Biden Claims Unprecedented Support for Palestinian Community

Social Media

image.png.135cff98670fa5a4f45fbb52cea5b02e.png

President Joe Biden asserted that he has provided more support to the Palestinian community than any other leader when questioned about the United States' strong backing of Israel. This statement came during an interview with Complex’s Speedy Morman, which was filmed on Friday and aired on Complex’s "360 with Speedy" on Monday.

When asked why the U.S. support for Israel is so robust, Biden emphasized the historical and security needs that justify a strong Israel. He explained, “If there weren’t an Israel, every Jew in the world would be at risk. Every Jew in the world would be at risk. And so there’s a need for it to be strong, and a need for Israel to be able to have after World War II … the ability for Jews to have a place that was their own.” Biden underscored his support for Israel by identifying as a Zionist, saying, “But you don’t have to be a Jew to be a Zionist, and a Zionist is about whether or not Israel is a safe haven for Jews because of their history of how they’ve been persecuted.”

However, Biden did not shy away from highlighting his efforts to support the Palestinian community. He pointed to his actions to facilitate humanitarian aid to Gaza, noting, “By the way, I’m the guy that did more for the Palestinian community than anybody. I’m the guy that opened up all the assets. I’m the guy that made sure that I got the Egyptians to open the border to let goods through, medicine and food.” He stressed his commitment to Palestinians while criticizing Hamas, saying, “I’ve been very supportive of the Palestinians. But Hamas are a bunch of thugs.”

The discussion also referenced the ongoing Israel-Hamas conflict. Former President Donald Trump criticized Biden’s handling of the situation during a debate last month, accusing him of being weak on the issue. Trump stated, “Israel is the one. And you should let them go and let them go finish the job. He doesn’t want to do it.” Trump further added, “He’s become like a Palestinian, but hey, don’t like him because he’s a very bad Palestinian. He’s a weak one.”

In response to Trump’s accusations, Biden dismissed them as “foolishness.” He revealed that he had proposed a three-phase cease-fire deal in May, which would have established at least a six-week pause in fighting. However, the deal remains stalled as mediators continue to negotiate its terms.

Biden’s comments highlight the complexity of his administration’s stance on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, balancing strong support for Israel with measures aimed at aiding the Palestinian community. This dual approach reflects the ongoing challenge of addressing the needs and concerns of both sides in one of the world’s most enduring conflicts.

Credit: Hill 2024-07-17

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Love It 1

Well yea thought out supporting our ally Israel trying to broker a peace deal and trying to get food in to the starving Palestinians sounds correct to me.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, thaipo7 said:

He is the Champion to all our enemies.  What a goal.  Does it sound right to have up to 70% of the foods and medicines stolen by HAMAS and sold to the Palestine that elected them to represent them?  The leader's are billionaires living in 5 star hotels in QATAR?   It it right to deny weapons Israel has paid for the defend themselves.  It it right to force Israel to give up 30% of their land to people who want to wipe them off the face of the earth.  I guess you would be up to the US giving 30% of it's land mass to the Chinese?  Same thing.  82% of the Israelis do NOT want to give up 30% of their land.  Ever wonder why 26 Arab countries in the area have not taken one Palestine person into their country?  Egypt has a road that could let all the Palestine people get out but will not open it.  Why should Israel give in and take care of all the Palestine people when not one other Arab nation will take one person.  Just trying to provide some facts here.

Ok so what’s your idea?this administration is supporting our ally trying to broker a peace deal and not let the Palestinians starve.thats about the best that can be done under these circumstances.unless you are advocating killing all of the Palestinians…..I see you are good at casting stones but not so good at  solutions ehh?

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Social Media said:

“By the way, I’m the guy that did more for the Palestinian community than anybody. I’m the guy that opened up all the assets. I’m the guy that made sure that I got the Egyptians to open the border to let goods through, medicine and food.”

Does anyone actually believe that?

If he believes it he needs better advisors.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

Why should Israel give in and take care of all the Palestine people when not one other Arab nation will take one person.  Just trying to provide some facts here.

Because israel is the occupying force and is legally obliged to care for people under occupation. Just because they don't, does not mean they don't have to.

Why should Palestinians leave THEIR land and live as refugees in other countries?

Do you even know what you are talking about? You don't even know that millions of Palestinians live in Jordan.

https://minorityrights.org/communities/palestinians-2/

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Social Media said:

Biden’s comments highlight the complexity of his administration’s stance on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, balancing strong support for Israel with measures aimed at aiding the Palestinian community. This dual approach reflects the ongoing challenge of addressing the needs and concerns of both sides in one of the world’s most enduring conflicts.

Shouldn't the last sentence read "one of the world’s most enduring illegal occupations"?

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1