CW requirements for bank deposit for Non immigrant O

Hi 

i bank with SCB, which closed its branches in CW.  i plan to change to  Non immig O visa from a visa exempt, and i understand that 

immigration at CW asks for updating the passbook the day of application .does this mean i need to go to a nearby scb branch and make 

a deposit ( for activity in the account ) and ask bank to update the passbook the morning of applying in  CW, in addition to obtaining  the letter of foreign source of deposit ? any other thing i need to do at the bank the same day ?

also i have my funds in E passbook ( no paper passbook ) saving account. would it be advisable to transfer the money back to the paper passbook account ( since immigration needs a copy of the passbook ) ? thanks for your help and replies 

yep you need to go update the bank book the day you apply for the Non-O visa in Section C-1 at Chaengwattana, AND if you're getting the Non-O visa based on retirement the code ON the transfer of the funds in the bank book has to indicate that it was an international transfer. As DrJack54 said for Non-O based on marriage no proof of funds origin),

also you need to get the bank letter as well, (stating your account number, the date, your name and the balance on the date they issued the letter <-9that letter can be up to 7 days old)  

looks like this (this is a poster at Bangkok Bank but the bank letters all pretty much look the same) 

Dunno how you'd show the requirements of an updated bank book if you have a eSavings Account 😕 Maybe have the bank PRINT out a transaction history for you

sample bank letter.jpg

Edited by Tod Daniels

46 minutes ago, docinbangkok said:

i bank with SCB, which closed its branches in CW

CW accept accounts that do not have a bank book.

If you plan to obtain a non O based on marriage from a visa exempt and subsequent extensions you are making simple difficult by using SCB.

You do not need to show funds came from abroad for marriage.

When are you planning to do this? 

For extensions marriage the funds only need to be in bank for 2 months plus under consideration period. After that they can be used. 

Surely the interest earned cannot be reason for SCB account over convenience 

I use Kasikorn at CW (retirement) and do the bank letter, small deposit on day of application and 12 month bank statement day prior (can be up to 7 days prior) 

Banks at CW open at 8.30am

• Like 1

Hi

Thanks for your responses .

I plan non immig O based on retirement .  i understand it would be easier if i used another bank that still has a branch in CW , but at this point if i transfer my funds to another bank , i would not be able to show foreign source of funds in the latest bank passbook .so the letter can be obtained the day before , but the passbook itself has to be updated . and the account activity( deposit /withdrawal )  done at a branch close to CW  , the day of the application ?

does anyone here have experience with CW accepting E passbook , and the details please ? Thank you 

I got caught with this when TTB closed their branch CW also So now I get the letter from my branch in Sathorn the day before. I discovered I can deposit 100 Baht to my account and then do the passbook update on the day as long as it is after 6am at the ATM outside the branch then get the BTS and the  166 Bus at Victory Monument at 6:40 am to CW on the day of renew. If I changed to another bank but they be sure close at CW too so I will stick to my new method until it all changes again.

• Like 1