Nonbinary and Transgender Nikki Hiltz in the Paris Olympics

Social Media

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I you had typed "Tou" that may have been a typo. You typed "to". You seem to be confusing pronouns with prepositions. An amateur mistake.

As do you when spelling "entitled". 

I didn't say it can't be used in singular form (your reading/comprehension skills appear to also be lacking).  

I said it is confusing (and somewhat inaccurate use of English) to use "they" when the sex of the person being discussed is known, as it is in this case. 

That's funny, and a very different explanation to your first post.

As for picking up typos "I you?" See. It's a simple mistake to make, isn't it? Not nearly as bad as misunderstanding grammar.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

That's funny, and a very different explanation to your first post.

As for picking up typos "I you?" See. It's a simple mistake to make, isn't it? Not nearly as bad as misunderstanding grammar.

So if I asked how old your wife is, you'd reply "They are xx years old" instead of "She is xx years old"? Very strange. 

When referring to a person that you know the sex of, he/she is both clearer and more accurate than they.

But if you wish to reduce the clarity and accuracy of the English language in order to pursue some 'progressive' woke agenda, don't let me stop you. Seems more regressive than progressive to me, but that seems to be a trend of the left in recent years. 

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So if I asked how old your wife is, you'd reply "They are xx years old" instead of "She is xx years old"? Very strange. 

When referring to a person that you know the sex of, he/she is both clearer and more accurate than they.

But if you wish to reduce the clarity and accuracy of the English language in order to pursue some 'progressive' woke agenda, don't let me stop you. Seems more regressive than progressive to me, but that seems to be a trend of the left in recent years. 

Once again you are changing the subject.

I said it is possible to use "they" in the singular. I gave you an example. If you chose to ignore a simple rule of English, up to you.

I suggested you prove me wrong. Not change the example. By suggesting I'm commenting because I'm "woke" just takes you further from the truth that you messed up with simple English grammar.

I don't believe people should ask to be called "they". I believe he and she is sufficient when the sex of a person is known. Modern day gender issues seem different and can be confusing to some.

However, back to my point. You made an incorrect assumption regarding the use of "they". I pointed that out. You have difficulty accepting you made an error. That's fine but undermines other comments you make.

20 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Once again you are changing the subject.

I said it is possible to use "they" in the singular. I gave you an example. If you chose to ignore a simple rule of English, up to you.

I suggested you prove me wrong. Not change the example. By suggesting I'm commenting because I'm "woke" just takes you further from the truth that you messed up with simple English grammar.

I don't believe people should ask to be called "they". I believe he and she is sufficient when the sex of a person is known. Modern day gender issues seem different and can be confusing to some.

However, back to my point. You made an incorrect assumption regarding the use of "they". I pointed that out. You have difficulty accepting you made an error. That's fine but undermines other comments you make.

I didn't say it was impossible to use they in the singular. You simply made that up.

I said it is confusing and less accurate than using he/she. Which it is. I don't see why the English language should be used in a less effective and accurate way to pander to some attention seekers who want to be seen as special when he/she are in fact a perfectly normal, run of the mill homosexual.

Edited by JonnyF

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I didn't say it was impossible to use they in the singular. You simply made that up.

I said it is confusing and less accurate than using he/she. Which it is. I don't see why the English language should be used in a less effective and accurate way to pander to some attention seekers who want to be seen as special when he/she are in fact a perfectly normal, run of the mill homosexual.

It's not. The example I gave is perfectly effective.

The last part of your comment really lets you down. It shows a lack of understanding.

However, I like the fact you call homosexuals "perfectly normal".

Edited by youreavinalaff