Your Advertising

It was bad enough when unsolicited adverts started appearing on your news pages. The saving grace was that we could shut them down. Unfortunately, we now have a pop-up appearing at the bottom of the page which we cannot eliminate. Shameful lack of consideration for your readers.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

You’re right and this is one of the reasons i almost stopped using the forum.

i was relatively active on the forum as it was a good information platform but due to the aggressive adds and lot of disinformation from trolls etc i stopped using it.

its a shame as it was once very good.

• Sad 1

On my so called smartphone all I can see today are hundreds of ads for health insurance, one between every comment. I rarely post but follow daily. Not any more, it should be a pleasant experience reading a forum but now it's just a pain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2024 at 9:12 AM, maddermax said:

It was bad enough when unsolicited adverts started appearing on your news pages. The saving grace was that we could shut them down. Unfortunately, we now have a pop-up appearing at the bottom of the page which we cannot eliminate. Shameful lack of consideration for your readers.

On 7/19/2024 at 10:42 AM, merijn said:

You’re right and this is one of the reasons i almost stopped using the forum.

i was relatively active on the forum as it was a good information platform but due to the aggressive adds and lot of disinformation from trolls etc i stopped using it.

its a shame as it was once very good.

On 7/21/2024 at 5:16 PM, metroa said:

On my so called smartphone all I can see today are hundreds of ads for health insurance, one between every comment. I rarely post but follow daily. Not any more, it should be a pleasant experience reading a forum but now it's just a pain.

Oh dear, you're all moaning about the cost of your free forum entertainment!   Ungrateful so-and-sos - try to be brave.  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Oh dear, you're all moaning about the cost of your free forum entertainment!   Ungrateful so-and-sos - try to be brave.  

They want the owners to pay for the IT and labor all by themselves, so they have free knowledge and entertainment.

The OP has no clue.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/23/2024 at 7:55 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

It's not that I'm against advertising as i know that they need it to run the site.

But I'm against how it is implemented (in your face).

If the advertisements where not so intrusive and not interfering so much that the site is almost unusable i wouldn't have any issues with it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, merijn said:

It's not that I'm against advertising as i know that they need it to run the site.

But I'm against how it is implemented (in your face).

If the advertisements where not so intrusive and not interfering so much that the site is almost unusable i wouldn't have any issues with it.

Some members see no adverts whatsoever just by using different (free) browsers.

• Agree 1