Auto Gates at BKK for PR Holders

Now that its clear that those with Re-Entry permits can use the automated gates for exit & entry, I'd like to know about PR holders & any recent experiences?

Historically the blue/white PR book had to be stamped at the same time as the passport on exit/entry.

How about now? Any PR holders have any experience or discussions with immigration officials on this one?

Cheers

• Confused 1

On 6/29/2024 at 3:50 PM, Aumpher CNX said:

Now that its clear that those with Re-Entry permits can use the automated gates for exit & entry, I'd like to know about PR holders & any recent experiences?

Historically the blue/white PR book had to be stamped at the same time as the passport on exit/entry.

How about now? Any PR holders have any experience or discussions with immigration officials on this one?

Cheers

I second that question. Haven't been out the country for a year but the machines used to take just the passport with a little sticker. 

Just guessing that as the passport needed no stamp the white book didn't need one.

On 6/29/2024 at 4:50 PM, Aumpher CNX said:

Cheers

A bit off topic, but how do the gates know you have a re-entry permit?

On 6/29/2024 at 10:50 AM, Aumpher CNX said:

Are you quite sure that it is "clear" that foreigners with a re-entry permit can use the automated gates also for entry?

On 6/29/2024 at 3:50 PM, Aumpher CNX said:

Cheers

Where was this made clear? I have found reports that the exit can be used by E passport holders but nothing about entry. Can you share a link. Thank you

Edited by pj123

On 6/29/2024 at 5:50 PM, Aumpher CNX said:

Cheers

You can read my comments on Cameratas Guide........

After 100 times approx using auto gates prior to December 2021 current situation is frustrating.

8 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

You can read my comments on Cameratas Guide........

After 100 times approx using auto gates prior to December 2021 current situation is frustrating.

Your post makes no sense.

Your reference to Cameratas Guide is meaningless.

Your comment "After 100 times approx using auto gates prior to December 2021" does not answer the question about the source of your statement that it is now clear that the automatic gates can also used by foreigners for entry into Thailand.