I am confused re PC storage.

giddyup

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

No, it's an Lenovo AIO 24IRH9.

OK thanks. It was, coincidentally, the same price. I would buy from my Advice shop again. They seem to have a good enough selection.

Edited by The Fugitive
Missing word.

Just now, giddyup said:

Can you just say what the difference is instead of me having to ask?

Why shouldn't you ask? Don't be ridiculous, I'm not a mind reader. I'm just saving you from making a mistake. A thank you and then asking your question would have been the way that your parent taught you. 

Just now, NowNow said:

Why shouldn't you ask? Don't be ridiculous, I'm not a mind reader. I'm just saving you from making a mistake. A thank you and then asking your question would have been the way that your parent taught you. 

I know what I saw, so no mistakes will be made.

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

No, that's not the model.

But that the price that you quoted. If you want the model that you quoted, it will cost you 22,990 baht.

6 minutes ago, NowNow said:

But that the price that you quoted. If you want the model that you quoted, it will cost you 22,990 baht.

I just looked again, it's 18,290 baht online or 18,990 baht from the store. I can't upload the link because I'm on my tablet, but it's there.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I just looked again, it's 18,290 baht online or 18,990 baht from the store. I can't upload the link because I'm on my tablet, but it's there.

I've already linked to it. It's 22,990 baht for the specification you posted. The model you posted and from the shop you posted; Advice. My link is from the Advice website. Still sure that you haven't made a mistake?

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You can copy and paste the link from a Tablet....

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

how can I install a program like that which is on a disc without optical drive?

You can copy the contents of the disc on to an external or usb drive by using Windows Explorer in your old machine and copy/paste. Sometimes the contents are packed up in a container and can be extracted by using a program such as 7zip. Then when you want to install on the new machine, look for the .exe file to install. There may be several .exe files, choose the one that is the program name, sometimes it’s abbreviated, example: CameraSoft might be something like cams.exe

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

They have just ONE Lenovo AIO that fits your description of 18,290 online and 18,990 instore. https://www.advice.co.th/product/all-in-one-pc/all-in-one-pc-lenovo/aio-lenovo-thinkcentre-neo-30a-24-12k0003lth-

You have made a mistake.

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

One other question, my old Lenovo AIO has an optical drive which I needed for things like installing my camera downloads, how can I install a program like that which is on a disc without optical drive?

Most laptops you get today don't have optical (DVD) drive. You can get a USB drive to plug in - that's what I use on the rare occasions i need to look at a DVD. They're really quite cheap.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, giddyup said:

I know what I saw, so no mistakes will be made.

Sure?

I know the mistake you have made. You quoted the device with an i5 processor in your first post, but you've wishfully priced up the model with an i3 processor 😊 https://www.advice.co.th/product/all-in-one-pc/all-in-one-pc-lenovo/aio-lenovo-ideacentre-aio-24irh9-f0hn001yta-

The one in your first post is 22,990. A 'thank you' would be nice....and normal 😊

12 hours ago, NowNow said:

They have just ONE Lenovo AIO that fits your description of 18,290 online and 18,990 instore. https://www.advice.co.th/product/all-in-one-pc/all-in-one-pc-lenovo/aio-lenovo-thinkcentre-neo-30a-24-12k0003lth-

You have made a mistake.

https://www.advice.co.th/product/all-in-one-pc/all-in-one-pc-lenovo/aio-lenovo-ideacentre-aio-24irh9-f0hn001yta-

7 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Sure?

I know the mistake you have made. You quoted the device with an i5 processor in your first post, but you've wishfully priced up the model with an i3 processor 😊 https://www.advice.co.th/product/all-in-one-pc/all-in-one-pc-lenovo/aio-lenovo-ideacentre-aio-24irh9-f0hn001yta-

The one in your first post is 22,990. A 'thank you' would be nice....and normal 😊

https://www.advice.co.th/product/all-in-one-pc/all-in-one-pc-lenovo/aio-lenovo-ideacentre-aio-24irh9-f0hn001yta-

3 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Look at the post above yours.

You said there was no model Lenovo with that model number available at that price.

Just now, giddyup said:

You said there was no model Lenovo with that model number available at that price.

No, I said that there was no fitting your specification(Intel Core i5-13420H as in first post in this thread). Who would imagine that you quoted an i5 processor but ignore it for when it came to pricing?

I can hardly believe that you are arguing with me, instead of simply thanking me for my help in saving you from making a blunder. What is wrong with you? Do you have no manners at all?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NowNow said:

No, I said that there was no fitting your specification(Intel Core i5-13420H as in first post in this thread). Who would imagine that you quoted an i5 processor but ignore it for when it came to pricing?

I can hardly believe that you are arguing with me, instead of simply thanking me for my help in saving you from making a blunder. What is wrong with you? Do you have no manners at all?

2 minutes ago, NowNow said:

You have made a mistake.

Just now, giddyup said:

Are you blind to fits your description? There was not only one criteria. Your first post quotes Intel Core i5-13420H. That means that no one will be including Pentium or i3 processors in the criteria. Who would know that someone could be so dopey as to quote certain specs but totally ignore them when it came to pricing?

1 minute ago, NowNow said:

Are you blind to fits your description? There was not only one criteria. Your first post quotes Intel Core i5-13420H. That means that no one will be including Pentium or i3 processors in the criteria. Who would know that someone could be so dopey as to quote certain specs but totally ignore them when it came to pricing?

Who could be so dopey to say there was only ONE Lenovo that fit my price description of 18,290 online and 18,990 in store?

I recently upgraded a friend's old laptop, he thought it was a wow because it had a 1TB HDD...🙄....,  when in fact the thing was a slug with loads of storage. It had an optical drive.

I pulled it apart, replaced the HDD with a 250GB SDD, dumped the optical drive paraphernalia, bought an SDD/HDD caddy that uses the internal optical drive connects, his original 1TB HDD fits into the caddy. Now he has a much faster system with 1TB storage of storage.....🤗

Sadly his CPU was fixed to the board, I didn't want to get involved with that, but a CPU upgrade would have been beneficial....

Sorry if that lot is off-topic, but things can be done to improve old PC/LT's.........🤭

23 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Who could be so dopey to say there was only ONE Lenovo that fit my price description of 18,290 online and 18,990 in store?

😊

There was only one person being dopey; quoting one device but pricing up another and then insisting that they didn't make a mistake.

Edited by NowNow
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

I recently upgraded a friend's old laptop, he thought it was a wow because it had a 1TB HDD...🙄....,  when in fact the thing was a slug with loads of storage. It had an optical drive.

I pulled it apart, replaced the HDD with a 250GB SDD, dumped the optical drive paraphernalia, bought an SDD/HDD caddy that uses the internal optical drive connects, his original 1TB HDD fits into the caddy. Now he has a much faster system with 1TB storage of storage.....🤗

Sadly his CPU was fixed to the board, I didn't want to get involved with that, but a CPU upgrade would have been beneficial....

Sorry if that lot is off-topic, but things can be done to improve old PC/LT's.........🤭

Well thought out improvements for minimal cost! A zero cost improvement would be to replace Windows with a lightweight Linux distro. I don't believe it's all that difficult to make the transition, especially if you have another device upon which to look up how to do things.

18 hours ago, giddyup said:

One other question, my old Lenovo AIO has an optical drive which I needed for things like installing my camera downloads, how can I install a program like that which is on a disc without optical drive?

I'll bet there are still external CD/DVD reader drives out their that can be connected to a modern laptop via USB port. Apple still produces those from what I have seen. Probably $20 on Lazada. Or, better yet, don't throw away your old laptop just yet and copy all the CD/DVD data to USB thumb drives. They are cheap and have loads of storage space..much more than DVD's and CD's.

Edited by StandardIssue