Hull Consulate.

Just some quick information for you. I sent off my passport last friday [27 July] to Hull for my non O multiple. my passport arrived about 5 minutes ago [Tuesday,31 july.] All present and correct. No proof of funds/income needed or evidence of your activities. [marriage cert, tambien baan etc]

Hull are still a dream to deal with. God bless em all!

• 3 weeks later...
isnt that illegal?

No, it is not illegal to send your passport abroad for a new visa.

It is also not illegal for the police to arrest you if they catch you without your passport.

Furthermore, it is not illegal for an immigration officer to consider your visa invalid when you enter Thailand with it and instead give you only a 30-day visa-exempt entry stamp.

--

Maestro

Just did mine by post from Bangkok to Hull, cracking service.

Are you saying that Hull actually sent your PP to BKK?? If so these is an extremely dodgy action on their part, it is most definately not permitted to obtain a new visa whilst you are in Thailand (note I didn't say illegal).

There has been at least one case reported here that a member who obtained a visa in this way had it cancelled by the immigration officer (don't remember if it was outgoing or incoming), he was given only a 30 day stamp, money wasted.

...There has been at least one case reported here that a member who obtained a visa in this way had it cancelled by the immigration officer (don't remember if it was outgoing or incoming), he was given only a 30 day stamp, money wasted.

I remember that post. It was last year, upon entry at a land border.

As I said, it’s not illegal for the immigration officer to consider such visa invalid. In fact, the website of the Aranyaprathet immigration office says that this will happen.

--

Maestro

isnt that illegal?

Not at all. I have a valid visa in my current passport here with me and sent my new passport to UK for a new visa, all legal and perfectly acceptable. You are entitled to send your visa to a consulate / embassy for a visa, a lot of business travelers do it regularly.

Edited by jackmuu

I suppose it could work nicely if you had 2 U.K passports. I still recall there is a regulation that says you must be out of thailand when applying for a visa, I would think just because your passport is out of the country,it doesnt really count as applying for the visa outside of thailand.

i dont get this.

so if i sent my passport back to the uk and got my family to send it to hull, and tried for a multiple entry tourist visa, what would happen when i went for a vis arun. doesnt make sense to me.

or is it another type of visa you are talking about?

I suppose it could work nicely if you had 2 U.K passports. I still recall there is a regulation that says you must be out of thailand when applying for a visa, I would think just because your passport is out of the country,it doesnt really count as applying for the visa outside of thailand.

Yeah 2 passports is the way to go.