Non O Extension, Under Consideration Date/Appointment Question

Hi all,

I entered Thailand on a three month non O in early April. Just back from CW (with my wife) to apply for my 12-month extension, all was smooth (thanks to some good advice on this forum) and I am stamped under consideration and due to go back on the 23rd July. My question, does my wife need to go with me on that date too or can I go alone?

The reason for asking is I am supposed to be in Samui then for a family trip. Booked ages ago, driving there with wife, kids, two dogs, and a villa is booked and paid for and can't be moved. I don't want to cut short the holiday, but if I can go to CW alone I can leave wife and kids and just fly back for a day, do CW, fly straight back.

(And before anyone criticises me for booking a holiday before I'd sorted my visa, I originally planned to do this 2-3 weeks ago but I had to make an unexpected and sudden trip back to the UK, hence only applying for my extension two days before my visa expires)

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You don't need wife with you when pick up pp.

Great, thank you.

What about the home visit during under consideration period.

Your office doesn't do that? 

I don't know, they didn't mention any home visit - just told me to go back on the 23rd. I guess time will tell.

7 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I don't know, they didn't mention any home visit - just told me to go back on the 23rd. I guess time will tell

Think you should check it out prior..

Edit: I noticed you deal with CW.

Hopefully a married guy can post recent experience regarding home visit

@josephbloggs 
Its fine if just you show up on that date your wife/children don't need to go at all. 

Show the people at the queue counter your blue/green receipt and have the passport open to the under consideration stamp page 

They will give you a queue for section L-2

It's at the END of section L-1, so walk to the end of the L-1 section and turn right, L-2 is just a small section that only deals with under consideration stamps for marriage/raising children etc extensions.

They seem to crank thru queues pretty fast.

After that if you want to you can get a re-entry permit (so you can exit/re-enter thailand and not lose your stamp)

1 hour ago, Tod Daniels said:

@josephbloggs 
Its fine if just you show up on that date your wife/children don't need to go at all. 

Show the people at the queue counter your blue/green receipt and have the passport open to the under consideration stamp page 

They will give you a queue for section L-2

It's at the END of section L-1, so walk to the end of the L-1 section and turn right, L-2 is just a small section that only deals with under consideration stamps for marriage/raising children etc extensions.

They seem to crank thru queues pretty fast.

After that if you want to you can get a re-entry permit (so you can exit/re-enter thailand and not lose your stamp)

Great info, thanks Tod!

@josephbloggs You don’t necessarily have to attend on the day stamped. I always apply for my extension before Songkran, and pick up after - one year, I just plain forgot and just walked in a week later (this was Hat Yai immigration) thinking I may have issues, there wasn’t a problem. 

You ask about collecting the stamp. I don’t even collect my own. It’s a very quick service in our local office, I drop my wife at the door, she runs in while I’m looking for a parking spot and is usually a couple of minutes before she reappears.

As soon as your paperwork is accepted and the approval stamp given then you have basically been given the extension. Don’t think so much.

Edited by recom273

26 minutes ago, recom273 said:

As soon as your paperwork is accepted and the approval stamp given then you have basically been given the extension. Don’t think so much.

I don't quite see it that way.

Granted you will receive the final stamp once under consideration However the question of being away from home (eg holiday) for the under consideration period comes up in previous threads.

Some immigration offices do a home visit and the OP could check if that's the case for his imm office