The Tim Walz thread.

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Or Major Asthma,  but neither of them actually lied about their service.

What radical policies does Walz have? We know Harris has no clue. So far she has copied policies from Biden, Trump so what about Walz. Why isnt the msm asking?

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

No doubt Walz is good on the stump. A very effective speaker and far better than Harris. 

Too bad he is being called a coward by the members of his old Guard unit. Even the unit chaplain has no time for him.  If/when he ever does an interview he may have some tough questions to answer. He served for 24 years with dignity, but the ending and subsequent period are not good.  The time sequence is not in dispute- his unit got told to prepare for deployment, he did an 'end around' of his immediate superior to file his retirement papers, he quit, his unit was deployed. Does not look good for a senior NCO at all. 

That's a point. I haven't heard of a single member of his unit coming out to defend him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

That's a point. I haven't heard of a single member of his unit coming out to defend him. 

But I read this:

As a retired senior officer in the Texas Air National Guard - Tim Walz seems to have done exactly the right thing. We had people who had the authority and position - as he did - but did not complete the requirements to retire at a rank. Still they held the rank and position and retired to a lower rank.

We got alerts but there were always multiple units on the alert and you never knew if you were going to go or even if anyone was going to go.

His commander and State headquarters had to agree to allow him to retire, if they really needed him they could have disapproved that.

Walz defends his military record amid Republican attacks at first solo campaign event

https://www.yahoo.com/news/walz-defends-military-record-amid-233827997.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

My Grandpa was in ww2. He never gave tampons out though.

Mi e too. He was interested Merchant3 Marine on the Atlantic. 

He didn't shirk his duties or leave his shipmates hanging. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Mi e too. He was interested Merchant3 Marine on the Atlantic. 

He didn't shirk his duties or leave his shipmates hanging. 

Not in the military then....?   🤔

How do you know what he did, you weren't there.........🤔

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, transam said:

Not in the military then....?   🤔

How do you know what he did, you weren't there.........🤔

I read the letters he sent my grandmother, describing the conditions and how they faced the U-boats in convoy. How you behaved depended in large part on the cargo you were carrying. 

His ship was carrying artillery shells when it was torpedoed in 1943.

He answered the call and paid for it. My cousin was in the Militia and answered the call. His unit was sent to Afghanistan. He was shot 3 times by a terrorist but at least he survived. 

That's why Walz running away irks me.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I read the letters he sent my grandmother, describing the conditions and how they faced the U-boats in convoy. How you behaved depended in large part on the cargo you were carrying. 

His ship was carrying artillery shells when it was torpedoed in 1943.

He answered the call and paid for it. My cousin was in the Militia and answered the call. His unit was sent to Afghanistan. He was shot 3 times by a terrorist but at least he survived. 

That's why Walz running away irks me.

My father spent five years, from the age of 20, as an engineer in the merchant navy.......most of it in the North Atlantic.

I have nightmares just thinking about what he went through. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, riclag said:

Would America want The daughter of walz anywhere near the WH, She’s a National Security Risk imop

As had been reported,Imagine having ones daughter alert the Useful idiots of Marxist Blm rioters the status Whereabouts 

of the National Guard as the cities looting,burning and police assaults continued in the city and surrounding communities!

On May 30, 2020, Walz's daughter, now 23, reportedly reposted and responded to an account on X, formerly Twitter, that urged all protesters to "GET OUT NOW" because the National Guard and SWAT were allegedly on their way to the scene of the Minneapolis riots. In the post thread, she insisted to protesters that the National Guard "WILL NOT be present tonight."

https://www.newsweek.com/hope-walz-controversial-tweets-national-guard-resurface-after-vp-announcement-1935440

“As his state’s largest city was engulfed in flames, Walz held off on mobilizing the Minnesota National Guard for a full 18 hours after Minnesota Mayor Jacob Frey said he desperately needed at least 600 National Guardsmen to bring things under control.

When Walz finally decided to act the night of May 28, 2020, he sent only 100 guardsmen, a scathing post-mortem from the state’s Senate revealed later that year.

“Those that did arrive did little to stop the carnage, according to Minneapolis residents”.

https://nypost.com/2024/08/07/us-news/harris-and-walz-fiddled-as-minneapolis-burned-during-blm-riots/

Would the civilized world want the daughter of Trump anywhere near thei G20 group chat? By the look on Lagarde face, I guess not...

16 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually,  in Canada the Merchant Marine sailors have been recognized as veterans,  and entitled to full benefits. Their casualty rate was actually higher than the rest of the armed forces. 

And rightly so, but they were not military, they probably got paid danger money.

Now I have a video for you, watch it all, it will show my point and bury yours regarding Walz.....🤗

1 hour ago, transam said:

And rightly so, but they were not military, they probably got paid danger money.

Now I have a video for you, watch it all, it will show my point and bury yours regarding Walz.....🤗

And the first thing out of Mayor Pete's mouth is "b-b-but Trump!". Then Jesse Ventura says, "b-b-but Trump!". I notice that nobody in that clip actually served with Walz. Why is that?

Nobody is disputing the 24 years that Walz put in. They ARE disputing the suspicious timing and reasoning for his abrupt departure.  Whe he did not fulfil his 6 year commitment to the Guard. And his constant (not just one slip up, Mayor Pete) references to himself as a CSM and combat veteran.   

How about listening to those who actually knew Walz at that time- his unit chaplain, his CO, his immediate superior in the chain of command? They are all in agreement that Walz slunk away to avoid deployment overseaes.  Pay attention to the first hand accounts, not the latecomers and political operators. 

ETA: the commentator also gets some very basic facts wrong. Calling Vance an "ivy league brat" when serving in the Marines. In fact, Vance enlisted after high school from 17 to 21 years old, completed his enlistment, then went to college.  And then, inevitable, "b-b-but Trump" for most of his time.

Give it a rest. Look at the facts and the eyewitness accounts.

Edited by Hanaguma

I do not really care that Walz "retired" when he got his orders to deploy, I don't really care that he lied about it, or that he lied about the weapons he carried in "war", I care that he is a hard leftist and his policies reflect that. 

Now he's being made to look like good old county Tim, just like Kamala is being made to look like a moderate when she is anything but. 

If you want hard-left policies vote for them, if you don't vote for Trump.

Harris/Walz support: 
Millions of illegals per year flooding across the border
Amnesty and fast-track path to citizenship for illegals 
Free medical care for illegal immigrant
Shutting down fracking, resulting in high energy prices and reliance on advisories for oil
First and second amendments reversed
Court packing
Men in girl’s sports, bathrooms and locker rooms
Hormone blockers for children
Genital mutilation of children
Children being removed from parents that do not agree to “gender affirming care” for their children
Higher taxes
More spending
Books that provide pictorial instructions on how to participate in homosexual sex in grade-schools

• Haha 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

I do not really care that Walz "retired" when he got his orders to deploy, I don't really care that he lied about it, or that he lied about the weapons he carried in "war", I care that he is a hard leftist and his policies reflect that. 

Now he's being made to look like good old county Tim, just like Kamala is being made to look like a moderate when she is anything but. 

If you want hard-left policies vote for them, if you don't vote for Trump.

Harris/Walz support: 
Millions of illegals per year flooding across the border
Amnesty and fast-track path to citizenship for illegals 
Free medical care for illegal immigrant
Shutting down fracking, resulting in high energy prices and reliance on advisories for oil
First and second amendments reversed
Court packing
Men in girl’s sports, bathrooms and locker rooms
Hormone blockers for children
Genital mutilation of children
Children being removed from parents that do not agree to “gender affirming care” for their children
Higher taxes
More spending
Books that provide pictorial instructions on how to participate in homosexual sex in grade-schools

Nooooooo.....not again.

• Thanks 2

Well, this Trump campaign theme died when Trump insulted veterans the other day.

Angering vets, Trump says civilian award is 'much better' than Medal of Honor

“It’s actually much better, because everyone gets the Congressional Medal of Honor, that’s soldiers ‒ they’re either in very bad shape, because they’ve been hit so many times by bullets, or they’re dead,” Trump said.

-snip-

Any Trumpers here want to defend Trump's comment?

Still want to talk about military service?

This is how political campaigns are lost.

Edited by Danderman123

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Well, this Trump campaign theme died when Trump insulted veterans the other day.

Angering vets, Trump says civilian award is 'much better' than Medal of Honor

“It’s actually much better, because everyone gets the Congressional Medal of Honor, that’s soldiers ‒ they’re either in very bad shape, because they’ve been hit so many times by bullets, or they’re dead,” Trump said.

-snip-

Any Trumpers here want to defend Trump's comment?

Still want to talk about military service?

This is how political campaigns are lost.

Obsessed with Trump. Walz topic.

Posts using derogatory and toxic nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names will be removed. If you don’t want your post to be removed, spell people’s names correctly.

Stolen valor Walz caught lying again. Claimed he and his wife had their children using IDF, and that Vance wanted to ban it. 

Lie number one (which Walz's wife walked back) was that they used IDF

Lie number two was that Vance wanted to ban it. 

All the left has are lies. 

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Stolen valor Walz caught lying again. Claimed he and his wife had their children using IDF, and that Vance wanted to ban it. 

Lie number one (which Walz's wife walked back) was that they used IDF

Lie number two was that Vance wanted to ban it. 

All the left has are lies. 

Where does the Israel defence force come into all this?