CBS poll, 72% percent of voters expressed doubts about President Joe Biden's mental fitness

Social Media

image.png.c4619adc349c30344a602d5f268e5502.png

In a recent CBS News poll, over 70 percent of voters expressed doubts about President Joe Biden's mental fitness to serve a second term. This figure marks a significant increase from previous surveys, notably following Biden's lackluster performance in a recent debate with former President Donald Trump.

The poll, released on Sunday, revealed that 72 percent of respondents questioned Biden's health and capability to serve as president, while only 27 percent felt confident in his fitness for office. This is a notable rise from last month's poll, where 65 percent expressed concerns about Biden's health, compared to 35 percent who believed he was fit for the presidency.

image.png.152b85249754f7a585dd9543e34cc6e5.png

Biden's debate performance raised concerns among some Democrats and his supporters. During the debate, the president struggled to articulate his thoughts clearly and appeared fatigued. This has led to a growing number of Democratic voters, including some unnamed lawmakers, urging Biden to step aside in favor of another candidate for the party's nomination.

image.png.e92349eceabe20ded0a1604e5fc5747e.png

The poll also showed a decline in support for Biden running for a second term. Only 28 percent of voters believe he should seek reelection, down from 37 percent in February. Among Democrats, support for Biden's reelection bid has dropped from 64 percent in February to 54 percent. A significant 86 percent of those who believe Biden should not run again cited his age as the primary concern.

image.png.2f644ca5c1c2c21908bc24185201afc6.png

Overall, 45 percent of Democrats think Biden should step aside and not accept the party's nomination, while 55 percent believe he should continue his reelection campaign. Reflecting on the debate, only 21 percent of respondents felt Biden presented his ideas clearly, and 18 percent believed he inspired confidence. In contrast, Trump scored much higher in these areas, with 47 percent saying he presented his ideas clearly and 44 percent saying he inspired confidence.

Despite Biden's poor showing in terms of clarity and confidence, more respondents believed he was telling the truth during the debate (40 percent) compared to Trump (32 percent). The CBS News/YouGov poll surveyed approximately 1,100 registered voters from June 28 to 29, with a margin of error of about 4.2 percent.

Credit: The Hill 2024-07-02

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Hanaguma said:

The media bias has never been so obvious as in the last month. Remember the Trump conviction? The talking heads at CNN etc could barely control their giggles and glee. Speculating about prison time, almost high fiving each other. Then look at the post-debate panels. Almost funereal.  Downcast, almost in tears, maundering speculation. And we are supposed to trust these people?

Msnbc must be the worst channel in the world. Joe Scarborough the worst ever host and that woman beside him almost as bad.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

This is something that needs to be repeated.  The media and the Democrats KNEW that Biden was ailing, and has been since the 2020 election. Yet they continued to gaslight the public, tell lies about his condition, and endangered the country. How many talking heads did you hear saying things like, "wow, I can't believe Biden's energy, I can barely keep up!" and "if you saw him behind the scenes at the White House, he was spending hours discussing policy and was razor sharp".

They were ALL lying.  It is a huge story and people need to be fired.

I concur that in 2024 he's an inappropriate candidate but this narrative that he's had dementia since 2019 and it was hidden I find disingenuous. Sometimes it's hard to see grey when black and white feel better but he was much much better in 2019 and it has seemingly been a slow and steady decline.

He has said some silly, inappropriate things and lost his way from time to time for many years but I think that was normal old age and I still don't think he has dementia but is an old guy who can't think fast and remember things fast like a younger person.

Imagine you had a week to participate in a debate and have your head around so many issues facts and figures  - it would be hard - but he is the President so no excuses. 

I have seen dementia - if he had it since 2019 he wouldn't be able to had done well what he did in 2019 nor would he be able to function as he can now despite that terrible debate appearance.

• Agree 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

This was no case of simply Joe having a bad night, or a bad debate. Obama had a bad debate in 2012 against Romney. But it was obviously lack of preparation and being a bit rusty. That is NOT the case here.  Age and mental infirmity is a one way street. It doesn't get better and cannot be cured. 

100%.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

concur that in 2024 he's an inappropriate candidate but this narrative that he's had dementia since 2019 and it was hidden I find disingenuous.

I knew, Tucker Carlson knew. Go look at some videos from pre 2020 election. Some of his speeches were bizarre then.

• Like 1