2 minutes ago, Fortunateson said:

Address is the same, so I do not have to file?

well, as one who will be solely in BKK during the 1st year anyway, all I am required to do is to notify the BOI office here either in person or have someone do it for me.  Nothing about any  TM.30 has been mentioned.  FYI it will be the same address anyway but others I have seen online asking just says that if one enters any immigration office for that one year, it might be up to that particular IO about the TM.30.  Go figure as TIT.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Presnock said:

11 minutes ago, Presnock said:

well, as one who will be solely in BKK during the 1st year anyway, all I am required to do is to notify the BOI office here either in person or have someone do it for me.  Nothing about any  TM.30 has been mentioned.  FYI it will be the same address anyway but others I have seen online asking just says that if one enters any immigration office for that one year, it might be up to that particular IO about the TM.30.  Go figure as TIT.

Very frustrating

Edited by Fortunateson

1 minute ago, Fortunateson said:

Well whereever you are entering Thailand, outside of BKK, then doing a TM.30 might be easy (i.e. CM usually only takes 5 minutes for that even during the morning rush) but I am not familiar with other IO.  To be sure, just call or email the BOI LTR folks and ask them what you might have to do or not have to do.  Good luck.

I am on an LTR visa. My Thai wife always submits one for me. As to whether it is needed? I don't know. I suspect the policy implementation varies according to the immigration office and maybe even according to an IO one might have cause to deal with.

23 hours ago, Presnock said:

if one enters any immigration office for that one year, it might be up to that particular IO about the TM.30

I did my one year report in Chiang Mai, using an agent (Star Visa). They wanted a copy of my TM30.

2 hours ago, JimGant said:

I did my one year report in Chiang Mai, using an agent (Star Visa). They wanted a copy of my TM30.

Okay, Thanks for that info.  I will be  in BKK at least for the first year but then it might be in CM where I have a house.  Getting the TM.30 there is really easy as I was there earlier this year.  Again, thanks for this info.  Have a good one.

On 8/7/2024 at 10:16 AM, Fortunateson said:

Receiving conflicting info from Thai Immigration. Does an LTR holder have to file a TM 30 upon returning from overseas?

In case it helps - I'm an LTR holder and I've been filing TM30s when I return from overseas. I found having a TM30 really useful when getting Certificates of Residence from Chamchuri Square for things like buying a car, renewing Thai driver's licenses, getting an international driver's license, etc.  Not sure what would happen if I didn't have the TM30 (for example, tried to use my lease or use a TM30 from a previous arrival). Maybe it would still be fine, but not going to tempt the fates.