Will the Trump family become the biggest political dynasty in American history?

33 minutes ago, impulse said:

You realize that it's not just about Powell.  It's about the collective they refer to as the Borg Fed.  The Fed gave Obama 8 great years of free money.  Then they started raising rates when Trump got in.  Of course Trump pushed back, and rightfully so.

Obama inherited the 2008 financial crisis, when the banks in the US and around the world received massive bailouts. Bernanke was the Fed chair, George W Bush appointed him to succeed Greenspan, whose actions led to the financial crisis. Bernanke pushed down interest rates and engaged in quantitative easing. He was on Bush’s Council of Advisors before Bush appointed him, and was considered an expert on the economics of depressions. Obama kept him in place, then nominated Yellen to succeed him. 

No one did anything to Trump, you just have a twisted view of history. If anything you could accuse Trump nominee Powell of helping Trump by not reducing interest rates now that inflation has fallen? I read that Trump doesn’t plan to replace him. I wonder why?

6 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

After his disastrous RNC speech and low energy appearance, everything is back on the table. 

It was a good speech, I guess you are biased lol

• Haha 1

I always had the hots for Kimberly Guilfoyle because she had that giant frog mouth and made me think of John Thompson movies, so whichever of the Presidents sons is married or engaged to her I bet is a happy man. She was married to Gavin Newsome too, all I can think of Virginia Hills remark to Senator Tobey.

That being said, neither of the Trump boys have enough personality, they are too busy making money. Barron is a kid. Ivanka and Jared are into being behind the scenes rich. Tiffany is a colourless business woman with a billionaire husband. The granddaughter would rather golf, that has been a trend of rich chicks recently going to pro sports like tennis and golf. Why would she want to deal with all the political bs when she can go golf all day at Mar a Lago and do makeup with Melania. Bet she could squeeze a yacht out of Grandpa too

So any future Trumps in politics is silly to think about. Besides, its the ideas not the man, and JD is only 39.

The left had its chance since Obama. Its now over for them.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Donald Trump is a criminal, and if he succeeds to the Presidency the US has a crime organisation running the country, pretending they are a Government. It never ends well for dictators, but everyone suffers along the journey.

Well one can argue that any politician at the national level, nearly anywhere in the world is a crook and a liar. So it's not as if Trump would be an exception to the rule, the difference being that he takes it to a whole different level, in that he spent his entire career using crime, theft, and scams to become very wealthy. 

It is far easier in this life to become wealthy if you abandon all sense of truth, righteousness, and morality. Which is what Trump has done. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Well one can argue that any politician at the national level, nearly anywhere in the world is a crook and a liar. So it's not as if Trump would be an exception to the rule, the difference being that he takes it to a whole different level, in that he spent his entire career using crime, theft, and scams to become very wealthy. 

It is far easier in this life to become wealthy if you abandon all sense of truth, righteousness, and morality. Which is what Trump has done. 

I wouldn’t say that all were crooks, but they are certainly masters of “spin”, exaggerating positives and obfuscating negatives. 

Trumps ties to organised criminals, foreign and domestic, have been there most of his adult life. And he’s now taken over the GOP.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

President Trump will be the best president ever! He is not a politician or a communist like all the others. Not only does he care about the USA, but he cares about the world! He will stop all these useless wars, help other economies. He is not a thief! Wait and see.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Deputy7 said:

President Trump will be the best president ever! He is not a politician or a communist like all the others. Not only does he care about the USA, but he cares about the world! He will stop all these useless wars, help other economies. He is not a thief! Wait and see.

He never even took a paycheck his first term, he worked for free!

A ludicrous question which demeans Americas highest office. How can a narcissistic, intellectually inadequate sociopath beget any dynasty other than one of ridicule?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, retayl said:

A ludicrous question which demeans Americas highest office. How can a narcissistic, intellectually inadequate sociopath beget any dynasty other than one of ridicule?

WOW!

Jealous I didn't get to say that.

On 7/19/2024 at 6:40 AM, Chosenfew said:

Love Donald or hate him, his kids and grandkids are well educated and well behaved. I was very impressed with his granddaughter’s speech at the RNC. A very wise woman once said to me “if you have to judge a man, look to his children.” By the way, that botched assassin he dodged was divine intervention.

Gerald Ford received divine intervention twice prior to the 1976 election. He still lost.