Car "first class insurance"

BigFa

Hello

I am going to rent a car from a local shop in phuket. I am trying to figure what the insurance provided will cover and they replied "1st class insurance"

I dont understand what that means, is this an insurance company name or an insurance level? 

Thanks

This ^^^.

But do ask to see the insurance certificate (and carry a copy, you will need it if you have a shunt) and verify that it covers the vehicle for the purpose of hire (I'll put money on the result of that).

9 hours ago, BigFa said:

Hello

I am going to rent a car from a local shop in phuket. I am trying to figure what the insurance provided will cover and they replied "1st class insurance"

I dont understand what that means, is this an insurance company name or an insurance level? 

Thanks

As per the excellent responses from digbeth and steve187 (particularly with the linked thread). 

IF the 'rental company' replied with 1st Class Insurance, then the car is not covered for rental.

1st Class Insurance is fully comprehensive insurance for private vehicles.

Thus: Protect yourself and go with a known company or a company who can offer the correct 'Type 120 rental insurance' (as per the linked thread above).

• Like 1