DTV and 90 day reports

I recently obtained a DTV eVisa from the London embassy giving me 180-day entries to the Kingdom.  I've been visiting (and sometimes living in) Thailand for more than 30 years so I am aware of the need to do a '90-day report' to immigration if staying for more than 90 days.

The thing that concerns me is that there is nothing amongst the DTV information on the embassy website, or indeed on the eVisa itself, that mentions a 90 day reporting requirement. I suspect that the majority of those entering the Kingdom with a DTV will not have stayed for more than 90 days in the past and will not be aware of the reporting requirement. Their only interaction with Thai Immigration will be when they are stamped in to the country. I'm wondering how this will play out. Or maybe DTV is exempt from 90 day reporting? 

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

There is no exemption for foreigners who entered with the DTV.

Yes, I would think they do have to report (Section 37 Immigration Act) but I think Thai Immigration need to inform DTV holders. E.g. put a note in the eVisa email message or a note in passport on entry.

• Sad 1

The visa you get at an embassy or consulate are handled by the MFA (ministry of foreign affairs), once inside Thailand Thai immigration are responsible for immigration. so 90 day reports need to be done, like wise TM30 reporting of foreigners needs to be done, none of this concerns the MFA, there is little cooperation/understanding between the 2 parts of immigration, i don't see other visas such as O-A etc etc mentioning the reporting or TM30, remember after 180 days you go for an extension you will be dealing with immigration not MFA so it is to early to say what requirements THEY will require , such as 500 000 still in bank/tax returns evidence of attending cooking school etc etc 

Edited by howerde
missing text

7 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Yes, I would think they do have to report (Section 37 Immigration Act) but I think Thai Immigration need to inform DTV holders. E.g. put a note in the eVisa email message or a note in passport on entry.

When holders who want the extension start going to immigration, we'll probably see a new glut of posts on being fined for 'not having a TM30' or 'not doing 90-day reports'.

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

According to the podcast I just posted in the main DTV thread the 90 day report is not required.

However this was just mentioned by the interviewer in the closing comments and it was about the only point he made in his closing comments that I didn't hear discussed with the Thai official during the podcast. So I see no evidence to support his claim.

• Like 1

So my wife called the London embassy for me and spoke to several people there about 90 day reporting. Their understanding is that DTV does *NOT* require 90 day reports and a visit to Immigration office is only required for extension. Obviously they are not Thai Immigration dept but I thought I would report it anyway.