Solar powered water well pump question

My wife has two lots of rice farmland next to each other totaling 7 rais. Her rice is now planted and looks nice,

We are like most of the other farmers who have to depend on mother nature to get water from the sky to get the rice to grow. I ask myself if it would be possible for her to have a water well drilled and pump the water up to her rice fields via a solar powered pump. If this is possible and would cost not too much money, she would be able to plant rice twice a year. Is there anyone in the know who could enlighten us?

3 hours ago, Dario said:

My wife has two lots of rice farmland next to each other totaling 7 rais. Her rice is now planted and looks nice,

We are like most of the other farmers who have to depend on mother nature to get water from the sky to get the rice to grow. I ask myself if it would be possible for her to have a water well drilled and pump the water up to her rice fields via a solar powered pump. If this is possible and would cost not too much money, she would be able to plant rice twice a year. Is there anyone in the know who could enlighten us?

It can be done we have just a solar system installed, we are pumping water from a small river into our pond, and now we are irrigating a nursery bed of Nappier grass.

Depending on what your system will be, we had some 600 wat panels at 3500 each, we have 6 but now are only using 4, our pump and inverter was 13000 baht, I converted an old trailer to mount the panels on, that was about 8000 baht.200 meters of 2-inch PE water pipe was 8000 baht.

Your big X will be the bore hole, how far down will they have to go to find water?  around here it is/was 500-baht meter to drill the bore hole, you want to ask around your area find what other farmers etc. have paid for a bore hole, and how far down they go before finding water.

As for planting rice twice a year, I would say after the rice crop, or before, plant a crop of corn/maize, you will use a lot less water and it would do the land a bit of good from monoculture of rice.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sounds to be an expensive setup and not even for an artisan well in the middle of nowhere. That's where I am.