Expats angry at huge concessions in latest Thai visa announcements

35 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

Oh, now it's getting visually "creative".

I'd bet after you learned that, you came to the conclusion, that you belong to the first group.

Of course!  After all, I support Trump!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

No. You're delusional. Just check what the GDP influence of expats in Thailand is.

Correct.

Actually,  its just the other way round. "GDP influence" is not at all what counts. Impact on the money the elites can siphon off a country is what counts. 

A farang in Surin, buying his mia farang a house, a motorbike,  a pickup and paying her daily expenses - how much exactly do the PTB (a word I learned on AN :smile:) get from this?

The Chinese understand this.  You pay off the elites.  If you are triad member XY, you pay the police chef of your province - who is not very high in the hierarchy, so its risky. If you are a national triad boss in China, you have to pay off at a much higher level, and then its not risky anymore. 

Off course,  you could never do this in squeaky clean places like Singapore (3bn anybody?), von der Leyen's Europe, or Thailand.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Maitdjai said:

This is the empty, unreflected, nothing-saying reflex of stupid opportunists, within the TiT expat cloud. Lol.

So you’re stuck in Thailand?  No way out or place to go to anymore but deep down inside you would love to leave but financially incapable.

You have given your assessment of my post and I have given you my assessment of yours.

If I am correct in my assessment about you, don’t feel alone.

Many in the same situation but too proud to admit they made the wrong choices.

Deal with the situation the best you can.

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

So you’re stuck in Thailand?  No way out or place to go to anymore but deep down inside you would love to leave but financially incapable.

You have given your assessment of my post and I have given you my assessment of yours.

If I am correct in my assessment about you, don’t feel alone.,

Many in the same ,situation but too proud to admit they made the wrong choices.

Dear Mr. "G_Money",

(the nicknames often tell, what to expect)

too many obsolete assumptions, kitchen table analyses about me

(you don't even have a glance), and all those "deplorable" (?) Expats.

If you're a Trump supporter,

you should learn from him,

not from social media!

He tells you, "It's all fake".

So all of the smart conclusions you make in your ivory tower, might be fake either.

Btw,

"Opportunists" shouldn't talk about "Pride".

One attribute is taking out the other.

Edited by Maitdjai
  • Confused 1

On 7/21/2024 at 1:11 PM, JimHuaHin said:

The Thai authorities seem to have a very limited understanding of the economic situation in many foreign countries and a similar comprehension of the economic/financial situation of many expats who are now living (almost) permanently in Thailand.

and perhaps they have a very good understanding of it and their wish is that all long stay farangs depart for good. Just deporting all legal long stayers would not be looked on favourably by other governments, but if they go home voluntarily that's OK.

40 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

Dear Mr. "G_Money",

(the nicknames often tell, what to expect)

too many obsolete assumptions, kitchen table analyses about me

(you don't even have a glance), and all those "deplorable" (?) Expats.

If you're a Trump supporter,

you should learn from him,

not from social media!

He tells you, "It's all fake".

So all of the smart conclusions you make in your ivory tower, might be fake either.

Btw,

"Opportunists" shouldn't talk about "Pride".

One attribute is taking out the other.

So my assumption was correct,

You sound exactly like the ones who have been stranded in Thailand WAY too long.

Eventually they lose their minds.

Edited by G_Money
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

If I am correct in my assessment about you, don’t feel alone.

Many in the same situation but too proud to admit they made the wrong choices.

But, you are stuck in a flat in LOS....🥴

2 minutes ago, G_Money said:

You sound exactly like the ones who have been stranded in Thailand WAY too long.

Bit like you then.............:huh:

On 7/24/2024 at 3:21 AM, Maitdjai said:

Sure, with dodgy agencies.

They're even advertising on FB.

Everything in 1 hour...

By the rule, at first you need a residence certificate from the IO to obtain a DL (for example).

I doubt, if IO give that to you on a VE stamp. For what reason?

What for, a VE "tourist" needs a DL, bank account, or WP? To buy a property? Lol.

All of this is the intention of

Non-O and -B visas.

The circumvent only "works" in "bulk" processing, beneath connected pals from "certain" agencies. TiT.

Dodgy demands need dodgy processing.

Yes.. True.. But my point was only that there is no rule against getting the driving license on a normal visa exemption stamp for example.. The requirements are still like you say certificate of residence, health certificate. Then either take the road test with the theory first and all that. OR convert your existing license from home country and do a color and reaction test(the latter requirements are different from province to province). There is no need for a "dodgy"processing actually. I thought you needed some kind of visa to do this, but you do not. At least not in the past. I think its still the same.

23 minutes ago, transam said:

But, you are stuck in a flat in LOS....🥴

I see the sedative has worn off.

You know I travel back and forth freely maintaining residences in the USA (own) and Thailand (rent ONLY).  No reason to be stuck in any one place.

I refuse to burn my bridges from America for Thailand.  A foolish decision me thinks.

Don’t you agree?

6 minutes ago, G_Money said:

I see the sedative has worn off.

You know I travel back and forth freely maintaining residences in the USA (own) and Thailand (rent ONLY).  No reason to be stuck in any one place.

I refuse to burn my bridges from America for Thailand.  A foolish decision me thinks.

Don’t you agree?

I know nothing of the sort, you often tell lies on here anyway, but you have admitted living in a flat...🤔

1 minute ago, G_Money said:

For someone who is always accusing others members of lies, you’re doing a remarkable job yourself.

I suppose being stuck in a room all day can have that effect.

IMG_3095.jpeg

🤣...........How embarrassing, next you will give us a photo of your Gucci suitcase.........🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

🤣...........How embarrassing, next you will give us a photo of your Gucci suitcase.........🤣

Only if you ask nicely, and say please.

Edited by G_Money

Eventually they lose their minds.

Sure, idiots are always convinced, that they're correct, and all others lost their minds.

That's one reason, why its so difficult to help them.

Anyway, as long, as there is no threat to the public, no sedation, or (mental) asylum is nessecary.

59 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Only if you ask nicely, and say please.

Come on, don't hesitate.

You're yearning so desperately to show off. Now you have the opportunity.

Lol.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

Sure, idiots are always convinced, that they're correct, and all others lost their minds.

That's one reason, why its so difficult to help them.

Anyway, as long, as there is no threat to the public, no sedation, or (mental) asylum is nessecary.

Thank you for proving my assessment was correct.

Most notably:  losing one’s mind.

Edited by G_Money

21 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

Come on, don't hesitate.

You're yearning so desperately to show off. Now you have the opportunity.

Lol.

You two get along well.

Must live in the same building or share a room together to cut expenses.

Another accurate assessment?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, G_Money said:

You two get along well.

Must live in the same building or share a room together to cut expenses.

Another accurate assessment?

No, you are the one that lives in the same building with others, you told us so.....😂

8 minutes ago, transam said:

No, you are the one that lives in the same building with others, you told us so.....😂

True I live in a building.

But I don’t share my room with another man.

You two would make a nice couple (roommates). You both think alike and have similar qualities.

Shall I organize a formal introduction of you two?

Edited by G_Money

13 minutes ago, G_Money said:

True I live in a building.

But I don’t share my room with another man.

You two would make a nice couple (roommates). You both think alike and have similar qualities.

Shall I organize a formal introduction of you two?

You get on with and support Trump, does that mean you want to live with him........?:unsure:

3 minutes ago, transam said:

You get on with and support Trump, does that mean you want to live with him........?:unsure:

Mar A Lago seems like a nice place.  

On 7/22/2024 at 3:40 PM, tomacht8 said:

I see taxes and visa options as a total package to stay longer in a country. Anyone who stays in Thailand for more than 180 days a year becomes a tax resident. For example, anyone who has transferred 3-4 million baht per year to Thailand runs the risk of paying 30% in taxes. At 4 million, that's around 1.3 million. The new regulations make it possible to commute often between Thailand and other countries in order to achieve a maximum stay of 179 days cost-effectively if you want to avoid tax resident status.

Good post with one major error.

You will be taxed in Thailand on your total global income regardless of how much of your income you bring into Thailand.

And thanks to global tax agreements (OECD) all Thailand's Revenue Department has to do to find your total income, is to  contact/look up your home country's Tax Department (it will probably be available online for them as well).

• Confused 1

On 7/22/2024 at 11:14 PM, OldmanJ said:

With all these changes with visa's going 0n why doesn't someone think about making it easier for someone who is married to a Thai maybe with children and living in Thailand.Or is it because non Thai's are not welcome long term.

The answer to your last question is yes.

• Confused 1

On 7/23/2024 at 12:16 AM, mania said:

Well Non Thai ladies are welcome 😉

Did you know that when a Thai Man marries a foreign lady she gets to stay without visa & even gets citizenship?

It is foreign men who marry Thai Ladies that are made to jump thru hoops

That's because the local men are insecure and well aware of their inadequaces.

• Haha 1