Never been asked this one either

Which means it's not on their check lists - the  IO just made it up. They have the power to request whatever documents they want. 

Copy of condo owner's ID card (it's on your pdf list) is good enough. 

As to your pdf list:

- many people just put 800,000 in a fixed term deposit and leave it there many years. 

Then you don't need a bank statement, and no withdrawal.

Just original and copy of bank book, and letter from the bank. 

- no need to copy many passport pages.  Picture page,  visa, last entry, last extension, that's it.

- TM30: in CW, TM 30 needs only to be updated if you left the country and came back with a new visa (and even then they are very lenient). If you came back with a reentry permit,  no need for a new TM30

- pink card or house registration and copies are not required. It's good to have them in your bag,  just in case,  but some IOs appreciate if you show them what they need instead of swamping them with unnecessary paperwork. 

Re:" If you came back with a reentry permit,  no need for a new TM30". Is this accurate? This is my situation, can others confirm? Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Des1 said:

Re:" If you came back with a reentry permit,  no need for a new TM30". Is this accurate? This is my situation, can others confirm? Thanks!

Correct....however some immigration offices don't follow rules.

Which immigration office? 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct....however some immigration offices don't follow rules.

Which immigration office? 

CW. I'm out of the country for a few months and I have a re-entry permit

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2024 at 11:16 AM, mokwit said:

CW will accept bank letter up to 7 days prior - useful for SCB account holders, who also can't update their passbook at CW - ATM only under the stairs - you would have thought they would provide one of the multiple use machines after having a large branch there.

Yep, that was one other correction I was going to add to the OP's check list above...

As you said, BKK CW allows the bank deposit verification letter to be up to 7 days prior to your Immigration visit... The deposit verification letter does NOT have to be dated/issued the day of your visit.

However, that notwithstanding, you still have to update your bank passbook on the day of your Immigration visit prior to meeting with the IO, and I believe, have the photocopies of your bank book activity for the prior year include that latest update you do on the day of your visit.

It's OK if the bank letter and the bank passbook balances don't match (so long as they're both 800K or above). But I like to avoid that mismatch by doing a 100 baht deposit AFTER I get my bank letter prior, and then doing a 100 baht withdrawal at the ATM in BKK CW on the morning of my visit, to bring the account balance back to the same amount as the deposit letter.

PS - Also re the OP's documents checklist above,....

At least in my case, BKK CW has always been fine with just the bank deposit verification letter AND my own photocopies of my bank passbook face page and transaction activity for the past year.

They almost never have asked me to ALSO provide a formal, stamped 12-month bank transaction statement issued by the bank.

The one exception  to that was a couple years ago when my bank issued me a new passbook, and because of the way they handled it, there was a time gap between the last transaction date in the old book and the first transaction in the new book. In that case, the officer asked for a formal bank statement.

I think they'll do that if when checking your bank passbook, there are any gaps or other issues, such as with printing snafus, that don't allow them to see regular, recurring balance updates.

On 6/30/2024 at 11:34 AM, Des1 said:

I've been doing annual retirement extensions based on the same original visa at BKK CW for years with a corresponding annual re-entry permit. I've only ever done one TM30 in 2019, and have had numerous international trips since that time, and have never yet been asked for a new/updated TM30.

But again, that's only pertaining to BKK CW... Other offices, YMMV,

• Thanks 1