Report reveals secret US inquiry into alleged 2016 Egyptian $10m gift to Trump

simple1

From the Washington Post article. 

"Within months of learning of the withdrawal, prosecutors and FBI agents were blocked by top Justice Department officials from obtaining bank records they believed might hold critical evidence, according to interviews with people familiar with the case as well as documents and contemporaneous notes of the investigation. "

"by the fall of 2019 as Trump’s then-attorney general, William P. Barr, raised doubts about whether there was sufficient evidence to continue the probe of Trump. "

"In June 2020, the prosecutor Barr appointed to take over the office leading the case closed the probe, citing “a lack of sufficient evidence to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt.” "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2024/08/02/trump-campaign-egypt-investigation/

According to the WP, the gathering of evidence was prevented by trump's Justice Department and then trumps AG closed the case for lack of sufficient evidence, 

Edited by sirineou
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, sirineou said:

From the Washington Post article. 

"Within months of learning of the withdrawal, prosecutors and FBI agents were blocked by top Justice Department officials from obtaining bank records they believed might hold critical evidence, according to interviews with people familiar with the case as well as documents and contemporaneous notes of the investigation. "

"by the fall of 2019 as Trump’s then-attorney general, William P. Barr, raised doubts about whether there was sufficient evidence to continue the probe of Trump. "

"In June 2020, the prosecutor Barr appointed to take over the office leading the case closed the probe, citing “a lack of sufficient evidence to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt.” "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2024/08/02/trump-campaign-egypt-investigation/

According to the WP, the gathering of evidence was prevented by trump's Justice Department and then trumps AG closed the case for lack of sufficient evidence, 

10 year witch hunt. All they found was a stormy jack daniels. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sirineou said:

As Reported Trump's Justice department obstructed the gathering if evidences,   and then dismissed the case for lack of evidence,

Can you contradict the above?

Anything else you say is typical trumpian nonsense. 

Most people who worked for trump , and know him best tell you he is an A-hole and and idiot, yet a bunch of low educated rednecks know him better, It is laughable . 

Ok if you say so :coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, susanlea said:

Imagine googling Trump daily and digging for dirt. Not a hobby I would want.

Not exactly a demanding task! Not much digging required; the man is usually perched bragging on a pile of it!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, susanlea said:

Imagine googling Trump daily and digging for dirt. Not a hobby I would want.

There's no need to dig for dirt on Trump. It's splashed over every media outlet on the planet.

• Like 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

Loathed by millions more, according to the last two popular votes.

The unemployment rate in the United States rose to 4.3% in July of 2024 from 4.1% in the previous month, the highest since October of 2021.

Bad news for Harris. Good news for Trump.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Ok if you say so :coffee1:

Again with the trumpian unreasonableness .

I don't say so. I said "As Reported " and provided a link to the sourse. 

So cut out on all the coffee , too much of it is not good for you. 

• Like 1

Just now, sirineou said:

Again with the trumpian unreasonableness .

I don't say so. I said "As Reported " and provided a link to the sourse. 

So cut out on all the coffee , too much of it is not good for you. 

Coffee is good for you. Hating on Trump is bad for your health as it raises stress levels. :coffee1:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Coffee is good for you. Hating on Trump is bad for your health as it raises stress levels. :coffee1:

Well we can't all be as loving as Chicken Don's followers, their love and kindness  for the . Hussein Obama.  Biden ,  Harris , Pesoli  etc. is a thing we alls should emulate. :laugh:

But I notice that you again failed to dispute what I originally posted, So I guess you must agree with me. 

Please enjoy your coffee in good health.  

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Here's a news flash about statistics, it takes 7 data points in a row to determine whether there is a trend.

Taking a single data point as an economic indicator is about as stupid as the average Trump supporter.

Really? That is your excuse? 6 month upward trend

Screenshot_20240803_093336_Brave.jpg

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Well we can't all be as loving as Chicken Don's followers, their love and kindness  for the . Hussein Obama.  Biden ,  Harris , Pesoli  etc. is a thing we alls should emulate. :laugh:

But I notice that you again failed to dispute what I originally posted, So I guess you must agree with me. 

Please enjoy your coffee in good health.  

I won't dispute that leftists have Trump living rent free in their head daily. That is a given.

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

I won't dispute that leftists have Trump living rent free in their head daily. That is a given.

:clap2:

Still deflecting. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

Really? That is your excuse? 6 month upward trend

Screenshot_20240803_093336_Brave.jpg

It's a five month upward trend, one data point next month at 4.2% puts it back to square one. It's coming off historic lows as well.

If Trump wants to fire that particular shot, it could well rebound on him.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/10/trumps-final-numbers/

Just now, Lacessit said:

It's a five month upward trend, one data point next month at 4.2% puts it back to square one. It's coming off historic lows as well.

If Trump wants to fire that particular shot, it could well rebound on him.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/10/trumps-final-numbers/

6 months upward trend. You start from the January. One down month does not change the trend. On a weekly basis you have 26 data points showing a rise.

It's about darn time!  I've been waiting for the stuff about money laundering to catch up with him since Jan 20 2017.  Whether Garland will do anything about it, well I wouldn't advise holding your breath for it, Garland is, well, I don't know, very busy with other things?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, susanlea said:

It's a given rightists are donating money to Trump, which is used to pay his legal bills.

You stating something does not make it so, it's called begging the question.

Presumably you were wagging school when stuff like logical fallacies and dishonest forms of argument were being taught.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

It's a given rightists are donating money to Trump, which is used to pay his legal bills.

You stating something does not make it so, it's called begging the question.

Presumably you were wagging school when stuff like logical fallacies and dishonest forms of argument were being taught.

Trump haters. Strange life.