Can a Friend use my Card in an ATM

Technically she can but violating rules strictly looked at.

Using your card would require to give her your PIN and card (violating terms and conditions).

Another option: if she is Thai (ID card), simply give her the cash and your account number.

She can pay to your account at the ATM but has to identify with her Thai ID card.

Don't ask me how it works exactly.

Going to the counter is bulletproof (again she will be identified with her ID card).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, roger101 said:

If I give my friend my card and some cash can she pay the money into the bank through the ATM?

Yes, but you have to give her the PIN of your ATM, too.

So she would be able to empty your account. 

But you don't have to give her your card.  Give her only the cash,  she can use her own card to deposit the money at any bank account, not only hers.

She can also do it with her ID card. 

32 minutes ago, roger101 said:

take the money and card into the bank proper.

No, the bank will not allow her to use someone else' s card.

She can go there with her ID card

Edited by Lorry

Thanks for that, The last thing I was worried about was draining my account. I only use this bank to pay a standing order which is why I top it up each month with a small amount so there's always enough in there.

I'll ask her to take the cash and my bank book into the bank.

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Technically she can but violating rules strictly looked at.

Using your card would require to give her your PIN and card (violating terms and conditions).

Another option: if she is Thai (ID card), simply give her the cash and your account number.

She can pay to your account at the ATM but has to identify with her Thai ID card.

Don't ask me how it works exactly.

Going to the counter is bulletproof (again she will be identified with her ID card).

Can you actually pay cash into a 3rd party account (at the counter) in Thailand now ??

We havent been able to in the UK for some years (even if it was your wife)

Pay it into your account and then transfer online but cant pay it in directly

12 hours ago, roger101 said:

I am having mobility problems. If I give my friend my card and some cash can she pay the money into the bank through the ATM?

, or failing that take the money and card into the bank proper. Over the years I have never had a mobility problem before.

As others have said.

Giving her your card doesn't help.

Just give her the cash and your bank account number/full name as on your account, and she goes to the normal bank teller..fills in the deposit slip (probably need to show her ID card) and the transaction is finished in a few minutes.

Edited by couchpotato

1 hour ago, couchpotato said:

As others have said.

Giving her your card doesn't help.

Just give her the cash and your bank account number/full name as on your account, and she goes to the normal bank teller..fills in the deposit slip (probably need to show her ID card) and the transaction is finished in a few minutes.

She can do it at every cash deposit machine,  using OP's card and PIN or her own card and PIN

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Can you actually pay cash into a 3rd party account (at the counter) in Thailand now ??

We havent been able to in the UK for some years (even if it was your wife

Yes, you can. 

It's the land of the free, here.