Australian Father Seeks Help to Find Missing Son in Phuket

webfact

5 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

He was probably shacked up with "Noi" and "Lek" at their apartment and having the time of his life.  

More like Phrakan, Chet or Dara as he probably still in the closet.. 

5 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Jeez, a 28 year old can't go on a holiday unless he reports daily to mommy.

I can’t go also. I must report 90 days🤔

Edited by Tarteso
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Strange, not any report of Missing man in Police station?

Strange, not any report of you reading the OP...

"...on Tuesday (July 23rd), a volunteer lawyer at the Chalong Police Station received a formal assistance request..."

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mokwit said:

Thanks for nothing. It is because of these kind of "not posted on FB" that we had the TM30 forced on us. Seems it didn't do much to locate this person - perhaps Imm should focus on condo owners and hotels not filing rather than just people extending at an Imm office.

That won't solve the problem.

We need GPS tethers allowing for only restricted movement without official written application to move location submitted to appropriate authorities.

Tourist landing and departure taxes must be raised to fund additional BMW smart cars.

7 hours ago, wensiensheng said:
7 hours ago, n00dle said:

what a bunch of kuntz you lot are

How insightful. But regrettably unhelpful, in the sense that it appears to simply be an insult that adds nothing to the conversation.

What was the point posting it, one wonders?

Do you see the irony of your comment suggesting that his comment "adds nothing to the conversation"?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, ronster said:

So why won't he talk to his family then ?

Nobody's business but his. He's a grown man. Likely he had a falling out. We can be glad nothing has happened to him. I'm sure that he doesn't want all of this attention. 

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Gawd...another fairy tale.   That is not how Interpol works.  But, after "they had found you" why, and how, could they have "made you phone home"...were you a minor? 

Absolutely right. Why ignorant people post such things is baffling. Overinflated ego? Probably some need to feel important for people who are otherwise losers with no self respect or self esteem. Interpol indeed. Next you will hear him claim that Austin Powers once saved him from Dr. Evil. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, whoflundung said:

I went missing for 5 years for family Interpol came to my farm in Isan and made me phone home. Quite a surprise them lot on my door step.

And did Austin Powers show up in  his Mini Cooper? Do the easter bunny and Santa Claus pay you regular visits? Have you always been a pathological liar? Next time you want to make up a story you might want to try and make it minimally believable. Most of us know that Interpol is not a  law enforcement agency and has no agents with arresting powers. It functions as an administrative liaison among the law enforcement agencies of the member countries, providing communications and database assistance, mostly through its central headquarters in Lyon. Good luck with your next fairy tale. 

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Jeez, a 28 year old can't go on a holiday unless he reports daily to mommy.

Last I checked , the article said 15 days. Everyone has different norms of communication with friends and family. Just because the dad thinks something is off doesn't mean he was being coddled. 

But if it makes you feel tough to post that , go ahead 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

i spent 2.5 years travelling around the world mostly overland, the internet was in its infancy and few countries had internet cafes, i would go weeks, sometimes months, without being able to contact home. postcards and the occasional phone call. the world has certainly changed.

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Cobblers.

Reason given by a senior IO in an interview.

JUST STOP WITH THE "COBBLERS" etc to mine and everybody's posts when you don't know what you are talking about. The know it all who doesn't know anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree with the 1st poster. The places that he stayed at and didn’t file a TM30 should be fined. Why is it that all of the foreigners living here have to have the headaches of reporting this, or being fined, but the hotels or guesthouses get off Scott free. Would have saved his father a trip. 

• Agree 2