Biden's Family Considers Potential Exit Strategy from 2024 Campaign

CharlieH

9 hours ago, shdmn said:

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Your caricature is ridiculous. As the following artilce in Rupert Murdoch's wall st. journal article noted it's only over the past several months that people who know Biden have noted a sharp change:

European officials had already been expressing worries in private about Biden’s focus and stamina before Thursday’s debate, with some senior diplomats saying they had tracked a noticeable deterioration in the president’s faculties in meetings since last summer. There were real doubts about how Biden could successfully manage a second term, but one senior European diplomat said U.S. administration officials in private discussions denied there was any problem.

https://archive.ph/CC3hP

The major measures I noted were all products of his first 2 years in office.

You forgot to mention his Afghanistan Withdrawal. That one will go down in history.

Edited by EVENKEEL

12 hours ago, candide said:

Actually, I must admit the first link was not very clear.

Here's more from the second source

https://inequality.org/great-divide/updates-billionaire-pandemic/

"The combined fortune of the nation’s 660 billionaires as of Monday, January 18, 2021 was $4.1 trillion, up 38.6% from their collective net worth of just under $3 trillion on March 18, 2020"

"On March 18, 2024, the country has 737 billionaires with a combined wealth of $5.529 trillion,"

That's + 35% compared to January 18, 2021.

To sum up

In less than one year under Trump, +38%

In three years under Biden ÷35%

But the claim that you made up, was that it was the rich did better under Trump.

Now you want to define rich as only the billionaires. 

Why not claim the poor did better under Biden than Trump, and then when you find out they actually did better under Trump, you can redefine the poor as school teachers. 

Why not admit you just regurgitated something you heard somewhere and move on?

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave..." 

11 hours ago, Tug said:

Joe just endorsed Kamala oh boy wouldn’t that be just stellar if trump loses to a woman lol and of color omg his diaper would explode!!

Please let it be Kamala, but it will not be, even with hill & bill's endorsement 

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So it will be Harris.

I think Harris should pick her vp right now so both of them can start campaigning full time.

Vance was a horrible pick. He's highly vulnerable. 

If you give me 2-1 I've got 1,000 says it's not Kamala...

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Clearly, he hardly achieved anything...except a trillion dollar infrastructure bill (Trump repeatedly promised one but never delivered on it), a major upgrade to Obamacare that made it affordable to the middle class and paid for itself through taxes (Trump now claims he supports Obamacare and never tried to kill it), giving enough funding to the IRS so it can, among other things go after the rich who have been evading taxes (Trump starved it) and instituting a program to let taxpayers have their taxes figured by the IRS for free), establlshed an industrial policy to bring manufacturing back to the USA (all Trump did was raise tariffs) and deny China access to advanced chip technology ((all Trump did was raise tariffs), cut back on the deceitful use by companies like McDonalds to classify low paid workers as managers in order to deny them overtime, and lots more.

That's hilarious. And how are all the great infrastructure projects doing? 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

But the claim that you made up, was that it was the rich did better under Trump.

Now you want to define rich as only the billionaires. 

Why not claim the poor did better under Biden than Trump, and then when you find out they actually did better under Trump, you can redefine the poor as school teachers. 

Why not admit you just regurgitated something you heard somewhere and move on?

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave..." 

Ok, I correct my assertion.

When this trend started, the billionaires ldid 3 times better under Trump than under Biden.

I assume it is a relevant indicator for the "rich" category evoked by Yellowtail. Yellowtail (who never defined this category) disagrees with it, while providing no data, as usual.

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

As has been pointed out already, a sharp decline was noted in the past several months by Europeans. Not dating back to 2019. And George Clooney, who held a big fund raiser for Biden on June 15 noticed a sharp decline from a few months before that. And given the extraordinary achievements of the Biden administration during the first 2 years, maybe Trump could have used some of that alleged dementia given the paucity of his achievements.

Yet we were told he was great, right up until the debate, and even in the weeks after the debate, liars like Kamala Harris were still saying he was great. 

And liars George Cluny and Barak Obama were still saying he was great right up until the debate, even though they clearly and admittedly knew he was not. 

Now we are supposed to believe them when the liars claim it was something sudden, right. 

Only leftists will believe that. 

3 minutes ago, candide said:

Ok, I correct my assertion.

When this trend started, the billionaires ldid 3 times better under Trump than under Biden.

I assume it is a relevant indicator for the "rich" category evoked by Yellowtail. Yellowtail (who never defined this category) disagrees with it, while providing no data, as usual.

Thanks for coming clean, but why would it be up to me to define the terms used it your false claims? 

Why did you not just say billionaires to start with? 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Thanks for coming clean, but why would it be up to me to define the terms used it your false claims? 

Why did you not just say billionaires to start with? 

I replied to your claim that the rich got richer under Biden. So what is this "rich" category you were mentioning and what has been their wealth increase under Biden?

4 minutes ago, candide said:

I replied to your claim that the rich got richer under Biden. So what is this "rich" category you were mentioning and what has been their wealth increase under Biden?

Are you claiming the rich did not get richer under Biden and that I am wrong?

14 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Are you claiming the rich did not get richer under Biden and that I am wrong?

So you made a claim you are not able to back with data. Did you just repeat what you read in right-wing media?

On top of it, if you don't define "the rich" and which indicator you were referring to, how can a comparison with the situation under Trump be made?

Edited by candide

9 minutes ago, candide said:

So you made a claim you are not able to back with data. Did you just repeat what you read in right-wing media?

On top of it, if you don't define "the rich" and which indicator you were referring to, how can a comparison with the situation under Trump be made?

Sorry, I thought we agreed the rich got richer, I thought you had been saying that all along, but here you go:

Was the economy better under Trump or Biden? A comparison in 8 charts. - Vox

Timed to coincide with National Ice Cream Day 2024.

Think of the legacy reminder: Every yesr on the 3rd Sunday in July American's can be thankful that on this day in history failed President Biden quit, dropped out of the election and by doing so delivered America and the world a huge solid!

LOL

BidenquitsonNationalIceCreamDay.thumb.jpg.792f8aa9fa34bfa97695fcb5d0bc2832.jpg

Reminder of Biden, the failed incompetent moron who quit on National Ice Cream Day 2024

Link to attached photo

3 hours ago, candide said:

There is no data about the rich getting richer in your source. Did you read it? It seems not. You do that a lot. 😀

No, I didn't read it, but the charts show both the economy and the market way up under Biden. Do you not agree that given the strong economy and market at all-time highs under Biden that the rich got richer? Even I got richer. 

How's this: America's Wealthiest Got $195 Billion Richer in Biden's First 100 Days - Business Insider

14 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No, I didn't read it, but the charts show both the economy and the market way up under Biden. Do you not agree that given the strong economy and market at all-time highs under Biden that the rich got richer? Even I got richer. 

How's this: America's Wealthiest Got $195 Billion Richer in Biden's First 100 Days - Business Insider

So after complaining that data about billionaires were not representative of "the rich", you now link a source showing data about billionaires! 😀

I also note that one of the main source cited by this article (reports from IPS and ATF) is the same as was used by the source I linked previously.

My point is not that the rich did not become  richer (they usually do), my point is that their wealth increased much more under Trump, when this trend of strong wealth growth started.

32 minutes ago, candide said:

So after complaining that data about billionaires were not representative of "the rich", you now link a source showing data about billionaires! 😀

I also note that one of the main source cited by this article (reports from IPS and ATF) is the same as was used by the source I linked previously.

My point is not that the rich did not become  richer (they usually do), my point is that their wealth increased much more under Trump, when this trend of strong wealth growth started.

And my point was only that the rich got richer under Biden, not that they got richer more under Biden than under Trump. 

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

And my point was only that the rich got richer under Biden, not that they got richer more under Biden than under Trump. 

And you were criticizing Biden about it.

My point is that it was meaningless as the trend started under Trump, and as the annual rate of wealth increase actually decreased quite significantly under Biden.

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You forgot to mention his Afghanistan Withdrawal. That one will go down in history.

You forgot to note that Trump shares a huge amount of the blame in this. He essentially turned over most of Afghanistan to the Taliban. In fact, in the waning days of his administration he even ordered a complete withdrawal from Afghanistan which the military leadership ignored.

Trump ordered rapid withdrawal from Afghanistan after election loss

President Donald Trump ordered a rapid withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Afghanistan and Somalia in the wake of his 2020 election loss, but senior officials never followed through on the plan, according to testimony released by the congressional January 6 committee on Thursday.

“The order was for an immediate withdrawal, and it would have been catastrophic,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., one of two Republican members of the special panel. “And yet President Trump signed the order.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2022/10/13/trump-ordered-rapid-withdrawal-from-afghanistan-after-election-loss/

By the way, just to forestall a possible irrelevant objection from you, I condemn the military for not obeying the order of the commander-in-chief. It's clear that was a dereliction of duty.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

And you were criticizing Biden about it.

My point is that it was meaningless as the trend started under Trump, and as the annual rate of wealth increase actually decreased quite significantly under Biden.

No, I was not criticizing Biden for it. Someone made a claim that the economy was great under Biden and referenced the all-time high of the market as proof. What I said was that no one ever claimed the rich did not get richer under Biden.

I like that the rich get richer. 

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You forgot to note that Trump shares a huge amount of the blame in this. He essentially turned over most of Afghanistan to the Taliban. In fact, in the waning days of his administration he even ordered a complete withdrawal from Afghanistan which the military leadership ignored.

President Donald Trump ordered a rapid withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Afghanistan and Somalia in the wake of his 2020 election loss, but senior officials never followed through on the plan, according to testimony released by the congressional January 6 committee on Thursday.

“The order was for an immediate withdrawal, and it would have been catastrophic,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., one of two Republican members of the special panel. “And yet President Trump signed the order.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2022/10/13/trump-ordered-rapid-withdrawal-from-afghanistan-after-election-loss/

By the way, just to forestall a possible irrelevant objection from you, I condemn the military for not obeying the order of the commander-in-chief. It's clear that was a dereliction of duty.

Yes, everyone knows that Afghanistan was all Trump's fault, just like flushing Iraq down the toilet was all Bushe's fault. 

Biden (like Obama after Bush) was able to undue virtually everything his predecessor did, stop the wall, open the border, cut energy production, cancel pipelines, decimate title nine, but with Afghanistan, (like with Obama and Iraq) his hands were absolutely tied.  

You'll only get kids and other leftists to buy into that nonsense. 

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

The topic is biden and he will be remembered for the withdrawal. 

30 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Which should be understood in the context of Trump having already agreed to a complete withdrawal.

What should be understood is when you take over the watch you should have a plan already mapped out. He had plenty of time, he bungled it so bad and then like you blames it on the off going watch.

19 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

What should be understood is when you take over the watch you should have a plan already mapped out. He had plenty of time, he bungled it so bad and then like you blames it on the off going watch.

What you don't seem to understand is that Trump  had already ordered the withdrawal of 40% of American troops and a pullback to Kabul. So the only way for Biden to protect American troops had they overstayed the agreement was to reinvade Afghanistan. Given the the US and Afghani troops had already lost control of most of the areas they held, it would have meant relaunching the war.

Just now, placeholder said:

What you don't seem to understand is that Trump  had already ordered the withdrawal of 40% of American troops and a pullback to Kabul. So the only way for Biden to protect American troops had they overstayed the agreement was to reinvade Afghanistan. Given the the US and Afghani troops had already lost control of most of the areas they held, it would have meant relaunching the war.

Biden went against the advice of Miley and other generals. Biden takes the hit on this, plain and simple. 

No more copy and paste please.

45 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Biden went against the advice of Miley and other generals. Biden takes the hit on this, plain and simple. 

No more copy and paste please.

"No more copy and paste please." = "No more facts please."