Pattaya (Jomtien) Speed Test

dddave

I'm paying TOT for  300 mbps service.  Today I did 3 separate speed test.  Download 96mbps, upload 110mbps.  Unusual upload faster than download.  Anybody else having a problem running YouTube smoothly?  I'm aware of the supposed cable sabotage issues.  Connection was via Singapore. 

Just now, dddave said:

I'm paying TOT for  300 mbps service.  Today I did 3 separate speed test.  Download 96mbps, upload 110mbps.  Unusual upload faster than download.  Anybody else having a problem running YouTube smoothly?  I'm aware of the supposed cable sabotage issues.  Connection was via Singapore. 

What are you paying for that? 3BB 1GB is around B700, i pay 630, but had it for a while and they never have increased original cost

Speed has dropped recently, only getting around 300 mbps

Have you ever got 300mbps? it depends on device used and whether WiFi or ethernet.

I have 3BB 500mbps but i only get up to 250mbps, not an issue even 20mbps works fine

Edited by scubascuba3

32 minutes ago, dddave said:

96 Mbps should run YouTube smoothly 😊 

9 hours ago, Seppius said:

What are you paying for that? 3BB 1GB is around B700, i pay 630, but had it for a while and they never have increased original cost

Speed has dropped recently, only getting around 300 mbps

With TOT in Pattaya you have to pay the year up-front, no month to month billing. IRRC, 300mbps was under B4000/12 months so somewhere a bit above B300/m

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Using a VPN?

Or testing to a Singapore server?

Which speed test?

Not using a VPN.  Just searched speed test, picked 3 and ran them.  All came out very close to the same and each specified Singapore server.

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Have you ever got 300mbps? it depends on device used and whether WiFi or ethernet.

I have 3BB 500mbps but i only get up to 250mbps, not an issue even 20mbps works fine

Prior to the reported Red Sea Cable sabotage I was usually getting above 300mbps, sometimes close to 400.