Israel Hamas War the Widening Middle East Conflict

A couple of posts removed @thaibeachlovers as per the OP

• Latest developments and discussion of events in the Israel-Hamas War and the wider Middle East Conflict. Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.

A troll post baiting another member has also been removed.

Here's a new milestone brought to us by the "most moral army in the world"

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/newsfeed/2024/8/15/gaza-death-toll-surpasses-40000-with-no-let-up-in-israels-war?playlist=2416138

Gaza death toll surpasses 40,000 with no let-up in Israel’s war

Israel’s brutal war has now killed more than 40,000 Palestinians in Gaza, according to Gaza’s Health Ministry.

• Like 1

Israelis from illegal settlements in the West Bank are certainly attempting to widen the ME conflict.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/aug/15/one-palestinian-killed-as-violent-israeli-settlers-launch-fresh-attack-on-west-bank-village

Dozens of Israeli settlers, some wearing masks, have attacked a Palestinian village near the city of Qalqilya in the occupied West Bank, burning cars and killing at least one person.

The Palestinian health ministry said one Palestinian was killed and another critically wounded by Israeli settlers’ gunfire during the attack in the village of Jit, the latest in a series of attacks by violent settlers in the West Bank.

Footage shared on social media showed cars and houses on fire after the attacks.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Here's a new milestone brought to us by the "most moral army in the world"

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/newsfeed/2024/8/15/gaza-death-toll-surpasses-40000-with-no-let-up-in-israels-war?playlist=2416138

Gaza death toll surpasses 40,000 with no let-up in Israel’s war

Israel’s brutal war has now killed more than 40,000 Palestinians in Gaza, according to Gaza’s Health Ministry.

Don't you mean brought to you by Hamas, the most believable murdering and hostage taking terrorist group in the world? Headed by the main rat tunnel master in Gaza. Those unverified figures that don't even distinguish between the many thousands of Hamas terrorists that are also killed?

Meanwhile here is the IDF destroying the main weapons and smuggling routes from Egypt for the monsters in their precious Philadelphi Corridor.

"IDF DRONE FOOTAGE of approx. 50 Hamas terrorist tunnels being dismantled in the area of the Philadelphi Corridor in Rafah this past week:"

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Deflecting again.

Israel is prolonging this for it's internal politics. Nethanyahu needs his right wing partners for his own survival so prolongs and ignores the West Bank atrocities.

Link to a previous deflection?

Deflecting what in this post? I was responding with facts to a post about the death counts given by the terrorists Hamas. The only deflection here is your unsubstanitated post that has nothing to do with it. As usual. Congratulations on a lame attempt at deflection about the truth on Hamas figures. Typical apologist tactic.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Deflecting again.

Israel is prolonging this for it's internal politics. Nethanyahu needs his right wing partners for his own survival so prolongs and ignores the West Bank atrocities.

Why are you deflecting?

47 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Link to a previous deflection?

Deflecting what in this post? I was responding with facts to a post about the death counts given by the terrorists Hamas. The only deflection here is your unsubstanitated post that has nothing to do with it. As usual. Congratulations on a lame attempt at deflection about the truth on Hamas figures. Typical apologist tactic.

I agree with you hamas numbers will not be correct, neither are the numbers provided by the IDF.

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I agree with you hamas numbers will not be correct, neither are the numbers provided by the IDF.

Still waiting for your explanation as to why I was deflecting and a link to my previous deflections that you claim. Did you swallow your irony yet?

I didn't give a number by the IDF, although that happens to be 17,000 now. I prefer to believe the IDF more than I do terrorists. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Still waiting for your explanation as to why I was deflecting and a link to my previous deflections that you claim. Did you swallow your irony yet?

I didn't give a number by the IDF, although that happens to be 17,000 now. I prefer to believe the IDF more than I do terrorists. 

You're deflecting continuously in order to avoid having to address the IDF atrocities.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You're deflecting continuously in order to prevent addressing the IDF atrocities.

More irony and projection of your previous deflection on the Hamas claims and still no links of your unsubstantiated claims about me. On another note, you may want to actually post on the topic and not individual posters rather than continually avoiding the atrocities of Hamas.

"Latest developments and discussion of events in the Israel-Hamas War and the wider Middle East Conflict. Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Israelis from illegal settlements in the West Bank are certainly attempting to widen the ME conflict.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/aug/15/one-palestinian-killed-as-violent-israeli-settlers-launch-fresh-attack-on-west-bank-village

Dozens of Israeli settlers, some wearing masks, have attacked a Palestinian village near the city of Qalqilya in the occupied West Bank, burning cars and killing at least one person.

The Palestinian health ministry said one Palestinian was killed and another critically wounded by Israeli settlers’ gunfire during the attack in the village of Jit, the latest in a series of attacks by violent settlers in the West Bank.

Footage shared on social media showed cars and houses on fire after the attacks.

Literally no one here is defending the settlers, Israel's bad guys.  While Palestine's bad guys... seem to be nearly everyone.

Not surprised to find you here defending Hamas, thaibeach!  Seems we disagree on everything.

Edited by ChicagoExpat
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I know.  I love the casualty figures quoted by the MSM and Hamas' Western supporters... 1) there is absolutely no basis in fact for them 2) they ARE LITERALLY SUPPLIED BY HAMAS  3)  they of course count terrorists as civilians.  All the better to bamboozle gullible new Jew haters in the West.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another 6 hostages return to Israel. Their bodies were discovered and returned by the IDF

IDF confirms it retrieved bodies of 6 hostages from Gaza, including previously unnamed Alex Dancyg

The Israel Defense Forces confirms that it has recovered the bodies of six Israeli hostages during an overnight operation in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip.

The hostages are Alex Dancyg, 75, Yagev Buchshtav, 35, Chaim Peri, 79, Yoram Metzger, 80, Nadav Popplewell, 51, and Avraham Munder, 78.

The IDF says it had accurate intelligence that allowed troops with the 98th Division and members of the Shin Bet security agency to reach a tunnel in Khan Younis and recover the bodies, amid a new offensive in the city in the southern Gaza Strip.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-confirms-it-retrieved-bodies-of-6-hostages-from-gaza-including-previously-unnamed-alex-dancyg/

• Thumbs Up 1

Awful, the terrorists would rather murder them than have them rescued. Bullets found in the dead bodies.

𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭: 𝐁𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤.

It is believed that the terrorists guarding the hostages killed them while in captivity, fearing a rescue operation during an IDF airstrike in the area where they were held hostage.

image.png.7121191dfd2153eb197190c643aa9b3a.png

This from 2 months ago:

Hamas operatives holding hostages have ‘standing orders’ to kill them if they think IDF is coming — NYT

Hamas terrorist leaders have given “standing orders” to operatives who are holding hostages “that if they think Israeli forces are coming, the first thing they should do is shoot the captives,” Israeli officials tell the New York Times.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/hamas-operatives-holding-hostages-have-standing-orders-to-kill-them-if-they-think-idf-is-coming-nyt/

• Haha 1

Israeli army radio reports that about 100 Israeli fighter jets preemptively struck more than 200 Hezbollah sites in southern Lebanon where rockets were prepared to fire at Israeli territory.

Foreign Minister @Israel_katz addressed dozens of foreign ministers around the world this morning, calling on them to support Israel. 

The Foreign Minister stressed that Israel acted after definitively identifying a large-scale planned attack of missiles and drones by the terrorist organization Hezbollah towards targets in Israel, and carried out a preemptive strike to thwart the attack.

The minister emphasized that Israel is acting to protect its citizens and territory against the axis of evil led by Iran, which has a declared goal of bringing about Israel's destruction. Minister Katz emphasized that Israel does not seek an all-out war and will act according to developments on the ground.

The Foreign Minister stressed to his counterparts around the world that at this time, their support for the State of Israel and its right to defend itself against the Iranian axis of evil and its proxy organizations, especially Hezbollah, is crucial.

• Haha 1

The israelis have ordered the evacuation of the only functioning hospital in Central Gaza. War crimes on crimes against humanity and some of the western world's leaders turns a blind eye- hypocrites all, IMO.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/8/26/israels-war-on-gaza-live-panicked-patients-flee-al-aqsa-martyrs-hospital

Patients and displaced Palestinians are fleeing Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital – the last functioning medical facility in central Gaza – after Israel issued more evacuation orders for the city of Deir el-Balah.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nearly got the rat. the US is helping with intelligence

Hamas leader 'hiding in plain sight' disguised as a woman in Gaza

Sinwar is so worried about his safety that last week he added a new condition to fragile ceasefire talks in Cairo in a bid to protect himself.
Israeli forces came within just “minutes” of capturing him 10 days ago, when they raided his lair in a Gaza tunnel.
“We were close. We were in his underground compound. The coffee was still hot,” said Brigadier General Dan Goldfus, the outgoing commander of the IDF’s 98th division. Since then the 61-year-old has been hiding in plain sight among the throngs of displaced Palestinians in Gaza, as Israeli forces engage in a race against time to apprehend him.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1940113/hamas-leader-yahya-sinwar-gaza-israel

American intelligence is helping Israel find Yahya Sinwar

The US has poured “vast resources” into helping Israel locate Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar, even employing the CIA to set up a task force dedicated to his capture, The New York Times reported on Sunday in a piece detailing the efforts to track down the architect of the October 7 massacres. Citing interviews with more than two dozen officials in Israel and the US, the report revealed that the US, which considers Hamas a terrorist organisation, established channels with Israel to share information on the whereabouts of Sinwar and other leaders of Hamas 

https://www.thejc.com/news/israel/american-intelligence-is-secretly-helping-israel-find-yahya-sinwar-a9nsoiid

• Thumbs Up 1

Update: Israel’s Daring Rescue: Bedouin Hostage Freed from Hamas in Gaza

image.png

The Israeli military announced the successful rescue of a Bedouin Arab hostage, Kaid Farhan Elkadi, from an underground tunnel in Gaza. Elkadi, a 52-year-old father of eleven, was abducted by Hamas during their brutal attack on Israel on October 7. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF), in conjunction with the Shin Bet domestic security service, executed the rescue operation in the southern Gaza Strip, bringing Elkadi back to safety.

The rescue mission, described as a "complex operation," has not been detailed extensively due to concerns for the safety of other hostages and the security of the forces involved. Nevertheless, the mission's success marks a significant moment in the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas, as Elkadi is the eighth hostage to be freed since the war's onset. After his rescue, Elkadi was taken to Soroka Medical Center in Beersheba, where he is reportedly in stable condition, undergoing medical examinations.

Photos released by the medical center showed Elkadi sitting in a hospital chair, conversing with family members. His brother, Hatam, who spoke to Haaretz, shared that Elkadi appeared “a little thin” but was otherwise in good spirits. “We told him that everything is fine and that everyone is waiting for him outside,” Hatam said. He added, "We've been waiting for this moment for a long time. We hope that all hostages will get this moment, that they will all experience the same excitement and joy. May all the hostages return, and may all the families feel this feeling."

Elkadi’s rescue has brought a wave of relief to his village in the Rahat area of the Negev desert, where he has long been a beloved figure. Known for his work as a security guard at Kibbutz Magen, close to the Israel-Gaza border, Elkadi had been missing for ten months, and his return is seen as a miracle by many.

In a video statement, IDF spokesman Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari provided limited details about the operation, but he did reveal that the rescue was based on “accurate intelligence” and involved a team of Israeli commandos who found Elkadi in an underground tunnel. Footage shared by the IDF showed Elkadi smiling and speaking with soldiers, including the commander of the 162nd Division, shortly after his rescue.

A senior Israeli military official confirmed that Elkadi was found alone in the tunnel, which was part of a "complex underground system where hostages were suspected to be held." The official noted that the operation's success was a result of meticulous planning and the dedication of the troops involved.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu personally congratulated Elkadi via telephone, expressing the collective relief and joy of the Israeli people. “We are working relentlessly to return all of our hostages,” Netanyahu said, emphasizing that the strategy involves both negotiations and rescue operations. “The two of these together require our military presence on the ground, and constant military pressure.”

The Hostages and Missing Families Forum, which has been at the forefront of advocating for the release of all hostages, described Elkadi's rescue as "miraculous." However, the forum cautioned that military operations alone may not be sufficient to free the remaining hostages, who have endured over 326 days of captivity. "A negotiated deal is the only way forward," the forum stressed, calling on the international community to maintain pressure on Hamas to accept a proposed deal that would lead to the release of all hostages.

Elkadi's rescue brings a glimmer of hope to the families of other hostages, particularly within the Bedouin community, which has also been deeply affected by the conflict. Among those still in captivity are Yousef Zyadna and his son, Hamza, while the body of another Bedouin, Mhamad el-Atrash, remains in Hamas's custody. Another Bedouin, Hisham al-Sayed, has been held captive in Gaza since 2015, highlighting the longstanding and painful ordeal faced by many families in the region.

As the conflict continues, the successful rescue of Kaid Farhan Elkadi stands as a testament to the resilience and determination of those working to bring hostages home.

Credit: BBC 2024-08-28

news-logo-btm.jpg

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

The Bedouin Arab hostage, Kaid Farhan Elkadi who is now thankfully back home in Gaza and out of hospital said this:

The father of 11 earlier told his relatives "about difficult days, a very cruel captivity", Ata Abu Medigam, ex-mayor of the southern Israeli town of Rahat, told Israel's Haaretz newspaper.

"He spoke about one of the hostages who was held captive with him for two months and died next to him," Mr Medigam said.

So another hostage who remains un-named for the moment is also dead. I am starting to believe as according to this report there are far fewer alive than the 100 or so that are currently captive and this adds credence to this latest report.

The real reason Hamas can’t free the remaining hostages

As few as 20 hostages are believed to be alive and in Hamas’s hands, and they’re being used as shields by Yahya Sinwar

Only around 20 of the Israeli hostages are being held by Hamas and these are being kept in handcuffs as human shields around its leader, Yahya Sinwar, intelligence sources have told the JC. The rest of the captives, both living and dead, are believed to be in the hands of smaller terror groups. The grim revelation about the other Israeli captives, based on information gathered by Israeli intelligence in cooperation with Gazan informants and captured terrorists, throws new light on the complexity of securing a hostage deal, currently the subject of intense negotiations in Qatar.

https://www.thejc.com/news/israel/the-real-reason-hamas-cant-free-the-remaining-hostages-iikx7t8f

It was mentioned by US officials some months ago that only around 50 were still alive

• Agree 1