Kamala Harris Running Mate Update: Jim Clyburn Names Three Governors as Potential VP Picks

Social Media

Word is that both Gov. Tim Balz and Secretary Pete Buttigeig are being seriously considered.

Objectively Buttigeig is the best of the best as far as intelligence and character

but he lacks elected office experience other than small town mayor and also of course the gay thing which in my opinion is a wash. 

Bigots will vote for the maga fascists anyway and many voters will be energized and excited by electing a gay VP. Also he's a midwesterner.

He has proven electoral appeal based on the primaries that nominated Biden.

Balz also a midwesterner is older and looks it. I don't really know him but I suppose he would bring gravitas to the ticket comforting the white man vote.

I still favor Shapiro but I think any of the picks on the short list would be quite good and much much stronger than Trump's mistake to pick Vance.

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Strong men don't need strong women. They provide the strength themselves.

Just as strong women don't need strong men.

Kamala is weak. So is Joe. Kamala was defeated at the first stage when she relied on votes instead of social climbing via the bedroom.

Trump took a bullet and rose his fist before he even got in the car. While the DEI hires cowered behind him. That is strength. That is leadership. Everyone sees it.

Lol! Trump, the bone spurred strong man who is continuously whining and lying because he is unable to face reality! 🤣

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Strong men don't need strong women. They provide the strength themselves.

Just as strong women don't need strong men.

Kamala is weak. So is Joe. Kamala was defeated at the first stage when she relied on votes instead of social climbing via the bedroom.

Trump took a bullet and rose his fist before he even got in the car. While the DEI hires cowered behind him. That is strength. That is leadership. Everyone sees it.

You have no idea what is character strength is. More importantly you never had it and have no idea what it is.

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Word is that both Gov. Tim Balz and Secretary Pete Buttigeig are being seriously considered.

Objectively Buttigeig is the best of the best as far as intelligence and character

but he lacks elected office experience other than small town mayor and also of course the gay thing which in my opinion is a wash. 

Bigots will vote for the maga fascists anyway and many voters will be energized and excited by electing a gay VP. Also he's a midwesterner.

He has proven electoral appeal based on the primaries that nominated Biden.

Balz also a midwesterner is older and looks it. I don't really know him but I suppose he would bring gravitas to the ticket comforting the white man vote.

I still favor Shapiro but I think any of the picks on the short list would be quite good and much much stronger than Trump's mistake to pick Vance.

I think Buttigeig has zero chance.  I believe Mark Kelly would be the best choice. Former Navy Captain, former Astronaut, politicial newbie when he was elected to the Senate in 2020 and the son of police officers.  He outhines Vance in just about every box. If Kelly was the VP Nominee I as a lifelong Republican would probably vote for Harris.  I would be voting for Kelly and not necessary for Harris. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I think Buttigeig has zero chance.  I believe Mark Kelly would be the best choice. Former Navy Captain, former Astronaut, politicial newbie when he was elected to the Senate in 2020 and the son of police officers.  He outhines Vance in just about every box. If Kelly was the VP Nominee I as a lifelong Republican would probably vote for Harris.  I would be voting for Kelly and not necessary for Harris. 

Spaceman, Senator, V.P. Pick? Kamala Harris Sizes Up Mark Kelly.
The Arizona senator, a Navy veteran and former astronaut, has an almost impossibly strong political résumé. But an overlooked asset is his expertise on the Southern border.

NY Times July 26, 2024

The rugged border lands around Douglas, Ariz., dip through precipitous canyons and shoot skyward on rocky mountain walls, impossible terrain for a 30-foot steel bollard wall but not for the cartels smuggling people and contraband from Mexico.

Senator Mark Kelly, an Arizona Democrat under consideration to be Vice President Kamala Harris’s running mate, knows this expanse well — a fact that even the state’s Republicans acknowledge.

https://archive.is/PJm4N#selection-4533.0-4537.172

8 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Spaceman, Senator, V.P. Pick? Kamala Harris Sizes Up Mark Kelly.
The Arizona senator, a Navy veteran and former astronaut, has an almost impossibly strong political résumé. But an overlooked asset is his expertise on the Southern border.

NY Times July 26, 2024

The rugged border lands around Douglas, Ariz., dip through precipitous canyons and shoot skyward on rocky mountain walls, impossible terrain for a 30-foot steel bollard wall but not for the cartels smuggling people and contraband from Mexico.

Senator Mark Kelly, an Arizona Democrat under consideration to be Vice President Kamala Harris’s running mate, knows this expanse well — a fact that even the state’s Republicans acknowledge.

https://archive.is/PJm4N#selection-4533.0-4537.172

Then she could delegate what was delegated to her. 

• Sad 1

Is this the big clue who will Kamala Harris pick as running mate? She will make the announcement on Monday and that person will join her in the rally. Oh my Josh! 

Kamala Harris to visit Philadelphia for campaign rally with running mate Tuesday

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Is this the big clue who will Kamala Harris pick as running mate? She will make the announcement on Monday and that person will join her in the rally. Oh my Josh! 

Kamala Harris to visit Philadelphia for campaign rally with running mate Tuesday

I really am hopeful he is the one as his PA is crucial to Blue Wall path.

"Vice President Kamala Harris is expected to announce her running mate by Tuesday, when she will hold her first rally with her pick in Philadelphia."

This is from Politico. Does this mean Josh Shapiro? It kind of makes sense because Shapiro is the Governor of PA. 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

If so how does Shapiro play in Michigan, AZ or NV?