Hi all.

I'm looking for the cost of visa exemption stamps at the border WITHOUT travel costs. All I can seem to find is tour companies that don't break the cost down.

I remember it being about 1,000 baht. Is that still the case.

Thank you in advance

#Edit - forgot to mention - I'm British and have no overstay ect.

Edited by AsparrownamedJack

46 minutes ago, AsparrownamedJack said:

Hi all.

I'm looking for the cost of visa exemption stamps at the border WITHOUT travel costs. All I can seem to find is tour companies that don't break the cost down.

I remember it being about 1,000 baht. Is that still the case.

Thank you in advance

#Edit - forgot to mention - I'm British and have no overstay ect.

I use an agency that deal with immigration Thai and Cambodia. 4000thb all included, no stress 

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, AsparrownamedJack said:

Thanks for the reply, Yes, I am

Why avoid Poi Pet? What are my alternatives (from Ratchaburi)

And I still don't know the cost...

Because Poi Pet is the most corrupt point of entry in the country, and upon trying to return to Thailand you could be denied-entry (stamped denied in your passport) for not having enough money - even if you have plenty - then their helpful "agent" will try to extort you for a princely-sum to get in. 

Literally any other land-border is possible, with some "affordable" corruption only on the Cambodian side.  Expect at least 300 Baht for a same-day enter/exit, as Cambodian rules say you must stay overnight - plus some more on top of the official visa-fee if you try to pay in $$ vs their crazy exchange-rate.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rob Browder said:

Because Poi Pet is the most corrupt point of entry in the country, and upon trying to return to Thailand you could be denied-entry (stamped denied in your passport) for not having enough money - even if you have plenty - then their helpful "agent" will try to extort you for a princely-sum to get in. 

Literally any other land-border is possible, with some "affordable" corruption only on the Cambodian side.  Expect at least 300 Baht for a same-day enter/exit, as Cambodian rules say you must stay overnight - plus some more on top of the official visa-fee if you try to pay in $$ vs their crazy exchange-rate.

I get the full service with just 4000thb, they pick me up, bring me to the border and then bring me back. The 60 days stamps are also included with 4000thb. It's this expensive? You gotta be kidding me

7 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

I get the full service with just 4000thb, they pick me up, bring me to the border and then bring me back. The 60 days stamps are also included with 4000thb. It's this expensive? You gotta be kidding me

I doubt very much they go to Poi Pet, which is what I was referring to.  The 60 days exempt stamps are free.  The Cambodian cost is ~1500 with same day exit.  Your travel-cost to/from is the only other factor - back in the day, I did it by bus to Chanthaburi + songthiew to the border for maybe 600 baht round-trip. 

I'd do anything to avoid riding in a crowded van at 5AM.  Maybe if they ran them at some decent hour.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

I doubt very much they go to Poi Pet, which is what I was referring to.  The 60 days exempt stamps are free.  The Cambodian cost is ~1500 with same day exit.  Your travel-cost to/from is the only other factor - back in the day, I did it by bus to Chanthaburi + songthiew to the border for maybe 600 baht round-trip. 

I'd do anything to avoid riding in a crowded van at 5AM.  Maybe if they ran them at some decent hour.

I prefer to spend some thb more and be sure that i will get the stamp without any issues. 1000thb more to lose are nothing for me

14 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

I prefer to spend some thb more and be sure that i will get the stamp without any issues. 1000thb more to lose are nothing for me

With all that money you appear to be able to throw away, Jack, why not get the Elite visa then?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

With all that money you appear to be able to throw away, Jack, why not get the Elite visa then?

Because i still like to go back to my country, i don't want to live permanently in thailand for now but  I am just waiting to be 50 years old and then i will probably apply for a retirement visa. By the way i would never spend so much money for an elite visa come on. I am not rich like Donald Trump lol

Edited by Jack1988

You might get out and back on your own at these borders with Cambodia

Ban Laem/Duang Chanthaburi

Ban Pakard/Phsar Prum Chanthaburi

Kap Choen/Osmach Surin

There is a very high chance you will not get out and back at the Aranyaprathet/Poipet border.

Those "I'm going to bounce myself and save money" ideas often end up not saving you any money.

8 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

You might get out and back on your own at these borders with Cambodia

Ban Laem/Duang Chanthaburi

Ban Pakard/Phsar Prum Chanthaburi

Kap Choen/Osmach Surin

Those "I'm going to bounce myself and save money" ideas often end up not saving you any money.

For newbies, a border-van is the best option - or if one is in a big rush - or if getting up at 4AM for a 5AM departure is something one enjoys doing.

I haven't read reports of denied return-entry at any of those entry-points - maybe you have new info, though.  One definitely must pay the Cambodian side their cut if coming back the same day - or spend overnight on the Cambodian side, which I always found a nice diversion. 

A nice bus with plenty of leg-room and a bathroom in it is nice to Chanthaburi, in my experience.  Sometimes I would do an overnight there, on the way or back, just to make the trip more enjoyable.  Why not, and see something different?  

15 hours ago, Rob Browder said:

haven't read reports of denied return-entry at any of those entry-points - maybe you have new info, though.  One definitely must pay the Cambodian side their cut if coming back the same day - or spend overnight on the Cambodian side,

Totally correct, I know of no denial of entries at those borders that I mentioned although I do know that they sporadically do enforce the must stay in Cambodia overnight rule, but as you mentioned there is a way to pay and not stay 😉 

Edited by Tod Daniels
  • Like 1

I know that Poi Pet has always been a pain for a border bounce but is it also a problem for normal crossing?

I'd like to use it to go to Ankor wat for a few days then return.

16 hours ago, briley said:

I know that Poi Pet has always been a pain for a border bounce but is it also a problem for normal crossing?

I'd like to use it to go to Ankor wat for a few days then return.

If you are on a Non-Immigrant extension for retirement or marriage, then this should not be a problem with at least 1 night out of Thailand.  O-A Visas would also work.  Just don't try it for a Tourist-type entry - TR-Visa or Visa-Exempt - or with an Ed visa or extension. 

Edit: I would not try it with a Non-O-ME Visa based on marriage, either - though you'd probably get back in.

Edited by Rob Browder

Update:

I gave up on the DIY visa and went with a company - which went to Bahn Laem (Sp?)

All went smoothish, except it was reuested to pay an additional 1,000 baht by Thai immigration for reasons nobody seems to understand but them. Other than that, no problems.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/3/2024 at 2:54 PM, AsparrownamedJack said:

Update:

I gave up on the DIY visa and went with a company - which went to Bahn Laem (Sp?)

All went smoothish, except it was reuested to pay an additional 1,000 baht by Thai immigration for reasons nobody seems to understand but them. Other than that, no problems.

were you on any type of Non-Immigrant visa (O, ED, etc)? That border and a few others charge people more to bounce out/back from those visa types than people on tourist or visa exempt entries