Cheap houses in Japan

21 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I didn't answer because it's obvious I'm not one to assume things, especially things no one knows about. You can only ask them individually, then keep asking. Since these are your types, spend time asking them. When you get to 100, you can see the percentage.

A number was sufficient rather than waffle

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Post a link, because bar girls come from all over. Many of coursde come from a large area called Isaan. Some are actually born in tourist areas, some come from Isaan, some from northern Thailand, many from neighboring Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia.

so put a number on it? from Isaan? guess?

Topic is cheap houses in Japan.

Off topic posts removed.

Try and work the words 'houses' and 'Japan' into your post if you want it to remain!

• Haha 1

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0328589/

Yeah, it's a chick flick, but scrape off the cute Hollywood stuff and this will give an idea of what it will be like to buy a $1 house in Italy.

image.jpeg.24c7c413e134a61b18a0080e7d3ecda9.jpeg

For Japan, wouldn't want to have the face the bill for having this roof re-tiled.  Those charismatic old wooden houses don't seem to be insulated.

Japan might be interesting, but........

1.  Is there some flavor of retirement visa?  If so, what are the age and financial requirements.

2.  What about taxes on remittances and global income for retired folkses?

having lived and worked in japan, which i suspect the OP hasn't, his assertion is ridiculous, unless you want to buy and live in a heap. the cost of living is high in japan, fortunately i was on a good salary so was able to have a very comfortable life there. it is an interesting and rewarding place to live and work, the locals, once you get to know them, are generally pretty cool.

On 8/5/2024 at 2:15 PM, Celsius said:

I see foreigners in Japan buying houses for $6,000. Yes it's in the boonies with declining population, but houses are relatively nice and Japan is a livable place with good infrastructure. No trickery as the foreigner can own a land and house in full.

How does that compare to soi dog Farang building a 5 million baht house in the rice fields of Isaan for his bargirl that he will never own (a house and a bargirl).

Discuss

I'd love to live in a rural area of Japan. The infrastructure is very good and superior to anything in a rural area of Thailand. The problem would be that renting a "translator" in Japan would be astronomically expensive compared to LOS.

On 8/7/2024 at 4:43 AM, it is what it is said:

having lived and worked in japan, which i suspect the OP hasn't, his assertion is ridiculous, unless you want to buy and live in a heap. the cost of living is high in japan, fortunately i was on a good salary so was able to have a very comfortable life there. it is an interesting and rewarding place to live and work, the locals, once you get to know them, are generally pretty cool.

Villages are being depopulated, so I expect houses in villages to be cheaper than in the city, but that is nothing to do with cost of living. In the country one can grow one's own food to help with expenses.