JD Vance, Israel should win and end the war in Gaza “as quickly as possible.”

Social Media

5 minutes ago, theblether said:

Ya think? Prove it - as every single signal sent out by the Gulf states has been they want nothing to do with Gaza. Feel free to point out the vast Palestinian refugee camps in the Gulf to support your argument. And have a look at the Abraham Accords where Muslim states recognised Israel and abandoned their historical support for Gaza. 

I find it amazing that people who purport to be knowledgeable on this topic don't understand the anti-Palestinian vibe in the Middle East. Here's a question for ya'll - 

Why do you think the Gulf States turned against the Palestinians? The answer is obvious. 

The Muslim Countries are using the Palestine to attack Israel . It would be very beneficial to Israel if the Muslim Countries allowed all the Palestinians to move there , the war would be over and the Palestinian problem solved .

Gulf states fear Iran , Palestinians  side with Iran .

Am enemies enemy is a friend .

Saudi Align with Israel as the common enemy is Iran

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The Muslim Countries are using the Palestine to attack Israel . It would be very beneficial to Israel if the Muslim Countries allowed all the Palestinians to move there , the war would be over and the Palestinian problem solved .

Gulf states fear Iran , Palestinians  side with Iran .

Am enemies enemy is a friend .

Saudi Align with Israel as the common enemy is Iran

Was that an answer or a riddle wrapped in an enigma? Which Muslim countries are using Palestinians to attack Israel? Iran is obvious - who else? 

Why are Iran doing so? Is it actually anti-Israel or part of a wider sectarian dispute with the Sunnis who control Mecca? 

Why do you think Hussein sent tanks into Saudi? Did he need more sand or was it a Hail Mary attempt to control Mecca, or just a play for the oil?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, theblether said:

Was that an answer or a riddle wrapped in an enigma? Which Muslim countries are using Palestinians to attack Israel? Iran is obvious - who else? 

All the Countries that refuse to give refuge to the Palestinians and allow them to enter their Country and live there .

Egypt for one 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Why are Iran doing so? Is it actually anti-Israel or part of a wider sectarian dispute with the Sunnis who control Mecca? 

Why do you think Hussein sent tanks into Saudi? Did he need more sand or was it a Hail Mary attempt to control Mecca, or just a play for the oil?

You asked me six questions .

Ask someone else 

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You asked me six questions .

Ask someone else 

No. I'm asking you.

Unfortunately, on this topic, you don't know what you are talking about. And I lay short odds plenty of other forum members were unaware that the Palestinians backstabbed Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. 

• Like 1

No. I'm asking you.

Unfortunately, on this topic, you don't know what you are talking about. And I lay short odds plenty of other forum members were unaware that the Palestinians backstabbed Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. 

I am happy to talk, but I am not there to answer  question after question after question .

I am not Google .

Ask Google if you want a question  answered 

It's relevant to the topic. Hussein obsessed and feared - 

Betrayal by his inner circle

Internal revolution by the Kurds and others

Shia Iran and their capability or raising an internal uprising using the Shia minority. 

He did not fear 

The USA and the West. 

That may disappoint some of you. He may have gotten away with keeping Kuwait ( unlikely ) but as soon as he threatened Saudi Arabia the party was over ( Carter Doctrine kicked in ). That was one of the few Carter era foreign policy success stories, undone by the disgraceful One China policy ( dear me ). 

Shia Iran funds Hamas to upset Israel ( clearly ) but the secondary benefit is to harass the life out of Saudi Arabia. Yemen is a prime example of Shia Iranian money causing serious problems for SA. 

I'm of the opinion that there will be no peace in the Middle East until Iran is defeated. I've been of that opinion since 1979, one of the worst foreign policy years in US history due to Carter's weakness. 

Revolution in Iran, the appalling One China policy, and the Christmas Day invasion of Afghanistan by the Soviets. The Iraq War was detestable as it was fought for the wrong reasons, Iran are a far greater problem and as soon as they have nukes the world is in serious trouble. 

JD Vance is fundamentally correct.  

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I am happy to talk, but I am not there to answer  question after question after question .

I am not Google .

Ask Google if you want a question  answered 

I know the answers. I suggest you do some research before engaging in topics you don't understand. 

All the best. 

11 minutes ago, theblether said:

I know the answers. I suggest you do some research before engaging in topics you don't understand. 

All the best. 

Well don't keep it to yourself . 

Explain why Iran are attacking Israel ?

If you expect me to answer, then surely you can answer  it yourself 

Edited by Nick Carter icp

16 hours ago, Presto said:

Win the war with Hamas? That guy is delusional. On the other hand, he probably meant destroy everything in Gaza including all Palestinians.

Any group of people, who allows a bunch of terrorists decimate and ruin their lives all the way back to nothing and being

afraid to stand up and say enough is enough and voice their objection fearing a deadly reprisal from the terrorists 

deserves what they get...

5 hours ago, theblether said:

What's the relevance of this drivel? Almost 90% of Muslims worldwide are Sunni. To be Sunni does not infer support for Hamas. And that includes the Gazan Sunnis who are sick of them.

Try reading the OP, then you will understand.

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

Try reading the OP, then you will understand.

I read it. It's drivel. Utter clownology to believe that Gulf Sunnis are unified behind Pallestinians. The type of opinion only an ignoramus of Gulf history could hold. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, simple1 said:

After reading the OP I wonder if Vance understands Hamas is Sunni as are approx 90% of Gaza's population.

Do you understand that Israel understands Hamas is Sunni?

8 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So why are you asking me questions when you already know the answer ?

You are just wasting my time 

Are you drunk? I've answered already. Read the thread. 

9 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

All the Countries that refuse to give refuge to the Palestinians and allow them to enter their Country and live there .

Egypt for one 

There is good reasons for not doing so. One obviously at risk becoming an terrorist hub, 2. Israel succeeding expelling all Palestinians.

Why Egypt and other Arab countries are unwilling to take in Palestinian refugees from Gaza

https://apnews.com/article/palestinian-jordan-egypt-israel-refugee-502c06d004767d4b64848d878b66bd3d

• Thumbs Up 2

“They Are Everywhere”

The Palestinian community in Kuwait has grown nearly tenfold, from 37,000 in 1961 to 300,000 by 1981, or possibly 350,000 if illegal immigrants are included. Altogether, more than 600,000 Palestinians live in the Arab states of the Gulf. This is a quarter of the diaspora, more Palestinians than in Lebanon and Syria put together

Read more here

https://merip.org/1985/05/the-palestinian-diaspora-of-the-gulf/

Wikipedia 

It is estimated that more than 6 million Palestinians live in a global diaspora

Jordan 3,240,000

Israel 1,650,000

Syria 630,000

Chile 500,000 (largest Palestinian community outside the Middle East).

Lebanon 402,582

Saudi Arabia 280,245

Egypt 270,245

United States 255,000 (the largest concentrations in Chicago, Detroit and Los Angeles; History of Palestinians in Los Angeles).

Honduras 250,000

Guatemala est. 200,000

Mexico 120,000

Qatar 100,000

Germany 80,000

Kuwait 80,000

El Salvador 70,000

Brazil 59,000

Iraq 57,000

Yemen 55,000

Canada 50,975

Australia 45,000

Libya 44,000

Puerto Rico est. 30,000

Greece est. 30,000

United Kingdom 20,000

Peru 19,000

Denmark 15,000

Colombia 12,000

Japan est. 10,000

Paraguay 10,000

Netherlands 9,000

Sweden 7,000

Algeria 4,030

Austria 4,010

Norway 3,825

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_diaspora

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

What I was getting at was why Vance would expect the Sunni States to collaborate with Israel after Israel wiped out Hamas (Sunnis)  therefore huge civilian deaths and infrastructure damage.in Gaza. So many senior military and diplomats have stated the only way forward is by diplomatic means. Also Vance's suggestion that Biden is slowing down Israel's defeat of Hamas; I assume he's referring to the stopping of delivery of 2000lb bombs which have proven to create massive civilian causalities. There again Vance is a right wing extremist.

Absurd comment. Do you have any idea of the implications to the House of Saud and Gulf States if Shia Iran declares victory over Israel? 

I've already explained to you that the Sunni Gulf states turned against the Palestinians due to their appalling backstabbing decision to side with Saddam Hussein. The same Saddam Hussein who attempted an invasion of Saudi Arabia, the home of Mecca and Medina, supported by the...........Palestinians. Who are now being funded by Shia Iran. The same Shia Iran who are funding a proxy war against Saudi interests in Yemen. 

Some of ya'll really need to either wake up or quit posting on these topics. 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

“They Are Everywhere”

The Palestinian community in Kuwait has grown nearly tenfold, from 37,000 in 1961 to 300,000 by 1981, or possibly 350,000 if illegal immigrants are included. Altogether, more than 600,000 Palestinians live in the Arab states of the Gulf. This is a quarter of the diaspora, more Palestinians than in Lebanon and Syria put together

Read more here

https://merip.org/1985/05/the-palestinian-diaspora-of-the-gulf/

Wikipedia 

It is estimated that more than 6 million Palestinians live in a global diaspora

Jordan 3,240,000

Israel 1,650,000

Syria 630,000

Chile 500,000 (largest Palestinian community outside the Middle East).

Lebanon 402,582

Saudi Arabia 280,245

Egypt 270,245

United States 255,000 (the largest concentrations in Chicago, Detroit and Los Angeles; History of Palestinians in Los Angeles).

Honduras 250,000

Guatemala est. 200,000

Mexico 120,000

Qatar 100,000

Germany 80,000

Kuwait 80,000

El Salvador 70,000

Brazil 59,000

Iraq 57,000

Yemen 55,000

Canada 50,975

Australia 45,000

Libya 44,000

Puerto Rico est. 30,000

Greece est. 30,000

United Kingdom 20,000

Peru 19,000

Denmark 15,000

Colombia 12,000

Japan est. 10,000

Paraguay 10,000

Netherlands 9,000

Sweden 7,000

Algeria 4,030

Austria 4,010

Norway 3,825

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_diaspora

400,000 Palestinians in Kuwait before they backstabbed their hosts by supporting Saddam Hussein. After the Palestinian Exodus of 90/91 the number reduced to 20,000. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwait–Palestine_relations

13 minutes ago, theblether said:

400,000 Palestinians in Kuwait before they backstabbed their hosts by supporting Saddam Hussein. After the Palestinian Exodus of 90/91 the number reduced to 20,000. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwait–Palestine_relations

Kuwait is not well known state for their exceptional human rights, and worse back then kuwait and many of the Arab countries included Israel treats the Palestinians like soi dogs, modern slavery it is what they using Palestinians for, as well Asians, who come there for work.

The reason and the lies used as true propaganda after Saddams invasion,  is well documented. 

Significant human rights issues included credible reports of: torture or cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment or punishment by government agents; arbitrary arrest; political prisoners and detainees; serious restrictions on free expression and media, including censorship and the existence of criminal libel laws

https://www.state.gov/reports/2022-country-reports-on-human-rights-practices/kuwait/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Kuwait is not well known state for their exceptional human rights, and worse back then kuwait and many of the Arab countries included Israel treats the Palestinians like soi dogs, modern slavery it is what they using Palestinians for, as well Asians, who come there for work.

The reason and the lies used as true propaganda after Saddams invasion,  is well documented. 

Significant human rights issues included credible reports of: torture or cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment or punishment by government agents; arbitrary arrest; political prisoners and detainees; serious restrictions on free expression and media, including censorship and the existence of criminal libel laws

https://www.state.gov/reports/2022-country-reports-on-human-rights-practices/kuwait/

I'm no fanboy of Kuwait. The Regiment I worked with, Blackhorse, 11th ACR sent some helicopter pilots to assist in the invasion and we lost some men during the clean up operation when the regiment was deployed after the war. Munitions explosions. I have more knowledge than most as many friends were deployed their during and after the war. 

24 minutes ago, theblether said:

Absurd comment. Do you have any idea of the implications to the House of Saud and Gulf States if Shia Iran declares victory over Israel? 

I've already explained to you that the Sunni Gulf states turned against the Palestinians due to their appalling backstabbing decision to side with Saddam Hussein. The same Saddam Hussein who attempted an invasion of Saudi Arabia, the home of Mecca and Medina, supported by the...........Palestinians. Who are now being funded by Shia Iran. The same Shia Iran who are funding a proxy war against Saudi interests in Yemen. 

Link to Saudis / Gulf States stated they no longer support Palestinians with the current conflict in Gaza. I'm well aware of Palestinians re Saddam and so on. I assume you are well aware of the subtilises and positions of the various Arab dictatorships which constantly change; an example below. For the meantime cease your sneering comments / personal attacks.

On May 7, Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs released a scathing statement as the Israeli military targeted the Palestinian city of Rafah, now known as the last, relatively "safe" refuge for Gaza's people. The Saudi statement highlighted the massive destruction being inflicted by the "Israeli war machine", and, going a step further, labelled Israeli actions as "genocide" - for the first time ever.

https://www.orfonline.org/research/what-s-behind-saudi-arabia-s-silence-on-gaza-an-image-makeover

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 4:43 AM, theblether said:

Read this despicable propaganda carried by Time magazine. Here, an American lawyer argues that the Abraham Accords should be abandoned because they caused October 7. You need to be really twisted to pursue that logic. 

https://time.com/6339889/cancel-abraham-accords/ 

Hamas felt that the possibility of Saudi Arabia joining the Abraham Accords could lead to annexation of the West Bank and ehtnic cleansing of the Palestinian people. Although the Kingdom was insisting that there be an irreversible two-state solution, that apparently would have followed the same negociation model as the Oslo Accords. Thirty years of that has shown that it is an unworkable process. Now public opinion in the Kingdom would not allow such a deal to proceed.

On 7/19/2024 at 4:17 PM, theblether said:

Over the years the Saudis have been quite involved in helping the Palestinians diplomatically. The tried to reconcile Hamas and Fatah.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, placnx said:

Over the years the Saudis have been quite involved in helping the Palestinians diplomatically. The tried to reconcile Hamas and Fatah.

That is correct. They also nodded through approval of other states recognising Israel via the Abraham Accords and opened their airspace to Israeli civilian aircraft. The Middle East is a complex place and the notion that merely to be a Sunni state/people gives you a pass to do what you want with the guaranteed support of other Sunni states is a nonsense.  Some of you may think this to be comical and absurd, but go watch Lawrence of Arabia as a DOCUMENTARY and not as a movie as it's the best on-screen exemplar of tribal politics ever shown about the peoples of Arabia. 

The Western view, as demonstrated by some people on this forum, that all Sunnis stick together is absurd. Far too lazy and intellectually bereft. 

1 hour ago, placnx said:

Hamas felt that the possibility of Saudi Arabia joining the Abraham Accords could lead to annexation of the West Bank and ehtnic cleansing of the Palestinian people. Although the Kingdom was insisting that there be an irreversible two-state solution, that apparently would have followed the same negociation model as the Oslo Accords. Thirty years of that has shown that it is an unworkable process. Now public opinion in the Kingdom would not allow such a deal to proceed.

That is also correct. I remember, though I haven't found a link since, that there was an Abraham Accord conference taking place in Israel on the day of the attack ( my memory may be wrong ). The Hamas attack was a direct attack on AA detente and it worked as Arab public opinion has shifted. 

Saudi Arabia wants the Palestinian issue put to bed as they are fixated on Iran. 

On 7/18/2024 at 6:25 PM, theblether said:

All the best. 

Or maybe you should stop asking rhetorical questions and provide the information yourself.