Car Extended Warranty (Mitsubishi Warranty Plus)

Good day to all,

I recently purchase a Mitsubishi pick up truck from a local dealership in Chiang Mai. Was browsing their website and came across some information on extended warranty. I plan to keep this truck for at least 10 years.

Would like to ask if anybody had extended the warranties on their vehicles and if it is worth it? Or should I consider private external warranty providers like Roo Jai?

Or I should just fix any issues as it comes along after the warranty period, since it is a japanese car and should not be too expensive? 

To add, I should not be using my truck for anything too heavy. Just the usual groccery runs, driving up the moutains or across provinces.

• Haha 1

In general most people do not collect on an extended warranty, but some people do.  It is like health insurance.  Some people get more back than what they paid but most of the other people don’t.  They subsidize the few along with providing some profit for the company.

My wife purchased an extended warranty for our clothes washer and did use it when it broke down after the original warranty period.

I would check the facebook groups for your model

I seen a post recently for another pickup brand and they were out of warranty and require a new sensor cost was B80k

If the part comes from outside Thailand there will be import taxes which will bump up the cost of any parts