Interesting Bar Story

JimTripper

4 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Women to stick with (like my awesome super duper wife)

100% Chinese with a porcelain skin.

Master's degree and high paying job.

Woman that speaks her mind and yells at you when if you pizz her off.... not do the Thai quiet style, so you never really know the person you met, and you never really know what is coming to you.

No kids ever.  No need to take care of someone's else property,

Mother / Father have a good work ethic and don't expect her daughter to provide for them with YOUR money.

Very very very difficult to find older women without kids. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

What I do understand if you need an income to live here, you really should not be here. And running/'owning' a bar is about the worst scenario I can think of.

I agree. Living within your means is rare anywhere, however. If you can really do that everything is Ok.

5 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I agree. Living within your means is rare anywhere, however. If you can really do that everything is Ok.

I wouldn't have dreamed of moving to Thailand if I couldn't live within my means, I knew what wages were, here, and that was before I knew anything about having to have a work permit, I had a 20yr plan that worked out fine. I first visited Thailand in about 1985.

Moved here when I was about 53 and haven't needed to work since.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Seems like a genuinely naive guy, so my only advice to any newb 60-year-old virgins would be to read and research Thai forums for the past 20 years as I did before moving here at the tender age of 39.

Women to avoid or you will cry:

Women with children.

Prostitutes and bargirls.

No degree and no job.

woman that are more than a decade younger than you. 

Women to stick with (like my awesome super duper wife)

100% Chinese with a porcelain skin.

Master's degree and high paying job.

Woman that speaks her mind and yells at you when if you pizz her off.... not do the Thai quiet style, so you never really know the person you met, and you never really know what is coming to you.

No kids ever.  No need to take care of someone's else property,

Mother / Father have a good work ethic and don't expect her daughter to provide for them with YOUR money.

Don't get triggered not ya'all

You find it hard to believe? She LITEEALLY admits in in the audio clip.

Disagree,

Bang 'em all, but never pay more than you can afford.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

I wouldn't call it rare I know of many Ex-pats that live within their means.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I wouldn't call it rare I know of many Ex-pats that live within their means.

It may look like that temporarily. There are many more that succumb to drinking, partying, scams, women...

They will never tell you that, however. Would you see this guy going down the rabbit hole if you visited his bar early on? It would appear as if he were living the dream, though you may wonder why he seemed "so happy", usually because he over extended himself. Beware of people and situations that seem to perfect.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1

OP subject now being sued by a Thai for defamation. His recent YT vid gives a full update plus a bizzare story about how the suit came about. I couldn't give the vid more than 5 minutes of my time, I'm afraid. The comments are a good read though.

On 7/24/2024 at 10:41 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Who of us would "buy" a business back home in the name of someone else? And maybe that someone else is someone with another language which we can't speak and can't write. It's a stupid idea. 

And there are enough guys out there who did this stupid idea and can confirm that it is a stupid idea. So why do it? Because my one is different?

I guess because there's a lot of really stupid farangs