drink and driving

1 hour ago, MangoKorat said:

Preventing a very likely death is actually the correct word.

You just go from bad to worse.  Not only do you think that drink driving is OK and safe, you think someone reporting it is a snitch. 

Mods, has he given you enough reason to ban him? He is not only admitting to constantly breaking the law, he also delusional!

He would be back, probably has his next username already worked out...😂

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Yeah can’t wait for that.

load up the ice box in the car and drink in the car, it will be fantastic.

I seem to recall a couple of days ago you arguing with someone, as you like doing, who said that you should always check when reversing out for children. 
You said you never did. I always do, and always reverse very slowly for safety issues. 

I seem to recall that a child had actually died on that thread. 

The chances of either of us killing a kid are slim. 
But if I take precautions like I do I think the chances of you killing a kid are higher than me. 

And to all of us on this forum who will be going out and drinking tonight, please drive safely, stay off your phone and always check what is behind you when reversing.

And if you have a conscience and care for others, don't drink too much and then try to operate a vehicle, because this time could be the time you run into another person, can't react when another cuts in front of you in time because your senses are dulled, or when a child runs in the street ahead of you, you can't react fast enough to avoid them.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Remember the old saying.

Snitches are bitches that get stitches.

Some snitches are snitching to possibly save a life, or at the least thousands of dollars in car repairs, and can knock the crap out of anyone who tries to give them stitches.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I seem to recall a couple of days ago you arguing with someone, as you like doing, who said that you should always check when reversing out for children. 
You said you never did. I always do, and always reverse very slowly for safety issues. 

But if I take precautions like I do I think the chances of you killing a kid are higher than me. 

And to all of us on this forum who will be going out and drinking tonight, please drive safely, stay off your phone and always check what is behind you when reversing.

Do all Australians think and act stupid like you.....?   🤔

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

The police will tell anyone prepared to listen the three factors in accidents are speed, alcohol and fatigue. Lack of concentration gets classified as fatigue.

It is unarguable alcohol impairs reaction times and balance. Just a couple of drinks will do it. Alcohol also removes inhibitions.

You say you have been driving 30 years without an accident. Every day you continue drinking and driving makes an accident statistically more probable.

As enforcement is weak in Thailand, many people get away with drink driving. However, you may be involved in an accident, even if it is not your fault.

If that happens, as a foreigner rest assured you will not be treated with kid gloves.

• Thumbs Up 2

41 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Less than from speeding drivers.

why do all the car manufacturers produce cars that can go 200km plus?

why is that allowed? 

why are not all cars fitted with speed controllers? 

The old 'not as bad Hitler ' argument.....a sure sign.

However, I do agree speed limiters should be fitted to all vehicles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

The old 'not as bad Hitler ' argument.....a sure sign.

However, I do agree speed limiters should be fitted to all vehicles.

VW or Porsche?

• Confused 3

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Do all Australians think and act stupid like you.....?   🤔

Are am not sure why you keep talking about Australians? 

You might want to get yourself checked out for menopausal dementia.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MalcolmB said:

Are am not sure why you keep talking about Australians? 

You might want to get yourself checked out for menopausal dementia.

Mate, you're Australian, mate........🤭

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I have done advanced and defensive driving courses. 
I will be fine, thanking for caring.

So have I. The keys to company cars were not given to anyone, before they had passed a defensive driving course.

I can't remember any section of that course which approved of drinking and driving.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

So have I. The keys to company cars were not given to anyone, before they had passed a defensive driving course.

I can't remember any section of that course which approved of drinking and driving.

Really small print...right at the end?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Really small print...right at the end?

I suppose threads would not be complete without one or two comedians.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I suppose threads would not be complete without one or two comedians.

...or we could all just be miserable .........ers

23 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Again a separate argument seemingly attempting to justify drink driving because other negative examples exist.

My point in 'that' argument (regarding a parent who reversed over his child) was that after a child had died, the response from one specific poster (Nick Carter) was unwaveringly sanctimonious...   it was at his sanctimony that I targeted my comments, while at the same time I understood how such an accident could occur and has occurred elsewhere in the world.

Nick argued from 20/20 hindsight with a 'should have / could have' perspective suggesting everyone checks underneath their car before driving off / reversing - which IMO is over-egging his pudding which was already overladen with sanctimonious virtue signalling and a heavy amount of gas-lighting while attempting to win and point score rather than recognising the legal realities within which we behave.

In this thread the discussion is a little different and using the example from a different thread shows poor reasoning. 

In Thailand we have authorities turning somewhat of blind eye to drink driving, almost enabling it, and Thailand has some of the highest road fatality stats in the world.... meanwhile, accident and road fatality rates are far lower in countries where DUI is considered something socially irresponsible and if caught penalised heavily. 

You have mentioned that you 'take precautions'  - but clearly you do not, you have admitted to driving while drunk. 

If your precautions are limiting yourself to 2 or 3 beers with dinner over a few hours - then it could be reasonable to assume you have taken precautions.

However, if you are having 10 beers or more and are then driving home, but making sure you are being careful, that is not sufficient caution - you are impaired whether you can recognise that or not.

IF you were to be involved in an accident and hurt someone or worse, there is the legal perspective, but also the moral perspective...

... Would a drink driver ever self-evaluate and consider they could have avoided the *incident - would they feel guilty ? - this is one of the reasons many don't drink drive, not through fear of authorities, but for the simple reasons that they know impairment could mean the difference between hurting someone or not.

I had a recent sporting accident while mildly drunk - I suffered a serious injury. I've spent time evaluating if I could have avoided the accident if I had been able to react faster if I had not had a few beers.

[*I refuse to call it an accident because and incident involving a DUI is not an accident - there was a conscious choice made to drive while impaired].

My guess is that after mentioning 'sanctimony' above in relation in another incident discussed in another thread someone unskilled in debating will attempt to respond in kind in attempt to score a point - however, at this point it should be noted that the opinions expressed are not judging someone after and incident - but judging lifestyle choices which are considered both antisocial and illegal in most other countries. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I have done advanced and defensive driving courses. 
I will be fine, thanking for caring.

This attitude is typical of someone who claims, "When I'm drunk, I'm probably better than 80% of the other drivers on the road."

In summary, the mindset of someone who drives drunk under the belief they are 'safe' because they have taken a defensive driving course and are taking precautions exemplifies what could be termed the 'Alcohol-Induced Dunning-Kruger Effect.'

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

My point in 'that' argument

I am not arguing with you, I am telling you.

A child tragically lost her life in the said incident.

The OP s neighbor has not killed anyone one, seems to be having a good time and I think it goes back to a bit of jealousy from the OP.

We are here for a good time, not a long time. 

I can not spell those big words so do use them.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Do you want me to be PC or do you want the truth?

I drink drive, as millions of other people do, I have done for 30 years, and I have never had an incident.

Sounds worse. Now you're driving drunk and probably have much worse reflexes than 30 years ago. Give it up man. Have some respect for yourself and people on the road. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Sounds worse. Now your driving drunk and probably have much worse reflexes than 30 years ago. Give it up man. Have some respect for yourself and people on the road. 

Ok, what time are you going to pick me up?

or do you want me to stay at home wasting my short life away staring out my faux French doors while watching re-runs of MASH in a dark and lonely room while the Chinese made grandfather clock slowly ticks away like sand through the hour glass.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

I would not say proud.

a bit smug perhaps.

I think "smug" is an understatement ,I would not like to meet you in real life,

what a moron .....IMHO ...

regards Worgeordie

• Agree 2

I am not arguing with you, I am telling you.

A child tragically lost her life in the said incident.

The OP s neighbor has not killed anyone one, seems to be having a good time and I think it goes back to a bit of jealousy from the OP.

Is the law also jealous of the Ops neighbour?...    

This argument is also fundamentally flawed, DUI is not solely an issue for the Op and his neighbour, is nationwide epidemic.

We are here for a good time, not a long time. 

Agree, everyone wants a good time, but not at the consequences of harm to others...  you conveniently ignore that aspect of risk you present to other people around you when driving drunk -  You have prioritised your good time over someone else life / safety... that is antisocial, ignorant and selfish.

I can not spell those big words so do use them.

Blame your teachers, or lack thereof. 

• Thumbs Up 1