Trump's pick of JD Vance a hopefully fatal mistake for his maga fascist movement

3 minutes ago, BigStar said:

No. The writers on Project 2025 aren't among Trump's current advisors, except in the sense that anyone may "advise" Trump if he wishes. Lots of our forum members, including yourself and other cat ladies, are constantly engaged in advising Trump. The Lincoln Project advises Trump, and you love it. The fraudulent 1619 Project helps the brainless left rewrite history, and your hero of the moment, Kamala, listens.

The project received varied reactions from political figures. Then-Democratic Senator Kamala Harris praised it in a tweet, stating "The #1619Project is a powerful and necessary reckoning of our history. We cannot understand and address the problems of today without speaking truth about how we got here."[30]

--Wikipedia

"Advisors" aren't staff, as you know but are lying about.

Well, that and the "Heritage Foundation" has been at it for over fifty years.

• Agree 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

The VP can be worth a couple of points in the election.

Too bad for Trump.

Vance is better than Pence and Harris. As usual you have no idea.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

I have removed a number of reported trolling flame posts, which break the forum rules. I am not here to censor opinions, but just falsely calling another poster a “Russian” is not constructive discussion.

Rule 10. You will not post troll messages. Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonising  forum members by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other members into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Rule 31. You will not publicly discuss other members or post any member's personal information including but not limited to  emails, social media messages, private messages, photos or website details.

If VPs are worth anything, then Vance was a clever pick. He will shore up support in the Rust Belt states and swing states in the same area.  I cant see too many ex steel workers voting for Kamala.  

• Haha 2

I have removed a post, against forum rules, which uses an acronym for something that is not a recognised medical condition but rather an urban phrase. Such usage is inherently derogatory and contributes to a toxic conversational environment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

The authors of Project 2025 were mostly Trump staff

Where's the apology to our forum members for lying? "Were" isn't "are." And another lie: mostly.

and are likely to be staff again i

And you made that up. Oh, this gon' happen, that gon' happen. Orange Man BAD!!!

Get over it.

Get over it yourself. You'd be much happier and stop wasting so much of your time and that of other forum members if you got over your obsession against Trump.

Edited by BigStar
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Where's the apology to our forum members for lying? "Were" isn't "are." And another lie: mostly.

And you made that up. Oh, this gon' happen, that gon' happen. Orange Man BAD!!!

Get over it yourself. You'd be much happier and stop wasting so much of your time and that of other forum members if you got over your obsession against Trump.

He does not spend much time posting. He just makes stuff up or regurgitates what other say. 

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Ann Coulter explains why Repubs don't fear Kamala, but Dems do fear JD Vance, hence the usual outpouring of lies and nonsense.

So Biden endorsed Harris to stick it to the Dems for dropping him.........?..........555

(Are there any American authors who are not 'best-selling'?)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

So Biden endorsed Harris to stick it to the Dems for dropping him.........?..........555

That, too.🙂 But now he's in trouble with Jill. She's been extraordinarily quiet recently, heh. Serve him right if she won't lead him off the stage and help him down the stairs anymore!

Edited by BigStar
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

(Are there any American authors who are not 'best-selling'?)

Biden endorsed her because it was in his best interest, like everything he does. 

Now his on wanting to pack the court and whatnot, yes?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Biden endorsed her because it was in his best interest, like everything he does. 

Now his on wanting to pack the court and whatnot, yes?

More unpack I would have said.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Buttigieg killing it again on the Daily Show pointing out some of the Republican and J D Vance weaknesses. 

Hey, does Mayor "Pete" Buttigieg not look a bit like a young, wussified Ron Perlman?

Yeah, Vance is a weirdo, Growing up poor, joining the Marines after high school, graduating summa cum laude from Ohio State with a BA (in two years) and then getting his JD from Yale Law School where he was Editor of the "Yale Law Journal", and then getting married and having three kids. Those are all thinks weirdos do. 

As Republicans, we can't be having any intelligent, male, patriotic, white, heterosexual weirdos running for office in the US.

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Hey, does Mayor "Pete" Buttigieg not look a bit like a young, wussified Ron Perlman?

Yeah, Vance is a weirdo, Growing up poor, joining the Marines after high school, graduating summa cum laude from Ohio State with a BA (in two years) and then getting his JD from Yale Law School where he was Editor of the "Yale Law Journal", and then getting married and having three kids. Those are all thinks weirdos do. 

As Republicans, we can't be having any intelligent, male, patriotic, white, heterosexual weirdos running for office in the US.

That's all good of course.  I actually was impressed with him in the past as he seemed clever and direct. It's that now he's a VP proposition some of his views and policies are getting focused on and they are not all good and a Buttigieg strength is focusing on such in a fairly down to earth and sensible manner. His appearance on Fox recently nailed it too as has been discussed. 

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

More unpack I would have said.

Fudge-pack more like...(just kidding) 

If it were a liberal/activist court like is has been for the last fifty year, he would be praising it. But since it's recently swung to conservative/originalist, it has to be crushed.

And of course, the (largely) know-nothing media/Democrats (redundant) play along and are doing all they can to vilify the court.

When the left controls the court and the electoral college, they're great. Now? The end of democracy! 

Edited by Yellowtail
sp
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Your common sense deserts you when you defend your Leader Trump.

Biden is my leader. 

If POTUS controls DOJ directly, as you claim, explain the prosecution of Hunter Biden, and the investigation of Joe Biden over classified documents.

No, you are misrepresenting what I said, and you should apologize. 

What I said was: I said that the United States Attorney General reports to and serves at the pleasure of the President. 

Is that true or not? 

Do you think a President Trump would allow his sons to be indicted *if* Trump had operational control of DOJ?

Of course. Did Biden not allow his son to indicted? 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He brings nothing.

Rust belt workers smell a phony bought off by billionaires.

But he hurts a lot with his cat lady insults.

Trump still has a week or so to dump him.

I sure hope he doesn't as Vance is a gift to democrats!

He was not selected to bring anything; he was selected to replace Trump in 2028. 

The cat ladies would have voted for Trump had he selected someone else? 

Rust belt workers will certainly be impressed with the authenticity of Kamala. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

OMG I listened to Trey introduce JD and it was awesome how the Trey wanted Vance to love childless cat woman. Never seen Trey sound so emotional like this!

To be fair I have read somewhere that he claims to have nothing against cats....?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

To be fair I have read somewhere that he claims to have nothing against cats....?

His point was that at a time that our birthrate is suffering, the government has quite a lot of people that don't really want kids. The argument is that the left does not want to promote families having, while the right does. 

50 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

His point was that at a time that our birthrate is suffering, the government has quite a lot of people that don't really want kids. The argument is that the left does not want to promote families having, while the right does. 

Exactly. The left prefers to replace population by immigration. The right by procreation. And the latter is far better for the country. The left promotes policies that do not assist families, and often uses scare tactics to urge young people to avoid or delay having kids. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Exactly. The left prefers to replace population by immigration. The right by procreation. And the latter is far better for the country. The left promotes policies that do not assist families, and often uses scare tactics to urge young people to avoid or delay having kids. 

The left wanting to open the border to grow the population reminds of the left's education policies to grow the number of minority graduates, which most everyone agrees is a great idea. 

So, because minorities often come from bad K-12 schools, the left lowers the entry requirements for minority students.

Then, when minority students struggle with the coursework, the left subsequently waters down the curriculum and lowers the graduation requirements, and the quality of education suffers for all.

Clearly, it would be much better to improve the quality of the K-12 schools and maintain standards at the university, but the left runs K-12, and depends on support from the teacher's union, so anything that makes anyone work harder or longer, or makes anyone accountable for anything is off limits. 

With population, it's the same. Americans are not having enough babies, so the left does not want to address why Americans are not having enough babies, and perhaps incentivize them to have more, the left’s solution is to just bring in millions of illegals to boost the economy. This just makes the rich get richer, while the poor and middle class suffer. 

It's "one-stage thinking" as the great Thomas Sowell defines. Think of an easy solution like letting in illegal to boost the economy or lowering entrance standards at universities, but there is never any concern about the long-term ramifications. 

And of course, the rich, bi-costal elites never suffer from the consequences of their ideology. 

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

He brings nothing.

Rust belt workers smell a phony bought off by billionaires.

But he hurts a lot with his cat lady insults.

Trump still has a week or so to dump him.

I sure hope he doesn't as Vance is a gift to democrats!

Trump 1.50

Harris 3.75

Enough said.