Ex-Pats targeted on Sky Train

On 7/31/2024 at 4:44 PM, marin said:

I had 3 covid injections all free and provided by the government. 3 different locations in reality.

It was only available at one time in BKK, then the site they gave us to register outside was problematic they wanted 2 pages of your PP uploaded but it would only except 1, so I took a screen shot of both pages together, that was excepted, and I waited in vain for the e-mail to go to my hospital, it never came, it was my wife who being a health volunteer got my appointment sorted, all the falang I met there had not received any e-mail, they just turned up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/2/2024 at 8:15 AM, 2baht said:

and then speeds up when they realise just how many farang there are to rip off!

Many farangs chose to live here for retirement. Why choose a country where you feel you get discriminated against? Ppl who worked here, paid tax, have a Thai family should be treated equal. But there is an option...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Well, the immigrants coming into my country in hordes get everything for free, including housing and washing machines, all at the expense of the natives.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, not just any washing machine but a Miele, one of the most expensive washing machines in Europe.

All paid for by taxpayers' money grabbed from the people, easy huh, playing nice with other people's money.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, not just any washing machine but a Miele, one of the most expensive washing machines in Europe.

All paid for by taxpayers' money grabbed from the people, easy huh, playing nice with other people's money.

Gammon man gets angry at washing machine brand.

You are polluting a BTS thread, but please do share the source of your outrage at all immigrants being given Miele washing machines. Thanks.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/20/2024 at 4:52 PM, John Drake said:

I guess the MRT must be different from the BTS. I haven't ridden on either for several years now. But I remember when I hit Thai retirement age and went and asked for the senior pass on the BTS. Supplied them with ID, visa, and work permit. No good. Not Thai. Didn't have an idea that I could have used one on the MRT--apparently until last week.

The BTS senior discount has always been Thai citizen only.  MRT has been 1/2 price for seniors for more than 10 years, regardless of nationality.  To bad it's been changed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Doesn't affect me because I have no desire to use any facility that has double pricing. Now if they charged farang double for a bottle of scotch, I might start rocking the boat. Maybe I'm tempting fate by even mentioning this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Letseng said:

Ppl who worked here, paid tax, have a Thai family should be treated equal.

Agreed, though It won't happen in my life time. The only way to be somewhat equal is to be born here and even that has it's inequalities!

I've seen and heard of many examples of the Thais double pricing, so a foreigner has to pay anything from 2 or 4 times what a Thai does, up to maybe 20 times as much. Two days ago I visited Wat Arun with the TGF for the first time. All the online guides had said it cost 100 Baht admission fee, which seemed fine to me, a total of 200 Baht for me and the GF. When we got there, though, the sign clearly said 200 Baht admission fee, so I sighed and handed over 400 Baht to the lady behind the counter. The GF jumped in and yak-yakked here and she gave me 200 Baht back. Apparently, entry is free for Thais and 200 Baht for foreigners, an infinite mark-up for farangs compared with Thais. Well I can't really complain as I'd expected to pay 200 Baht at the outset and ended up paying 200 Baht, but it's still kind of annoying after living for 20 years in this country.

• Like 2