Shopee refund - can a refund be credit or coins or only bank account deposit

I just received a couple of mozzie zappers from Shopee and they don't zap at all.  I may request a refund,  however that depends as I'm not keen to use my bank account with Shopee.

Can refund be coins or credit ?

Is it safe with Shopee having my Bank account details   ?

So tired of getting stuff that just doesn't work or is broken   ....   

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Shopee refunds can typically be processed in several ways, depending on the original payment method and the specific circumstances of the refund. Here are the common refund methods Shopee uses:

1.    Original Payment Method: If you paid through a credit or debit card, the refund is usually credited back to the same card.

2.    ShopeePay: If you used ShopeePay for the purchase, the refund might be credited back to your ShopeePay wallet.

3.    Bank Transfer: For payments made via bank transfer or if specifically requested, the refund can be deposited into your bank account.

4.    Shopee Coins: In some cases, refunds can be given in the form of Shopee Coins, which can be used for future purchases on the platform.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Shopee refunds can typically be processed in several ways, depending on the original payment method and the specific circumstances of the refund. Here are the common refund methods Shopee uses:

1.    Original Payment Method: If you paid through a credit or debit card, the refund is usually credited back to the same card.

2.    ShopeePay: If you used ShopeePay for the purchase, the refund might be credited back to your ShopeePay wallet.

3.    Bank Transfer: For payments made via bank transfer or if specifically requested, the refund can be deposited into your bank account.

4.    Shopee Coins: In some cases, refunds can be given in the form of Shopee Coins, which can be used for future purchases on the platform.

In my case, all it's showing is my bank account as the refund method,   and the submit button.  

Is using the Bank account safe ?    I just don't trust anyone, especially shopee & lazada. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

I just received a couple of mozzie zappers from Shopee and they don't zap at all.  I may request a refund,  however that depends as I'm not keen to use my bank account with Shopee.

Can refund be coins or credit ?

Is it safe with Shopee having my Bank account details   ?

So tired of getting stuff that just doesn't work or is broken   ....   

It's depending of you payment method. If yoy have paid by credit card your refund will automatically be transferred to the bank account connected to the credit card, circa one week after credit. If you have paid by other means, you'll need to apply for a bank transfer, where you might be asked for uploading copy of your passport and name page of your bank book.

To my knowledge, foreigners cannot use "coins".

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RSD1 said:

Are you referring to this platform?

934.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, khunPer said:

To my knowledge, foreigners cannot use "coins".

You could be right. I've never tried on Shopee. I use coins all the time on Lazada though. 

Also, I can't use the Lazada wallet because I am not willing to upload a photo of myself holding my passport page open. But I'm fine with that. Don't need the wallet either. 

Edited by RSD1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2024 at 8:39 AM, steven100 said:

I just received a couple of mozzie zappers from Shopee and they don't zap at all.   

well,  one mozzie zapper finally worked with my wire test but then I accidently touched the LED and the electric kill bars and it exploded the power wire inside the unit with a bang "  and my circuit breaker went off.

so that one is fried ....  I don't think the other one works,  so I'll just throw it in the trash like all the other Shopee gear I buy.

No refund required,  I destroyed 1 unit, so not worth claiming on the other.  

Edited by steven100