Thoughts on the opening ceremony at the Paris Olympics

15 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I think it's time we as society have to understand things will not always be bigger or better.

I definitely don't need bigger, and I think oftentimes bigness is overrated when it comes to cultural events and many other things. But better is a different story, I think it's wonderful when humankind continues to strive for better, especially when it comes to things of a cultural or international nature.Β 

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Call me whatever you want, I have pretty thick skin, so names don't hurt me. No, I did not like it, and no I do not like very unattractive people doing absolutely nothing, but looking unappealing.

Β 

Dr. Jill doesn't even register on my personal meter, so do not care what she says. The world is full of people doing and saying things these days that me absolutely nothing to me. Maybe I'm getting old. Ha!Β 

Ef I love getting older...

44 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I definitely don't need bigger, and I think oftentimes bigness is overrated when it comes to cultural events and many other things. But better is a different story, I think it's wonderful when humankind continues to strive for better, especially when it comes to things of a cultural or international nature.Β 

Would agree, depending on the definition of 'better'.

On 8/2/2024 at 6:56 PM, Yellowtail said:

Do Jews not have the same ten?Β 

Jews aren't haters.Β 

Thought we were focusing on the Christian reaction. I saw the Catholic Church reacted but I am exposed primarily by USA Christian evangelicals currently. Get ready, if Shapiro is named VP pick, we may see a rabid minority reacting to his being Jewish.

Just now, Wrwest said:

Thought we were focusing on the Christian reaction. I saw the Catholic Church reacted but I am exposed primarily by USA Christian evangelicals currently. Get ready, if Shapiro is named VP pick, we may see a rabid minority reacting to his being Jewish.

Yeah, no shortage of antisemites on the left calling for the eradication of Israel.Β 

Β 

Β 

58 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, no shortage of antisemites on the left calling for the eradication of Israel.Β 

Β 

Β 

Just another in a series of misinterpretations and extreme exaggerations when it comes to calling out Israel for extremist policies. I am an American Jew and I frequently speak out against Israeli policy. I despise Hamas, and an thrilled their leader was taken out. However I also despise extremism in any form and Israeli foreign policy of late has been pure extremism, genocidal, horrific, and calling them out is not even bordering on being antisemitic. That's just a juvenile and conservative meme at this point.Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Just another in a series of misinterpretations and extreme exaggerations when it comes to calling out Israel for extremist policies. I am an American Jew and I frequently speak out against Israeli policy. I despise Hamas, and an thrilled their leader was taken out. However I also despise extremism in any form and Israeli foreign policy of late has been pure extremism, genocidal, horrific, and calling them out is not even bordering on being antisemitic. That's just a juvenile and conservative meme at this point.Β 

Are you a religious Jew?

Β 

In any event, I was responding to another leftist effectively calling Catholics antisemites. I doubt you will find a more supportive constituency for Israel American Christians.

Β 

Now did you want to argue the anti-Israel protests in the US are not disproportionally left-wing?Β 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Are you a religious Jew?

Β 

In any event, I was responding to another leftist effectively calling Catholics antisemites. I doubt you will find a more supportive constituency for Israel American Christians.

Β 

Now did you want to argue the anti-Israel protests in the US are not disproportionally left-wing?Β 

No, I am not religious. And I don't see alot of people on the left calling for the eradication of Israel. Few Jews and Christians I know feel that way. A change of policy, yes. A halt to the killing of women and children, yes. An arrest warrant for Netanyahu, yes.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/5/2024 at 12:12 PM, spidermike007 said:

Agree, Mike. I was raised Methodist but outgrew my childhood long ago. Took the DNA tests and what do you know, carry Ashkenazi markers. Sensitive to wanting to see two independent, secure states rejecting the extremists on either current side.

• Like 1

The opening was in poor taste, vulgar. I stopped watching. And haven't watched the Olympics either. The boxing charade makes me sick. Some poor real woman is going to get killed by a fake woman fighter. The chromosome test is definitive. Why don't the IOC say exactly what their tests are? It seems shrouded in mystery as far as the press are concerned. Perhaps they are hokey and 'inclusive'. And how the IOC's tests compare to a chromosome test.

• Like 1