Hezbollah Launches Major Missile Assault on Israel, Sonic Booms Rattle Beirut

On 7/5/2024 at 7:02 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Those iranian puppets at it again... hey joe send iran another 6 billion why don't ya?

On 7/5/2024 at 10:16 AM, The Theory said:

Obama sent billions (by special flight) in cash to Iran to thank them for their cooperation 🤔

Thank you Hussein 😆

This was money belonging to Iran which had been frozen......so in effect they gained access to their own money!!!! Don't let the facts get in the way of your storytelling!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

This was money belonging to Iran which had been frozen......so in effect they gained access to their own money!!!! Don't let the facts get in the way of your storytelling!!

In any event, they got it. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, placeholder said:

Whether all the world.s Jews want it or not?

Most of the world's Jews do support Israel as the Jewish homeland, even if they choose not to live there.  A sovereign nation with a Jewish majority that gives all Jews the right of return is the only real guarantee against another Holocaust.  Nearly all the European Jews killed by the Nazis died because they had nowhere to escape to.  The world's nations stood by and allowed six million people to be exterminated.

And we don't have to think only in terms of extermination.  Antisemitism is on the rise in the U.S. and Europe, with many Jews suffering harassment and even physical attacks.  Synagogues have been targeted and Jewish children are no longer safe in public schools. Openly antisemitic candidates have been elected to public office in the U.S., U.K. and other countries.  And yes, I mean antisemitic, not just anti-Zionist. That could lead some Jews to move to Israel.  Never again is now.

There are an estimated 15.7 million Jews in the world.  About 7.2 million, or 46%, live in Israel and another 6.3 million, or 40%, live in the U.S.  Opinion surveys have shown a wide majority of American Jews support Israel.  According to an analysis by Gallup's editor-in-chief  (American Jews, Politics and Israel),  "95% of Jews have favorable views of Israel."  Another survey stated  "A large majority of U.S. Jews (82%) say caring about Israel is either “essential” or “important” to what being Jewish means to them."  (10 key findings about Jewish Americans).

It's very safe to say the majority of Jews support israel as the Jewish homeland.

Edited by Evil Penevil

On 7/5/2024 at 7:47 AM, RichardColeman said:

Sure bet there will still be these pro-palestine peace nutters blaming israel for retaliating this later

Yeah but bombing schools in Hamas is OK whit you I guess 

13 hours ago, xylophone said:

It was money that should have been confiscated as blood money of a criminal organization... returning it signified support for terrorism and the profits that were generated from it... don't let reality cloud your perspective when you spin your stories.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Most of the world's Jews do support Israel as the Jewish homeland, even if they choose not to live there.  A sovereign nation with a Jewish majority that gives all Jews the right of return is the only real guarantee against another Holocaust.  Nearly all the European Jews killed by the Nazis died because they had nowhere to escape to.  The world's nations stood by and allowed six million people to be exterminated.

And we don't have to think only in terms of extermination.  Antisemitism is on the rise in the U.S. and Europe, with many Jews suffering harassment and even physical attacks.  Synagogues have been targeted and Jewish children are no longer safe in public schools. Openly antisemitic candidates have been elected to public office in the U.S., U.K. and other countries.  And yes, I mean antisemitic, not just anti-Zionist. That could lead some Jews to move to Israel.  Never again is now.

There are an estimated 15.7 million Jews in the world.  About 7.2 million, or 46%, live in Israel and another 6.3 million, or 40%, live in the U.S.  Opinion surveys have shown a wide majority of American Jews support Israel.  According to an analysis by Gallup's editor-in-chief  (American Jews, Politics and Israel),  "95% of Jews have favorable views of Israel."  Another survey stated  "A large majority of U.S. Jews (82%) say caring about Israel is either “essential” or “important” to what being Jewish means to them."  (10 key findings about Jewish Americans).

It's very safe to say the majority of Jews support israel as the Jewish homeland.

He was talking about the secular leftist Jews 

12 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

When were Jews living outside of Israel asked if they considered Israel to be their homeland? 

22 hours ago, placeholder said:

Whether all the world.s Jews want it or not?

Israel is not "the homeland of the world's Jews". USA is.

Been in IS few times and what was amazing is how many foreigners are living there: armenians, ukranians, russians, even poles, some folks from those midget countries around baltic sea. And of course frenchmen. 

I remember times when is was very difficult to get IS citizenship and it was an honor to be proud of. 

Now it is only good to be able to travel around EU and stay in USA up to 6 months. (is it?)

As religion goes - again USA and not only Brooklyn. Very small, tiny communities of orthodox jews are smaller than Naklua while Lubavitch branch is huge in US.

15 hours ago, placeholder said:

When were Jews living outside of Israel asked if they considered Israel to be their homeland? 

Never.  But you knew that already.  It's not humanely possible to ask the 8.5 million Jews living outside Israel for their opinions on a homeland for Jews.  But Jews all over the world have overwhelmingly expressed their support of Israel as such a homeland, even if many are critical of government policies. 

Jewish support fot Israel is made obviously by

• statements by mainstream Jewish organizations and religious leaders in counties with Jewish communities.  For example:   Moshe Sebbag, the chief rabbi of Paris, "told The Times of Israel that 'it seems France has no future for Jews,' and said he advises young French Jews to leave for Israel."  France has the world's third-largest Jewish population  at 400,000 to 500,000.  The admonition to leave France came on the back of the electoral success of a far-left party that is pro-Hamas and widely regarded as antisemitic.. (LINK)
  • public opinion polls, studies and surveys of Jews in various countries that indicate support for Israel as the Jewish homeland.  I gave examples from the U.S. in my previous post in this thread.  Here's one from the U.K. :  "...  the vast majority of Jews in Britain regard Israel as the ancestral homeland of the Jewish People, and many have close familial or social ties with Israelis."  Committed, concerned and conciliatory: The attitudes of Jews in Britain towards Israel
  • Jews from all over the world continue to emigrate from their countries of birth to Israel.  In the 12 months ended in May, 2024,  about 37,000 Jews immigrated to Israel.  Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics.
15 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

He was talking about the secular leftist Jews 

Yes. I realized that.  We have to distinguish between people who identify as ethnic Jews, i.e., they had parents or grandparents who were Jewish; and those who identify with some form of Judaism, although they might not be very religious.  Some ethnic Jews have grown up in agnostic or atheist households and have never practiced Judaism as a religion.  Ethnic Jews tend to be the ones who are anti-Zionist and oppose the existence of the state of Israel. At the other end of the spectrum there are small groups of ultra-Orthodox Jews who oppose Israel on religious grounds because they believe Israel can't be established before the Messiah appears.

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2024 at 6:18 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

It was money that should have been confiscated as blood money of a criminal organization... returning it signified support for terrorism and the profits that were generated from it... don't let reality cloud your perspective when you spin your stories.

Reaping what you sow springs to mind...............

The U.S. helped Iran create its nuclear program in 1957 by providing Iran its first nuclear reactor and nuclear fuel, and after 1967 by providing Iran with weapons grade enriched uranium. 

The relationship had been been close, but it has been punctuated first by the involvement of the CIA in the coup of 1953 which overthrew a popular prime minister, Mohammed Mossadegh.....and the CIA was said to be involved with the assassination of JFK. The US getting involved in nefarious activities speaks volumes how it gets involved in areas that it has no business being in.

PS. Fire away with your typical GOP replies but I won't see them as I have put you on ignore.

Edited by xylophone
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Never.  But you knew that already.  It's not humanely possible to ask the 8.5 million Jews living outside Israel for their opinions on a homeland for Jews.  But Jews all over the world have overwhelmingly expressed their support of Israel as such a homeland, even if many are critical of government policies. 

Jewish support fot Israel is made obviously by

• statements by mainstream Jewish organizations and religious leaders in counties with Jewish communities.  For example:   Moshe Sebbag, the chief rabbi of Paris, "told The Times of Israel that 'it seems France has no future for Jews,' and said he advises young French Jews to leave for Israel."  France has the world's third-largest Jewish population  at 400,000 to 500,000.  The admonition to leave France came on the back of the electoral success of a far-left party that is pro-Hamas and widely regarded as antisemitic.. (LINK)
  • public opinion polls, studies and surveys of Jews in various countries that indicate support for Israel as the Jewish homeland.  I gave examples from the U.S. in my previous post in this thread.  Here's one from the U.K. :  "...  the vast majority of Jews in Britain regard Israel as the ancestral homeland of the Jewish People, and many have close familial or social ties with Israelis."  Committed, concerned and conciliatory: The attitudes of Jews in Britain towards Israel
  • Jews from all over the world continue to emigrate from their countries of birth to Israel.  In the 12 months ended in May, 2024,  about 37,000 Jews immigrated to Israel.  Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics.

Yes. I realized that.  We have to distinguish between people who identify as ethnic Jews, i.e., they had parents or grandparents who were Jewish; and those who identify with some form of Judaism, although they might not be very religious.  Some ethnic Jews have grown up in agnostic or atheist households and have never practiced Judaism as a religion.  Ethnic Jews tend to be the ones who are anti-Zionist and oppose the existence of the state of Israel. At the other end of the spectrum there are small groups of ultra-Orthodox Jews who oppose Israel on religious grounds because they believe Israel can't be established before the Messiah appears.

Maybe polling as a method isn't obvious to you but it is to me.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Maybe polling as a method isn't obvious to you but it is to me.

hih.jpg.8bea48033b51c55d6569ac11d9fe57db.jpg  Huh?   I gave links to relevant polls or surveys in two of my previous posts.  They indicate Jews support Israel as a homeland.

As I wrote earlier, some Jews may not want to live in Israel, but nevertheless support it as the Jewish homeland.  One American Jewish friend says he has no desire to visit Israel, much less live there, but he "sleeps better at night knowing Israel exists" if he should ever need a haven from antisemitism. Another Jewish friend says he doesn't need any homeland other than the U.S., but realizes the survival of some Jews elsewhere  could depend on a Jewish majority state with the right of return.

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

Reaping what you sow springs to mind...............

The U.S. helped Iran create its nuclear program in 1957 by providing Iran its first nuclear reactor and nuclear fuel, and after 1967 by providing Iran with weapons grade enriched uranium. 

The relationship had been been close, but it has been punctuated first by the involvement of the CIA in the coup of 1953 which overthrew a popular prime minister, Mohammed Mossadegh.....and the CIA was said to be involved with the assassination of JFK. The US getting involved in nefarious activities speaks volumes how it gets involved in areas that it has no business being in.

PS. Fire away with your typical GOP replies but I won't see them as I have put you on ignore.

So explain to us WHY THE DEMOCRATS keep funding a program that has shown to be bad for the western world... when do they say enough of this bs... like it or not that is what trump did... but then joe in his need to reverse everything done by trump decided to send them more money again.