Former Dutch Soldier Arrested for Drug-Making in Pattaya

webfact

On 8/5/2024 at 10:41 AM, AngryMan said:

WTF would one need to manufacture let aone use a date rape drug for in Thailand? I have given this some serious thought and my mind is a complete blank! On the other hand, if your misses is too frisky and you think she may spread the love around while your away from the house, then sprinkle a little Bromide in a cup of sweet tea! It might just work for you! I am not condoning using drugs in any way shape or form. It's just that I must have a rare delayed reaction to the Bromide the British Army gave us in the 70's. It did not seem to work at all back then, but it sure as hell works now I am in my mid 70's🤪

The bromide seems to have dulled your imagination too,  What effects does a date rape drug have ?  It will knock somebody out and possibly prevent them from remembering anything.  Can you really  not imagine any other scenario where a perpetrator would find that very useful.

On 8/5/2024 at 8:59 AM, Dexxter said:

What type of date drug does one make from drain cleaner and lollies? Very strange indeed.

Asking for a friend are we ?

On 8/5/2024 at 9:12 AM, oustaristocrats said:

Guys, this is not about every Dutch involved in drugs, nobody is saying. Frankly, the punishments in Netherlands when being catched, are low, extremely low. I would rather see something like 5, 10 years, or life imprisonment or in some cases even the death penalty because the drugs attract all kind of criminality, and most of all it's unfair, these types drive expensive cars of 10 million Baht plus, live in villas, other people pay tax and survive on the border side of life.

So basically you are jealous ?

On 8/5/2024 at 9:57 AM, nakhonandy said:

Going by the list of materials and equipment it's less of a drugs lab and more like a schoolboy chemistry set.

He'll get hammered and serve some serious time, rightly so, but it's hardly a major drugs bust.

There is little difference between an illegal lab and a schoolboy chemistry set,  except perhaps the chemistry kit is generally cleaner.

How would you define a major bust ?   This guy had the basic ingredients and the know how , he could, over time, have produced kilos of the stuff 

16 hours ago, mikebell said:

Drug use maybe; not drug production.

Daily drug  production would be normal for a drugs lab,  not so normal for the average citizen

45 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

There is little difference between an illegal lab and a schoolboy chemistry set,  except perhaps the chemistry kit is generally cleaner.

How would you define a major bust ?   This guy had the basic ingredients and the know how , he could, over time, have produced kilos of the stuff 

It's hardly breaking bad is it, a picnic gas burner and a steel bowl. He's more likely to kill himself than produce any serious quantity.

10 minutes ago, nakhonandy said:

It's hardly breaking bad is it, a picnic gas burner and a steel bowl. He's more likely to kill himself than produce any serious quantity.

I don't know much  about the production process of methamphetamine ,  but I do know that there is a high risk of explosion.  Had he blown up his condo he may well have killed himself and a few others.  Would that have been a major enough incident for you ? 

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

Those Pattaya cops seem really on the ball catching this stuff in that area.

Well drug dealing mafia types generally run a pretty tight ship when it comes to unwanted competition on their own patch.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I don't know much  about the production process of methamphetamine ,  but I do know that there is a high risk of explosion.  Had he blown up his condo he may well have killed himself and a few others.  Would that have been a major enough incident for you ? 

Of course that would be serious.

That wasn't what you stated though or what I replied about.

8 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

Of course that would be serious.

That wasn't what you stated though or what I replied about.

Ok then , what makes a drugs bust "major"  and why ?