Lexapro and other prescription drugs

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure that's just the kind of drugs that will not be OTC in Thailand. Antibiotics no problem, psychotropics no way unless you are medically connected.

40 years ago pharmacies in TH would sell you Captagon literally "over-the-counter". They would also show a pack of Temazepam for you to buy together with the Captagon as the two drugs made for a very euphoric combo. Those were the days.

9 minutes ago, JackGats said:

I'm pretty sure that's just the kind of drugs that will not be OTC in Thailand. Antibiotics no problem, psychotropics no way unless you are medically connected.

40 years ago pharmacies in TH would sell you Captagon literally "over-the-counter". They would also show a pack of Temazepam for you to buy together with the Captagon as the two drugs made for a very euphoric combo. Those were the days.

He is asking about availability in the Philippines not in Thailand. 

OP, Lexapro is available but requires a prescription.

Clonazepam (Clonopin but different brand names in Philpppines) and Zolpidem (Ambien but by diffferent brand names) are available but controlled drugs, needs special prescription  etc and I do not know if any ordinary pharmacy will fill it or not.

Lorazepam (Ativan) seems not available.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2024 at 4:02 AM, Sheryl said:

He is asking about availability in the Philippines not in Thailand. 

OP, Lexapro is available but requires a prescription.

Clonazepam (Clonopin but different brand names in Philpppines) and Zolpidem (Ambien but by diffferent brand names) are available but controlled drugs, needs special prescription  etc and I do not know if any ordinary pharmacy will fill it or not.

Lorazepam (Ativan) seems not available.

My Filipino pharmacist other half confirms Ativan is avaliable but regulated so not all pharmacies will carry it. All the drugs mentioned will require a prescription. 

Edit: I don't want to teach to OP to suck eggs, but if they bring these drugs into the country, be sure to carry a doctor's note to explain why you have them. 

Edited by RuamRudy

• 4 weeks later...

How often are foreigners stopped at Phils customs and bags searched. I've been to Phils maybe 10 times and never been searched. Now that I'm older I have some BPH medication and some sleeping pills (Ambien). One of the prescriptions (Ambien) I got while living in Thailand and the others are from USA but I have been buying the BPH medication over the counter in Bangkok the last few months so it's not in USA style medication bottles, it's in boxes. I do have PDF files on my phone of the prescriptions from my USA doctor. Am I gonna get hassled in the outside chance they want to open my bags on arrival at Manila airport?

Edited by StandardIssue

On 8/25/2024 at 8:00 AM, StandardIssue said:

How often are foreigners stopped at Phils customs and bags searched. I've been to Phils maybe 10 times and never been searched. Now that I'm older I have some BPH medication and some sleeping pills (Ambien). One of the prescriptions (Ambien) I got while living in Thailand and the others are from USA but I have been buying the BPH medication over the counter in Bangkok the last few months so it's not in USA style medication bottles, it's in boxes. I do have PDF files on my phone of the prescriptions from my USA doctor. Am I gonna get hassled in the outside chance they want to open my bags on arrival at Manila airport?

I have been going in and out of the Philippines every month for over 10 years - I have been stopped twice that I can recall. 

• Thumbs Up 1