Silly question about moving a bank account

I have a feeling this is easy, but being Thailand....

My bank account at Bangkok Bank is at a branch in Chiang Mai. But I will be spending most of my time in Chonburi- have a condo there etc.  Is it possible to have my account transferred to a branch nearer to my home base in Chonburi? What will this entail and will it be a major pain in the kaziff?

Thanks for all answers and advice!

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I have a feeling this is easy, but being Thailand....

My bank account at Bangkok Bank is at a branch in Chiang Mai. But I will be spending most of my time in Chonburi- have a condo there etc.  Is it possible to have my account transferred to a branch nearer to my home base in Chonburi? What will this entail and will it be a major pain in the kaziff?

Thanks for all answers and advice!

I felt I needed to do this, but everything was available online or at my local Bangkok Bank branch where I moved to.

I got a new debit card and bank book locally, only thing is that I may need to pay a small  inter-province transfer fee for ATM cash withdrawals.

When I need cash which I rarely need nowadays I transfer a sum to the better half who has a local provincial account.

47 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

I got a new debit card and bank book locally, only thing is that I may need to pay a small  inter-province transfer fee for ATM cash withdrawals.

Cardless withdrawals across provincial boundaries can be done without any extra fee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Just choose your branch and go in with your passport and existing bank book.

Might prove an issue for the OP when said passport needs to be renewed, though. I was informed by a particular Bangkok Bank branch I was using that my new passport details could only be registered at the branch where I had opened my account. That said, the OP should, of course, only need to make a trip from Chonburi to Chiang Mai for this purpose once every 10 years!

10 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Cardless withdrawals across provincial boundaries can be done without any extra fee.

Please clarify, and excuse my ignorance on this subject.

What do you need to input for a cardless withdrawal?

I'm always tee'd off having to pay extra at ATM's in neighboring provinces!

4 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Each bank will have it's own process, so you proabably need to ask your own bank.

Here is a link showing how it works at the Kasikorn, so you can get a rough idea of the process.

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/personal/digital-banking/kplus/functions/cardless-withdrawal/Pages/index.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Each bank will have it's own process, so you proabably need to ask your own bank.

Here is a link showing how it works at the Kasikorn, so you can get a rough idea of the process.

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/personal/digital-banking/kplus/functions/cardless-withdrawal/Pages/index.html

All that shows up when I click that link is  "An unexpected error has occurred"

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Works for me

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

16 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

9 minutes ago, lom said:

Works for me

that's strange.... the Brave browser had some kind of hiccup.. now that link works

8 hours ago, OJAS said:

Might prove an issue for the OP when said passport needs to be renewed, though. I was informed by a particular Bangkok Bank branch I was using that my new passport details could only be registered at the branch where I had opened my account. That said, the OP should, of course, only need to make a trip from Chonburi to Chiang Mai for this purpose once every 10 years!

I have already been through the issue with Bangkok Bank with a new passport at my local branch.

At first, they told me they could not update my account details with a new passport, they could not issue a new ATM card, nor a new bank book and told me I would have to drive 12 hours return to the bank where I opened the account.

They then capitulated after I told them of my conversation with head office and my old bank.

Seems reasoning and rules work with the private sector not so much with the other.

10 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

You just tap on cardless withdrawal on the Bangkok Bank mobile app and follow the instructions. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Everyman said:

I updated Bangkok Bank with a new passport at a different branch than where I opened the account. Make sure to bring your old passport. 

Was it in the same Province or a different one?

On 7/9/2024 at 1:20 PM, LosLobo said:

I thought providing you used your card in that specific banks ATM, there is no charge, wherever you used it.

16 hours ago, kidneyw said:

I thought providing you used your card in that specific banks ATM, there is no charge, wherever you used it.

No, there is an interprovincial withdrawal fee of 10 or 20 baht. 

It’s small but it adds up.