Labour Set to Win General Election Landslide, Exit Poll Indicates

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Brext hasn't been implemented? Is the UK still a member of the EU? Are there any major negotiations pending? 

What a silly comment. Remainers were calling for a "people's vote" long before we left.

But you already knew that.

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

What a silly comment. Remainers were calling for a "people's vote" long before we left.

But you already knew that.

What's that got to do with your claim that "the result of the first one hasn't been implemented?"

And even if they have been saying it all along, if a majority of the voters now agree with them, why should a referendum be ruled out? It looks like that since the last referendum that you have acquired a convenient allergy to democracy.

What's that got to do with your claim that "the result of the first one hasn't been implemented?"

Well, it proves my point that they called for a second referendum before the first was implemented. So it has literally everything to do with it.😄

And even if they have been saying it all along, if a majority of the voters now agree with them, why should a referendum be ruled out?

It shouldn't. If a party can get elected on a promise to hold a Rejoin referendum then I would accept that. 

It looks like that since the last referendum that you have acquired a convenient allergy to democracy.

How did you reach that conclusion? I accept the Labour win 100%. Just as I accepted the Leave vote. How does that suggest an "allergy to Democracy". It's quite the opposite given my disdain for Labour. 

If I was demanding another election before Labour were allowed to take power you would have a point. But I am not. Therefore, you do not have a point. 

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Well, it proves my point that they called for a second referendum before the first was implemented. So it has literally everything to do with it.😄

It shouldn't. If a party can get elected on a promise to hold a Rejoin referendum then I would accept that. 

How did you reach that conclusion? I accept the Labour win 100%. Just as I accepted the Leave vote. How does that suggest an "allergy to Democracy". It's quite the opposite given my disdain for Labour. 

If I was demanding another election before Labour were allowed to take power you would have a point. But I am not. Therefore, you do not have a point. 

Claiming that because you support democracy in one avenue of governance, but deny it in another, does not make you a supporter of democracy.  If the electorate supports a second referendum, it's irrelevant what Remainers have said. What's relevant is what the voters want. By denying  UK voters the right to change their minds via a referendum, you are denying them the access to a democratic avenue of governance. That's obviously anti-democratic.

Claiming that because you support democracy in one avenue of governance, but deny it in another, does not make you a supporter of democracy. 

Where have I denied it? I haven't, you're making it up. 😃

If the electorate supports a second referendum, it's irrelevant what Remainers have said. What's relevant is what the voters want. By denying  UK voters the right to change their minds via a referendum, you are denying them the access to a democratic avenue of governance. That's obviously anti-democratic.

Where have I denied the right to change their minds after the result of the first referendum was implemented? I haven't. You're making it up. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Where have I denied it? I haven't, you're making it up. 😃

Where have I denied the right to change their minds after the result of the first referendum was implemented? I haven't. You're making it up. 

Does this quote look familiar?

"You can't have a second referendum before the result of the first one is implemented."

Actually, you can. In a democracy where refererenda are allowed, it's permissible for the electorate to say "oops" whenever a referendum is brought before them.

26 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Does this quote look familiar?

"You can't have a second referendum before the result of the first one is implemented."

Actually, you can. In a democracy where refererenda are allowed, it's permissible for the electorate to say "oops" whenever a referendum is brought before them.

I 100% disagree with you.

It is undemocratic to call for another vote before the result of the first one is implemented, simply because you do not like the result. 

People like you think it's Ok in some circumstances (when you lose) but not OK in other circumstances (when you win). It's deeply hypocritical. But then you are left wing, so I guess it's par for the course.  

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

You can't have a second referendum before the result of the first one is implemented. This is what Remainers were proposing.

That would be like me proposing having another general election in 18 months because I didn't like the result of this one (but insisting the Tories stay in power until then).

Unlike salty Remainers, I respect Democracy too much to make such a ridiculous, entitled demand.  

So in fact, my translation was not only accurate, but highlighted the inane hypocrisy of the Remainers position post Brexit. I hope you are able to understand the point this time. 

You can't have a second referendum before the result of the first one is implemented.

Where on earth did you get that nonsense from Jonny?

You certainly didn’t get it from the governing legislation:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/41/contents