British yoga teacher stranded in Bangkok airport over passport tear

webfact

On 7/17/2024 at 12:45 PM, FritsSikkink said:

I know a 100% that my passport is not damaged.

I used my Passport last week - and I still couldn't state with absolute certainty that my passport is in perfect condition and has no tears in it... I can't state that for my Second Passport, nor my Sons Passport, or my Wife's Passport...    going through the passport looking for slight damage is not something I've ever done (but perhaps should). 

On 7/12/2024 at 2:15 PM, Chetzee said:

Jesus .... do you need some help .......  tampered passport .do not pass go .... end of story ! to you that might sound excessive but if your job depended on it you'd be rejecting the same every time.

You manipulated the situation to suit a bias...   The Passport was not 'tampered with'... it had a small tear that had previously gone unnoticed. 

In the past, I have travelled with a tear in my Passport (ID page) and it went unnoticed or unbothered by everyone, I only noticed when renewing my passport. 

This was a 'non-issue' turned into a major event by a jobs worth.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I fairly recently discovered Dante's long lost 10th circle of Hell - the transit procedure at Mumbai airport!

The final "icing on a cake" was when I drained a glass of beer in the bar at the transit lounge and saw the state of the bottom of the glass - sure enough two hours later Gandhi's revenge set in!

I just want to warn everybody !!! Flights and transfer desk !!! if you fy with same airline or alliance ist ok , BUt!!!! you cant fly for example THai  to india and after Indigo  ...!!!! i see many people denied boarding !!!!!

yes india is a driety country, but airports are improving, its in mumbai not so bad now ..the good thing 1,5ltr water take to airpland is 1,50$  or a meal chinese or so 5$ ,  indiian is cheaper but i not eat. cheap airport  for food and drink